Politics And Current Events

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Students Michal Marcinkiewicz and Carson Otto measure the light in the marijuana lab at the new Commercial Cannabis Production Program at Niagara College in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, on Oct. 9. (Carlos Osorio/Reuters)

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Several here voted for him knowing this, and will vote for him again...
Pledge that you will never vote for a politician that has blatantly lied or said dumb things in the future.
Perfect example of how Trump's behavior is excused.
:roll:

The levels that some of you go to say people defend trump’s behavior or all his terrible tendencies is hilarious. #TDS
Your post insinuates that Trump lies and says dumb things just like any other politicians. That paints it in a "normal" light.
You mean like with a rag or something?

:lol:

You'd have to be a mental deficient to have believed that garbage, and that was the Democrat candidate in 2016.

YEAH. He's not JUST like other polilticians... he's actually more believable than "other politicians". :lol:

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Yes, politicians lie. Politicians have lied since the the first politicians. But there hasn’t been a single human in the history of our country in any sort of significant public office that lies like our president. Not one single person. He lies about things that he said publically and is recorded. It’s so **** disingenuous to even compare this guy to any American politician we have ever seen

Worse than machine politicians back in the day like Tammany Hall? Worse than nutcases (who went to prison) like Jim Trafficant? Worse than Chaka Fattah? Worse than Duke Cunningham? Worse than James Watt?

Respectfully, you need some supplemental history lessons if you believe that Trump is the worst of all time.

[copied link to "stop making me defend Trump" video]

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Yes, politicians lie. Politicians have lied since the the first politicians. But there hasn’t been a single human in the history of our country in any sort of significant public office that lies like our president. Not one single person. He lies about things that he said publically and is recorded. It’s so **** disingenuous to even compare this guy to any American politician we have ever seen

Worse than machine politicians back in the day like Tammany Hall? Worse than nutcases (who went to prison) like Jim Trafficant? Worse than Chaka Fattah? Worse than Duke Cunningham? Worse than James Watt?

Respectfully, you need some supplemental history lessons if you believe that Trump is the worst of all time.

[copied link to "stop making me defend Trump" video]
Yes I’m wrong, everything you said is true. Trump is not quite the liar of the aforementioned. So he’s top 5 then. Whew, I feel better

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Students Michal Marcinkiewicz and Carson Otto measure the light in the marijuana lab at the new Commercial Cannabis Production Program at Niagara College in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, on Oct. 9. (Carlos Osorio/Reuters)
Wish I would have known this 8 years ago when we ate at their culinary school. Would have ordered the "chef's special" brownies.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 pm

he's actually more believable than "other politicians"
You'd have to be a mental deficient to have believed that garbage

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:58 pm

"What if I told you one could say what Warren didwas dumb without bringing up Trump?"

Matrix.jpeg

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:11 pm

This work is lit.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 pm

"What if I told you one could say what Warren didwas dumb without bringing up Trump?"

Matrix.jpeg
lol, ok. :lol:

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Pledge that you will never vote for a politician that has blatantly lied or said dumb things in the future.

The levels that some of you go to say people defend trump’s behavior or all his terrible tendencies is hilarious. #TDS
Your post insinuates that Trump lies and says dumb things just like any other politicians. That paints it in a "normal" light.
No my post was just a jab at WK. I’ve said countless times that Trump is a gigantic piece of **** that constantly lies and is worse than most people. Yet you guys constantly call me a trump supporter. That’s because you guys have #TDS and automatically insinuate anything not attacking trump full throated as defending the guy or being a supporter. It is pathetic.
I’ve never called you a Trump supporter.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Trump on the world condemning Saudi Arabia and the death of Jamal Khoshoggi
Here we go again with you’re guilty until proven innocent
**** him

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:45 pm

No my post was just a jab at WK. I’ve said countless times that Trump is a gigantic piece of **** that constantly lies and is worse than most people. Yet you guys constantly call me a trump supporter. That’s because you guys have #TDS and automatically insinuate anything not attacking trump full throated as defending the guy or being a supporter. It is pathetic.
I’ve never called you a Trump supporter.
Didn't nobody vote for Trump?

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Thread

SIGNIFICANT #Khashoggi updates:

• Turkish official tells CNN that Khashoggi was cut into pieces
• Turks to AJ, Saudi autopsy doctor Salah Al Tabiqi did the cutting
• Cutting lasted for 7 minutes, doctor told colleagues to listen music during the op
• Recordings exist
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1 ... 72864?s=19

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Were they listening to Papa Roach?

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Were they listening to Papa Roach?
I feel bad I laughed at this. :lol:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm

...it was their last resort...

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Thread

SIGNIFICANT #Khashoggi updates:

• Turkish official tells CNN that Khashoggi was cut into pieces
• Turks to AJ, Saudi autopsy doctor Salah Al Tabiqi did the cutting
• Cutting lasted for 7 minutes, doctor told colleagues to listen music during the op
• Recordings exist
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1 ... 72864?s=19
BTW that tweet has several follow ups, suggesting the embassy scene played almost like the work of Victor the Cleaner in the original Nikita!

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 pm

U.S. Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodriguez told reporters that the former officials from Toa Baja are accused of using nearly $5 million worth of federal funds to pay the town's public employees and municipal contractors.
https://www.necn.com/news/national-inte ... 91231.html

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Elizabeth Warren discussing Democrat racial outreach with Shaun King (2018 colorised)

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 am

Can anyone explain what the big deal is with this Khashoggi guy is? Obviously if what is said about how he was murdered is true it is awful but I never heard of the guy before. Anything I find on him said he's a Saudi Arabian journalist. Doesn't appear he was an American.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 am

He was a US resident and journalist for the Washington post; born in Saudi Arabia and graduated from Indiana State university in 1982.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:13 am

Yet another reason to visit the NOTL region. I for one am eagerly anticipating my next visit.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 am

Trump tweet that doesn’t matter
AP headline was very different from my quote and meaning in the story. They just can’t help themselves. FAKE NEWS!
This was the headline
Trump criticizes rush to condemn Saudi Arabia over Khashoggi
Here’s the transcript
AP: Do you believe, sir, do you believe the king and the crown prince? I mean do you find them ... do you find them sort of trustworthy here? And there’s been a lot of talk, including from Sen. Graham, who I know is an ally of yours in many ways, that this is the moment that perhaps the U.S. relationship with Saudi Arabia should be re-evaluated, that things should be done differently going forward. What do you think of that?
Trump: Well, I think we have to find out what happened first. You know, here we go again with, you know, you’re guilty until proven innocent. I don’t like that. We just went through that with Justice Kavanaugh. And he was innocent all the way. So I was unconcerned. So we have to find out what happened and they are doing a very major investigation. So is Turkey. Plus, they’re putting themselves together and doing it. And hopefully they’ll get to an answer as to what happened. But I will say they were very strong in their denial about themselves knowing.
https://apnews.com/ce719c7d6664400cb6b720ba84af2bc2

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:57 am

Can anyone explain what the big deal is with this Khashoggi guy is? Obviously if what is said about how he was murdered is true it is awful but I never heard of the guy before. Anything I find on him said he's a Saudi Arabian journalist. Doesn't appear he was an American.
I doubt anyone outside of Saudi Arabia had heard of him before. As far as I can tell, he was a prominent journalist in Saudi Arabia, seems like he got out of there when this MBS dude started consolidating power, was critical of said power consolidation. And has been murdered by said power consolidator.

There are a lot of people with egg on their face here, not just Trump and Jared, but titans of entertainment and industry. It just seems like Trump has shown a complete inability to do the job, it isn't Thomas Freidman, Jeff Bezos, or Oprah's job to hold other countries accountable for human rights abuses. I know the populist right sentiment to that is, it's not our job, but ok, that response is N/A as at the same time this dude is running hits on vocal critics of the regime, the US is partnering with MBS to guide the power structure in the Middle East to our liking. (ie, Saudi Arabia and Israel on one side, the Iranians on the other). Also, it's hard for us to determine if Trump's inability to respond to MBS is because of MBS's money flowing to the Trump Org, or Jared's idiotic Middle East peace plan.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 am