Politics And Current Events

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Also, who cares.

But anyway, I don't think there's any chance that Trump tries to issue any declaration that overrides what each state decides to do. Problem of course, is you get Trumpkin governors (like the one in MS) who issues state orders that override the precautionary measures taken by local officials.

The whole easter thing was stupid, but Trump saying stupid things is modus operandi.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:50 pm

See this is where people get accused of defending everything tRump argle bargle. The only evidence anyone has of any riff between Fauci and Trump are twitter body language experts analyzing screenshots of someones television, and stuff like Wapo writers just saying so, hoping to wish it into existence. And everyone buys it despite Fauci's own words and zero evidence to anything. The crazies are the ones out here NOT looking for Pepe Silvia.
The article I linked was about how right wing media pundits are turning on Fauci as Trump pushes the "We will get back to normal soon" narrative. It was about RW media vs Fauci, not Trump vs Fauci.

Yeah I was more replying to DD that already has it written in stone Fauci's set up to be the fall guy. Additionally I just can't be bothered to care that Trump states an optimistic projection of where we'd like to be with this. Some people hear 'It'd be nice to be back to normal by Easter' and their minds go straight to the MAGA cult beating down church doors on Easter Sunday demanding to be let in no matter what happens in the coming weeks.
First, that's not what he said (it'd be nice to be back to normal by Easter). Second, there are many people in his base take what he says as gospel and will act recklessly. Again, it's not leadership. It's adding to the problem.

Yes i know. The base. The base. The base. Riling up the base.
Do you think theres going to be some widespread revolt or something? Weren't you just trying to pin the fish tank cleaner idiots on him too? I understand its one big cult to you people, but it's not reality. The majority of people can hear what he says and also think and act for themselves.
Nope, wasn't me. Once again, you seem to think I think a certain way because I disagree with how he's handling this and have been critical of him. No, I don't think there will be a widespread revolt. I think there is a segment of his base (I've also said this repeatedly) who take what he says to heart. That's not really disputable. The size of that group may be debatable, but its existence is not. So again, what he is saying doesn't help, it only hurts.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Why in gods name are we pushing car manufacturers to make vents? Makes a tonnnn of sense
Their manufacturing lines can switch to that production and ventilators are in greater need.

My company is doing the same but with hand sanitizer. And we don't manufacture that at all in our normal course of business.

This does happen.
So is GM and Ford partnering with Respironics or Phillips or something? Because to me it seems like a total ruse and is just a marketing ploy
GM partnered with Ventec. It’s more realistic to me now

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 pm

Why in gods name are we pushing car manufacturers to make vents? Makes a tonnnn of sense
Their manufacturing lines can switch to that production and ventilators are in greater need.

My company is doing the same but with hand sanitizer. And we don't manufacture that at all in our normal course of business.

This does happen.
So is GM and Ford partnering with Respironics or Phillips or something? Because to me it seems like a total ruse and is just a marketing ploy
I work for Philips/Respironics (same company)... and don't know anything about that as of now. I know we are trying to get out equipment as quick as possible in general.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Also, who cares.

But anyway, I don't think there's any chance that Trump tries to issue any declaration that overrides what each state decides to do. Problem of course, is you get Trumpkin governors (like the one in MS) who issues state orders that override the precautionary measures taken by local officials.

The whole easter thing was stupid, but Trump saying stupid things is modus operandi.

Not sure he could possibly do a worse job.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm

I will say that driving by that Lordstown plant is depressing AF. Parking lot used to be packed every time I'd make the trip to Cleveland, now it's completely empty and looks like a horror film waiting to happen.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm

The whole "it goes both ways and they better treat us fair if they want supplies," comment should absolutely have raised eyebrows, but it didn't garner much attention.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Shut. Up.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Beyond prime-time television, however, the disregard for expert guidance being pushed by some conservative and libertarian voices goes further — aimed not simply at proving Fauci wrong but at painting him as an agent of the “deep state” that Trump has vowed to dismantle. The smear campaign taking root online, and laying the groundwork for Trump to cast aside the experts on his own coronavirus task force, relies centrally on the idea that there is no expertise that rises above partisanship, and that everyone has an agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:21 pm

I've seen exactly zero of that. But I'll start paying better attention since apparently the switch is flipped back to 'what blue checks and online crazies say matters.'

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:22 pm

He really seems to be listening when he said big hospitals have “one or two vents”.... but keep it up with your bullshit

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:30 pm

He really seems to be listening when he said big hospitals have “one or two vents”.... but keep it up with your bullshit
WTF you need to get a grip. Seriously. I was addressing the above post with the extremely online crowd trying to discredit Fauci. Like any of that at all matters. Which is funny because what I do actually see is alot of hate thrown toward Birx. I think she agreed with something Trump said and it's got her in the crosshairs of that same subset of people, just the opposite side of the aisle. So if none of that is a big deal, the other shtt isn't either.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:06 pm

I haven't seen one negative remark here about her. Or maybe you're here to argue with twitter?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 pm

I haven't seen one negative remark here about her. Or maybe you're here to argue with twitter?
In his head

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Big news:
President Trump on Friday compelled General Motors to manufacture ventilators to help handle the surge of coronavirus patients, using his power under the Defense Production Act.

Trump announced that he’d signed a presidential memorandum requiring the company to “accept, perform and prioritize” federal government contracts for production of the much-needed medical equipment shortly before signing into law a $2 trillion stimulus package to help prop up the economy during this public health crisis.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:19 pm

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:22 pm

good lord what a ****up
there's no bottom with this clown

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:24 pm

This is a new level of pathetic.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Yeah no shitt that's my entire point. You post an article about an online smear campaign set on taking down Fauci and all the experts. That garbage gets MSM coverage and repeated here.

As an example I mention seeing THE SAME EFFING THING on the exact same platform except toward Birx, and I'm "just arguing with twitter" and it's all in my head. Notice how one thing seems to be a big problem that some of you worry so much about and the other isnt? I can explain more in depth the meaning of the switch flipping gif if you need me to.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:33 pm

It must be tiring being the only sane person amongst all us nutjobs, eh?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:41 pm

60+ million idiots in this country thought this dipshit could do the job.

We are not a superior species. Last I checked animals don’t self immolate for seemingly no reasons.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:49 pm

It must be tiring being the only sane person amongst all us nutjobs, eh?
It is but I got time now.

I'm not the one that posted the article. I said I've seen no serious evidence to what it was stating. Then said I have seen examples of the exact same thing but from the other direction, tho equally as unserious.
But one is for some reason a legit issue and the other is just me making things up. It's the whole "Twitter isn't real life....until you guys decide it is" back and forth that happens like every other day here.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Lol no Democrats invited to Trumps singing event.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Lol no Democrats invited to Trumps singing event.
what did they sing?
low hanging fruit, i know