Politics And Current Events

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:18 am

It’s unbelievable that she compared a vaccine to 9 months of essential torture. But ok lady. You **** idiot. This country is headed towards the doldrums. I wish we could just split the country up. The problem is it’s not north vs south, it’s urban vs rural.
Just ignore it. I hear it works very well for some.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:27 am

The Nazi salutes are a nice touch. I guess the Jew hatred ties them all together. I'm sure they will eventually assimilate and adopt more liberal Western attitudes.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:34 am

Probably a Chelsea fan.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:36 am

Probably a Chelsea fan.
:thumb: :lol:

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 am

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-13-ye ... UQI5RNKYY/

CliffNotes: 13 year old boy was MAKING semi-auto guns, with parts he bought ONLINE and selling them from his home. a 19 year old shows up to buy one and figures he can just take it without paying for it. the 13 year old fires a gun and ends up hitting his 14 year old sister who dies at a nearby gas station because their mother didn't wait for an ambulance.
SMH at the whole damn thing.
JFC. :face:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:16 pm

"Now this kid is 13 years old, but he's making weapons. Semi-machine guns," Pounds said. "And he's selling those weapons on the streets of Douglas County, Carroll County, Atlanta everywhere."

Pounds said the teen was making "ghost guns" from start to finish. Ghost guns are untraceable guns made from parts sold online. Investigators said they believe the gun that killed Kyra was one her brother made.
I'm gonna need to see some proof this kid was actually building these guns. Not that I don't doubt it - but you're telling me this 13 year old had the funds to repeatedly by this stuff, buy the jig needed, and knew how to do it? I mean it's pretty easy, just seems very far fetched, imo.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Greater punishment for exercising a Constitutional right.

I wish I could say I can't see this one sticking, but given how the Supreme Court is currently situated...

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:38 pm

"Now this kid is 13 years old, but he's making weapons. Semi-machine guns," Pounds said. "And he's selling those weapons on the streets of Douglas County, Carroll County, Atlanta everywhere."

Pounds said the teen was making "ghost guns" from start to finish. Ghost guns are untraceable guns made from parts sold online. Investigators said they believe the gun that killed Kyra was one her brother made.
I'm gonna need to see some proof this kid was actually building these guns. Not that I don't doubt it - but you're telling me this 13 year old had the funds to repeatedly by this stuff, buy the jig needed, and knew how to do it? I mean it's pretty easy, just seems very far fetched, imo.
What would the sheriff gain from telling this story if its not true?

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm

You lost me at "Florida."

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:21 pm

What would the sheriff gain from telling this story if its not true?
Well ghost guns being a political agenda item, is a hot topic. Someone could easily say that, and talk about how many are on the streets, but was that necessary information when it came to killing his sister?

Was a two motive news article, which is why I found it iffy.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Well ghost guns being a political agenda item, is a hot topic. Someone could easily say that, and talk about how many are on the streets, but was that necessary information when it came to killing his sister?

Was a two motive news article, which is why I found it iffy.
I think you're reading too much into that.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:51 pm

I think they said the kid admitted to it, likely out of guilt but it wouldn't surprise me if any and all adults in the house were in on it.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Remember when the nba was getting all that flack, lol.
It was justified, but it was hard to take seriously.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:37 pm

I think they said the kid admitted to it, likely out of guilt but it wouldn't surprise me if any and all adults in the house were in on it.
Interesting if that's the case. I do doubt he was on his own doing it - just such a weird thing to couple with him murdering his sister.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:43 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:04 pm

Has anyone mentioned that the prosecutors in the latest school shooting case are considering charges against the parents for, essentially, not locking up the gun so he couldn't get it?

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm

I support that.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm

They literally bought the gun last week, and had a meeting with the principal the day of the shooting to discuss the shooter's behavior, which included making shooting threats PRIOR to when the gun was purchased. Seems too easy to make this a "parents did A, therefore B happened".

I know the law doesn't work this way, but they should get the same punishment he does, similar to how if a robber kills someone during a robbery, the getaway driver can also be charged for that crime.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:11 pm

It's really tough to put parents on the hook for what a minor child does. In PA the monetary cap a parent can be held liable for is $1,000 per person injured. (23 Pa. Code §§ 5502, 5505: Personal Injury)

It's a little higher in Wisconsin, but, still, lame.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:27 pm

Right but I feel like you can draw a pretty clear line from "Parents with kid who threatened others with shooting buy gun on Black Friday" to "Kid kills other kids with the gun on Monday/Tuesday".

Basically, you know your kid made these threats, and your best idea was "Hey, let's buy a gun"...

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:34 pm

I'm for common sense being applied here... be more responsible with your gun if its been documented that your kid is a **** maniac. You're ruining it for the rest of us.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:58 pm

What kind of piece of **** parents, upon learning about the threats their child made, don't immediately check to make sure that the gun was still at home? Much worse if they did know about the threats prior to purchasing and letting him know that they had. Wouldn't that constitute gross negligence and open them up to wrongful death suits?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:28 pm

I'm pretty sure they already knew about the threats prior to purchasing the gun, because he was suspended for those threats last week, prompting the meeting the day of the shooting.

Otherwise, they are two of the most **** oblivious humans on the planet.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Greater punishment for exercising a Constitutional right.

I wish I could say I can't see this one sticking, but given how the Supreme Court is currently situated...

No mention in this tweet that federal courts have held the same thing for years, including the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits. Also no mention from Mr. Stern that the case involved a defendant who waived his right to remain silent by choosing to speak at his own sentencing. Thus, the holding is not that "criminal defendants who exercise their right against self-incrimination by refusing to admit guilt may be punished with higher sentences due to 'lack of remorse.'" Rather, as explicitly stated by the court: "We hold that when a defendant voluntarily chooses to allocute at a sentencing hearing, the sentencing court is permitted to consider the defendant’s freely offered statements, including those indicating a failure to accept responsibility." Davis v. Florida, No. SC19-716 (December 2, 2021).

I have no strong feelings on the holding of the Florida Supreme Court, but I do object to Mark Joseph Stern's characterization of the case as inaccurate and misleading.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:21 pm

I'm pretty sure they already knew about the threats prior to purchasing the gun, because he was suspended for those threats last week, prompting the meeting the day of the shooting.

Otherwise, they are two of the most **** oblivious humans on the planet.
Yeah, just from what is being reported, I wouldn't feel bad if these parents got hit hard. They had all the flags, warning signs, and even meetings with the school that day and still did stupid ****.

It's one thing when a parent has the gun locked up and a teenage kid figures out the code and takes the gun. But these parents, ugh.