Politics And Current Events

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:33 am

According to the law it’s self defense. The videos show him being chased and the person who survived being shot admitted on the stand to pointing his gun at KR first. It’s an easy not guilty.

What bothers me is that there is not a law that says “hey teenager, don’t travel to an area of civil unrest with your assault rifle.”

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:38 am

According to the law it’s self defense. The videos show him being chased and the person who survived being shot admitted on the stand to pointing his gun at KR first. It’s an easy not guilty.
Yep, not arguing against that at all.

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:50 am

Would those defending Rittenhouse's actions be just as willing to defend Grosskreutz had he took his shot and killed Kyle?
Rittenhouse was being chased and wasn't the aggressor. When he fell, he continued to be attacked. Grosskreutz was pursing Rittenhouse. So no, I wouldn't.
I think it's incredibly telling how this extremely relevant discovery that was proven via testimony and video evidence is just completely ignored by virtually everyone on 'that' side. KR was attacked before he acted.

A narrative was fabricated to fit a political objective almost immediately. Race was injected into the scenario......where absolutely no race existed. Charges were brought before the entire picture had been painted by actors that wanted a political win. Terms like 'active shooter' were used by the media to skew the perception of what was actually happening during that night. People have latched on to complete falsehoods to justify their hate of KR...or at least their hate of what they believe KR 'stands for'.

The media fed what turned out to be complete lies to the public. Those lies were perpetuated and amplified by some of the most powerful politicians in the country. And even after being proven inaccurate, or exaggerated, or completely fabricated, they cling to the same talking points. They repeat them as fact, and refuse to listen to any deviation from their 'truth'.

Isn't this what the left hates about Trumpers so much?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:01 pm

Who are you talking to here? I think it's unanimous here that everyone thinks he's not guilty

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:19 pm

do we know what led to Rittenhouse being chased?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Antifa.

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Who are you talking to here? I think it's unanimous here that everyone thinks he's not guilty
The post is directed at no one in particular itt...it was more of a commentary about how the media and political leaders in this country handled the distribution of information regarding the facts of the case. And even after a not guilty verdict, there are people still willing to perpetuate the false narratives.

But regarding this thread... how many in here that would agree that he is 'not guilty' would also be willing to say 'justice was served'? Not many, I'd imagine.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:38 pm

'Not guilty' and 'justice was served' are very different concepts.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:39 pm

The gun owner term keeps getting used which would imply he owned the gun
He used his first COVID stimulus check to pay for it, had a friend (illegally) buy it for him and maintain possession.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:40 pm

The comparisons to the Arbery case are a little weird. That is textbook murder imo. Fry them.

And I've gone on record saying Rittenhouse had no business in Kenosha. His parents failed him there imo. There is admittedly some dark humor in that he shot three random people at a BLM riot, and one was a child molester, one had a rap sheet a mile long, including punching his grandmother in the face (the "sole survivor"), and the third got out of a mental health ward that same day.

No, that doesn't mean they deserved to get shot. I think that's probably representative of the kind of people that show up at these happenings. Which is all the better reason for a 17 year old kid to not be driving there to be a hero.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Nobody drives into a city with guns because they love someone else's business that much. That's some bullshit. No one has ever thought, "oh, it's my solemn duty to pick up a rifle and protect that T.J. Maxx." They do it because they're hoping to shoot someone.

-Trevor Noah
And he's absolutely correct.
With this logic, I guess this absolves any cop that has shot anyone openly carrying a gun during a chase. Because I mean if they have a gun for no other reason they are, "looking to shoot someone".

It's easy to say words and let the masses nod.
Kyle Rittenhouse is not a cop. Which is sort of the whole point.
No. The point is we've found mind readers that know the intentions of people they don't like and spread it as fact.
I kinda think the point is that it is completely dumb to go to a dangerous, chaotic area with a gun saying you’re going to protect something (which is nice he most positive spin you could possibly put on his mindset). That is an awful idea. It’s reckless. And it leads to gun violence, shockingly. I really just don’t understand how people can be in the camp of “he didn’t do anything wrong.”

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:01 pm

And I've gone on record saying Rittenhouse had no business in Kenosha.
His dad lives there.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:03 pm

He lives in the middle of the protests? Wow.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 pm

'Not guilty' and 'justice was served' are very different concepts.
OJ

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:10 pm

This link changed my opinion a bit.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/how-ky ... 021-11-11/
Around 10 p.m. video shows Rittenhouse with a rifle standing with other armed men near a used-car dealership. Rittenhouse testified he was asked to help guard the business due to the threat of looting and arson. He brought a medical kit and says his objective was to provide aid to anyone injured.

* Around 10:45 p.m., another video shows Rittenhouse asking police officers for water. One officer says: "We appreciate you guys. We really do."

* Around 11:45 p.m. Rosenbaum chases Rittenhouse into a used-car lot as Rittenhouse yells "Friendly, friendly, friendly." Rosenbaum throws a plastic bag containing toiletries at Rittenhouse.

* Rittenhouse testified that Rosenbaum grabbed his gun. A journalist for the Daily Caller, a conservative website, testified that Rosenbaum lunged for the rifle. Rittenhouse fires his gun at Rosenbaum, hitting him four times and killing him.

* Video shows Rittenhouse fleeing the scene of the Rosenbaum shooting and being chased by a growing crowd, some yelling "Get him!"
The actual facts point more towards a kid trying to look like a tough guy rather than play "call of duty Kenosha" as the media will lead you to believe. If Rosenbaum doesn't **** with him, he gets in his moms car and goes home at the end of the night.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:14 pm

Nobody drives into a city with guns because they love someone else's business that much. That's some bullshit. No one has ever thought, "oh, it's my solemn duty to pick up a rifle and protect that T.J. Maxx." They do it because they're hoping to shoot someone.

-Trevor Noah
The facts state that he was asked to help guard the used car dealership due to the threat of looting and arson.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:20 pm

This link changed my opinion a bit.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/how-ky ... 021-11-11/
Around 10 p.m. video shows Rittenhouse with a rifle standing with other armed men near a used-car dealership. Rittenhouse testified he was asked to help guard the business due to the threat of looting and arson. He brought a medical kit and says his objective was to provide aid to anyone injured.

* Around 10:45 p.m., another video shows Rittenhouse asking police officers for water. One officer says: "We appreciate you guys. We really do."

* Around 11:45 p.m. Rosenbaum chases Rittenhouse into a used-car lot as Rittenhouse yells "Friendly, friendly, friendly." Rosenbaum throws a plastic bag containing toiletries at Rittenhouse.

* Rittenhouse testified that Rosenbaum grabbed his gun. A journalist for the Daily Caller, a conservative website, testified that Rosenbaum lunged for the rifle. Rittenhouse fires his gun at Rosenbaum, hitting him four times and killing him.

* Video shows Rittenhouse fleeing the scene of the Rosenbaum shooting and being chased by a growing crowd, some yelling "Get him!"
The actual facts point more towards a kid trying to look like a tough guy rather than play "call of duty Kenosha" as the media will lead you to believe. If Rosenbaum doesn't **** with him, he gets in his moms car and goes home at the end of the night.
Most likely true, but if he wasn’t there to begin with none of this happens.

I looked at this same timeline yesterday. Do we know what caused Rosenbaum to chase him? Just trying to instigate because he was in front of a business they wanted to loot?

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:24 pm

-Trevor Noah
The facts state that he was asked to help guard the used car dealership due to the threat of looting and arson.
That’s what Rittenhouse says, not necessarily the facts. The owners of the dealership say they didn’t ask him or anyone to protect it. They showed up to inspect damages, the people were there, and they didn’t ask them to stay or leave.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Reasonable. Wish those were the questions the media was asking, but alas.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Do we know what caused Rosenbaum to chase him? Just trying to instigate because he was in front of a business they wanted to loot?
https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/kenosha-s ... d-men/amp/
One of the two protesters allegedly slain by teen vigilante Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin, this week confronted armed men shortly before he was killed, shouting, “Shoot me, n—a,” according to reports and video footage.

Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, can be seen in the online video approaching a group of men on a crowded street in Kenosha as he moves closer and closer repeatedly saying, “Shoot me, n—a,” according to a report by Storyful.
Rosenbaum was clearly a nut job with violent tendencies. He had convictions for domestic violence and child rape. Occams Razor tells me he was out there looking for mayhem, and looked in the wrong place.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:04 pm

The Rosenbaum dude did seem unhinged from the videos that came out once it happened.

While more people will probably bring guns to riots now, if Rosenbaum didn’t instigate the way he did I don’t think anything would’ve happened. Rittenhouse was the fuel for the fire but Rosenbaum was the spark

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:22 pm

Rosenbaum was suicidal. He was released from the hospital earlier that day following his second suicide attempt in two months.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Guess he got his wish

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Legal arguments aside, if the end result is some Antifa jagoffs getting into more gun fights with White Supremacist pricks then, well, cool. Darwin do Darwin things.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:25 pm