Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:34 am

there's some really, uh, "interesting" stuff going on with China and tennis

quick run down: Peng Shaui, a female chinese tennis player, accused a former Vice Premier of China of sexual assault. She has not been heard from or seen for some amount of time now. the chief exec of the WTA demanded information about her and then this was released

She's probably now working on an Amazon knock off product.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:43 am

Build Back Better Act was just passed by the House. Now onto the Senate.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:43 am

At least we can all agree that capitalism sucks.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:44 am

Ok...?
Ok. You feel as long as it's within the system it's fine and Billionaire A is a stand up guy because the system is at fault, not the businessman. I feel using the system to break people under you is shady, especially when you're already a billionaire.

We're not going to agree and that's fine.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 am

Ok...?
Ok. You feel as long as it's within the system it's fine and Billionaire A is a stand up guy because the system is at fault, not the businessman. I feel using the system to break people under you is shady, especially when you're already a billionaire.

This isn't my feeling. It's yours. You said, "[The laws on IP and our legal system are faulty]. Yay capitalism." It was bizarre to read. It still is.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:48 am

Ok...?

This isn't my feeling. It's yours. You said, "[The laws on IP and our legal system are faulty]. Yay capitalism." It was bizarre to read. It still is.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:48 am

When you inferred it was good to knock off a product and sell it for a lesser price, I made my response and you honed in on my sarcastic use of "Yay capitalism" rather than my point, which was about morals, not laws.

But carry on if you must.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:05 am

What a great attorney

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:08 am

wat

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:15 am

Nao with video

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:16 am

Hahahahaha. Nice.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:32 am

I'd have a beer with that dude

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:08 pm

When you inferred it was good to knock off a product and sell it for a lesser price, I made my response and you honed in on my sarcastic use of "Yay capitalism" rather than my point, which was about morals, not laws.

But carry on if you must.
I honed in on your criticism of our laws and legal system, created by your congressional heroes. You think you're criticizing capitalism, but...ya see...you're saying "the folks who had the original product have no real recourse, and I'm sad about that. I also need a new low-cost blender by 3:30 today, pard'me a moment."

So, you love and utilize the capitalism part. You hate the laws and legalities (or, perhaps, lack thereof) around IP and the like. This is misdirected anger. You want to be a hip pinko anti-capitalist maybe...with your own free enterprise business...but you're not, nor will you defeat concept that you actively contribute to on an hourly basis. But, conceivably, you could help to influence changes in laws that support the stance that you seem to unknowingly have...it would be a better, more efficient use of your voice certainly...

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Yep.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Wait is hunting partisan?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm

I’m fine with hunting (and want to go deer hunting in the next year or so) but I can’t stand when people take photos next to their kills

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Do you really think it isnt?

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm sure there is. As you note, Amazon is not even a little close to being at it...

Everyone has this idyllic view and principled path and their fanciful political views about how they feel about things...right up until comes time to cash in. Then all of a sudden, it's, "well........."

That's why I don't buy it. Pavel Bure can claim "slavery" and all of that nonsense, but if someone offered him six cents off of a case of mallo cups, he'd take his empty stance and stash it right in the garbage...
1. I would pay double for Mallow Cups because they’re delicious.

2. What is slavery? If the argument is theyre getting paid and not being held against their will I guess that’s correct. However those Chinese companies aren’t the same. Heck wage slavery is a thing in this country. I mean even plantation owners fed and houses their slaves, and you know the slave could always runaway if they wanted but there was risk to them and their family. The way these large corporations operate certainly makes it so if people run away they put their families in jeopardy. Whether it’s through hungrier, a place to live, or just basic needs of living. There is a large problem with billionaires and the people they’ve stepped on and exploited to get there. To not a knowledge that is naive and disingenuous.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:47 pm

Do you really think it isnt?
I did... Growing up around these parts, hunting was never a Republican thing. It was just what many (most) people did. I never got into it but I did enjoy the day off of school.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:50 pm

All right...so there's no case. You're upset at American work culture, not Musk, Gates, or Bezos...
There are tons of incidences of Amazon (under Bezos' thumb) using their system to see which third party sellers' products were the most successful, then using that info to knock off the products, have cheap copies made in China, and put the third party sellers out of business by selling their knockoffs for less money. That seems pretty exploitative and shady to me but I suppose it's the American way.
"Amazon Essentials"

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:50 pm

It's more of an urban vs rural thing, which has increasingly become the partisan divide. So in that sense of how urban/rural shapes your identity and politics, hunting is political

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:51 pm

Should I care that ten rich people get richer...?
Depends if you think it’s okay for them to exploit people in the worst ways to get there.
Slavery? They enslave people...? I feel like that would have come up on Twitter...
Amazon piss bottles etc. trying to now create company towns and stores. History repeating so yes.

Further, in general, automation was supposed to make it so people didn’t have to slave away at jobs. I don’t think people are angry that others are rich but more so that those people are free to pursue **** that actually makes them happy (like going to space). Where as many working people today are burnt out and stuck in a cycle of work/ear/sleep/repeat with little time for more fulfilling things or being too exhausted to pursue those things… obviously getting a bit off topic but the 40 hour work week should have been gone long ago.
All right...so there's no case. You're upset at American work culture, not Musk, Gates, or Bezos...
Considering there aren't really an over abundance of examples of this kind of behavior at other mega-companies, it very much does seem more of a targeted complaint.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:51 pm

I’d be interested to see if hunting is a partisan issue across surveys. My guess is that most Dems are ok with hunting as long as it makes sense (for example, Idaho allowing the hunting of wolves is an absolutely ludicrous policy)
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:52 pm

It's more of an urban vs rural thing, which has increasingly become the partisan divide. So in that sense of how urban/rural shapes your identity and politics, hunting is political
That's fair. I know plenty of democrats who hunt but that may just be a regional thing.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:58 pm

:thumb: