Politics And Current Events

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:58 am

So they're Walmart shoppers that don't even shop at Giant? lol, that sounds about right.
Yep. They're all about boycotting businesses they never use, actors they never watch, singers they never listen to, etc. Like when the NHL had the pride game. There were so many, "I don't watch hockey and now I never will!" comments. :lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:59 pm

It was super easy for me to boycott CFA when there wasn't one within like 25 miles of my house.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:05 pm

So they're Walmart shoppers that don't even shop at Giant? lol, that sounds about right.
Yep. They're all about boycotting businesses they never use, actors they never watch, singers they never listen to, etc. Like when the NHL had the pride game. There were so many, "I don't watch hockey and now I never will!" comments. :lol:
I see that the Phillies are having pride night soon at whatever the new Veteran's Stadium is called. That sounds like a fun crowd.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:05 pm

I eat at CFA quite often.. and I refuse to feel bad about it honestly.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Who is trying to make you feel bad about that?

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:08 pm

In my experience the people that boycott CfA most vocally are not even in the community that they claim CfA is trying to destroy. Most of my LGBTQ+ friends eat and anjoy CfA regularly.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:13 pm

One of the upper management peeps at my company is lesbian and pretty staunchly anti-CFA. She’s an awesome human so I know it’s not a dumb cancel culture thing

I’ve been boycotting CFA my entire life because I don’t like chicken

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:21 pm

I've ***** about companies, sports, etc, but never got to the point I ever wanted to boycott.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:21 pm

PS, CFA is yummy.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:26 pm

I gotta say, I like CfA, but it’s also overrated at the same time

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:29 pm

I haven't had CFA since 2006ish, I think? Wendy's chicken sandwich is an underrated, killer sandwich, so it doesn't even cross my mind.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:30 pm

I tried a CfA sando in the Before Times, just to see what the fuss was about. And my impression was that I cannot conceive of a fact pattern that would see me willingly submit myself to any measure of inconvenience - like a line - to obtain one of those things again.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:50 pm

The line at CFA around here is a well oiled machine. They had to make a new traffic pattern as to not disrupt traffic because of how long it is...and it's still quicker than any other fast food joint around, and the employees are super friendly all the time.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Go look at my rant in the Fast Food thread. I eat CFA because I don't get treated there like I do at other restaurants. I've had one bad service experience at a CFA in the 30+ years I've had access to one, and that was because it was the kid's first day (or so he said). They treat their staff fairly and in turn (generally) treat their customers like they give a **** about them. It's refreshing.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:58 pm

The line at CFA around here is a well oiled machine. They had to make a new traffic pattern as to not disrupt traffic because of how long it is...and it's still quicker than any other fast food joint around, and the employees are super friendly all the time.
BS meter going off. They may have a new traffic pattern and all, but it’s akin to your GE analogy. The line is always waaaaaayyy too long to make it worth a trip there. What’s the point of using the app to order ahead of time if I have to sit in the same long line as somebody who’s going to take 5 minutes to decide between sandwiches?

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:05 pm

Who uses the app to order and then sits in a drive thru line? There’s in store pickup and curbside for a reason, noobs.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:06 pm

BS meter going off. They may have a new traffic pattern and all, but it’s akin to your GE analogy. The line is always waaaaaayyy too long to make it worth a trip there. What’s the point of using the app to order ahead of time if I have to sit in the same long line as somebody who’s going to take 5 minutes to decide between sandwiches?
Even if the line is super super super long I don't think I've ever had a +15 minute wait in the drive through. Normally though I do curbside when available and that makes it even quicker. They are really efficient, you are going to wait, but I'd rather wait 15-20 minutes in the CFA drive thru then 10-15 at Wendys around here.

Plus they are always super pleasant and my food is 100% right all the time, where at Wendy's its 50/50 at best, and everyone is always grumpy.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:46 pm

Even if the line is super super super long I don't think I've ever had a +15 minute wait in the drive through. Normally though I do curbside when available and that makes it even quicker. They are really efficient, you are going to wait, but I'd rather wait 15-20 minutes in the CFA drive thru then 10-15 at Wendys around here.

Plus they are always super pleasant and my food is 100% right all the time, where at Wendy's its 50/50 at best, and everyone is always grumpy.
The past two times it's been 30+ minutes. Last time was on a random Wednesday, 50 minutes. And I was there at like quarter to 5, not prime dinner hours. They only had one drive thru lane open for some reason.

Only good thing is I know the general manager there, and she will hook us up with free meals all the time.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:07 pm

The past two times it's been 30+ minutes. Last time was on a random Wednesday, 50 minutes. And I was there at like quarter to 5, not prime dinner hours. They only had one drive thru lane open for some reason.

Only good thing is I know the general manager there, and she will hook us up with free meals all the time.
I'm assuming we are both talking about the same CFA on route 22 right? haha.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:28 pm

That's the one. I work near your neck of the woods

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:38 pm

If you're not doing mobile order with curbside pick-up, you're 100000% doing it wrong with CFA.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 pm

If you're not doing mobile order with curbside pick-up, you're 100000% doing it wrong with CFA.
I agree but sometimes for whatever reason curbside isn't always an option at the one near me.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 pm

That's the one. I work near your neck of the woods
Stay away from Haymaker road this week if you are over this way.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:50 pm

Cranberry CFA line is very efficient.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Jim Crow-mo