Politics And Current Events

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:23 pm

3 of them should be obvious. Clinton may not be as obvious, but of course he was awful. Obama was a good speaker. The ACA isn’t nothing, either. But he wasted his terms. Early on it was either naivety or something more sinister, but in the end he was certainly the most disappointing public official in my lifetime. And he didn’t care.

Biden isn’t a master mind but I do believe him to be authentic. I think he wants to help people more than he wants to be invited to cool parties after he’s done. And so far, I think he’s doing wonderfully.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:28 pm

You just said nothing. Oh good our president "wants to help people". Hey so did the nurse that gave me my shot today maybe she should run next

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:38 pm

You just said nothing. Oh good our president "wants to help people". Hey so did the nurse that gave me my shot today maybe she should run next
What are her policies?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:38 pm

biden is a bit of a strange one, for as long as his tenure in the senate was, and a stint as VP, he is not rich compared to some of his senate counterparts. the Clintons and the Bushes are absolute ghouls compared to Biden. Obama is definitely cashing in big time, but at least it's on cultural nonsense as opposed to blunt influence peddling like the Clintons.

Biden has been more progressive than Obama, but I think it's just that the last 10 years of republicans controlling at least one of the house, senate, POTUS, and what they chose to do with that leadership, has given the Biden team the permission to ignore the republicans in DC.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:40 pm

What’s your plan here? Some gotcha because I don’t want to write 4000 words on my phone on a Friday night? There’s no agreement here regardless. The outcome winds back here no matter how much I articulate this.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:41 pm

This is not a loaded question, as I don't recall shem's stance...but we're taking the "he's changed" stance from his hard-on-crime stuff from the 90's (and, I suppose, his VP pick who was hard on crime in the yesterdays)...? Again, not a "gotcha"...answer can be as simple as you choose...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:55 pm

This is not a loaded question, as I don't recall shem's stance...but we're taking the "he's changed" stance from his hard-on-crime stuff from the 90's (and, I suppose, his VP pick who was hard on crime in the yesterdays)...? Again, not a "gotcha"...answer can be as simple as you choose...
I gave the simple answer, though. I believe him to be authentic, which means he’s more likely to work to help others than cement his kushy, post presidency life.

I also think it’s easy to take for granted that a man that old can change. He was a pretty foul person, policy wise, for the large majority of his career. I haven’t heard him go back to that well since he began campaigning.

I think Biden is a simple, decent person. I don’t believe any of his predecessors going back to Jimmy Carter could claim to be decent with a straight face.

So...low bar combined with a guy who wants to do good. That’s it.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:56 pm

...and Harris is pure, lab grown mediocrity. I hope this is her last gig.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:23 pm

...back when we farmed our own meth in the open fields. Those were the days.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:19 pm

What’s your plan here? Some gotcha because I don’t want to write 4000 words on my phone on a Friday night? There’s no agreement here regardless. The outcome winds back here no matter how much I articulate this.
Not everything is a gotcha. It's a weird comment to say a career politician is the best president of the past 5 or more just 60 days into his term when he really hasn't done much of anything other than restore the status quo. Wanted to know how he has you sold so early.

Im glad being a caring guy does so much for you.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:22 pm

What are her policies?
Well she's pro-vax so I guess that's a good start

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:34 pm

I feel like it’s impossibly difficult to judge presidents in the current age. There are so many factors - so many variables - that it’s a chore to isolate the president’s actions and know what they’re truly working for and on

I really just judge by sincerity. Clinton was insincere and Trump is an alltime bad president. I think Bush was a little better but it’s really hard to know what was going on with Cheney on his side. Obama I wanted to believe was genuine but it honestly felt like more of the same with him in terms of overall policy

I do feel like Biden is the most sincere of the last five, so in that way I agree with shmenguin, but I don’t know how much that’s saying. Reagan was before I existed but I think he was sincere, albeit very misguided (Nancy too)

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:52 pm

I feel like it’s impossibly difficult to judge presidents in the current age. There are so many factors - so many variables - that it’s a chore to isolate the president’s actions and know what they’re truly working for and on

I really just judge by sincerity. Clinton was insincere and Trump is an alltime bad president. I think Bush was a little better but it’s really hard to know what was going on with Cheney on his side. Obama I wanted to believe was genuine but it honestly felt like more of the same with him in terms of overall policy

I do feel like Biden is the most sincere of the last five, so in that way I agree with shmenguin, but I don’t know how much that’s saying. Reagan was before I existed but I think he was sincere, albeit very misguided (Nancy too)
You can differentiate between worst presidency (GWB) and worst president (Trump) since Reagan.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:49 am

You can differentiate between worst presidency (GWB) and worst president (Trump) since Reagan.
Yes, and trump being manifestly unfit for the job, and displaying that unfitness like a badge of honor each day is the only reason he’s worse than bush.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:01 am

Hamsterdam!

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:11 am

Hamsterdam!
@mikey get them hookers and blow lines on the ass ready! Road trip!

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 am

The exercise is...compare biden now to where the others left off. A different exercise would be to compare his first 60 days to the others’ 60 days.

None of these are really THAT meaningful. And there’s 4 years to go, so who knows how he leaves things. And he was “born on 3rd base” with the vaccines and the low bar from Trump.

But so far? Very very good from Biden IMO. And I never got that feeling from the others.

Also...Reagan pretended that AIDS wasn’t a thing, as a good friend of his was dying from it. Was actually pretty cruel about it. And he was literally an actor. Sincerity need not apply.
Last edited by shmenguin on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:53 am

Hamsterdam!
Bunny finally getting his due.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:03 am

Hamsterdam!
@mikey get them hookers and blow lines on the ass ready! Road trip!
Already on my way, baby...you guys need me to pick you up any hookers or blow on the way back through...?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:27 am

I'll take two crab cakes plz

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Does crab cakes qualify as hookers or blow on itemized deductions?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:48 pm

The replies to that tweet are gold. People think it’s going to turn into a modern day Soddom

**** ninnies who see “won’t prosecute low level crimes” and immediately think the city will devolve into destitution

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:02 pm

Like................ what are their impressions of the city now?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Lol came here to say exactly that

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 pm

Shorter, please release the officials we supported. It was a nonviolent coup.