Politics And Current Events

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:43 pm

:lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:03 pm

Compounding the idiocy of RonJon's stunt, he had to be present for much of the reading of the bill even though he himself was not doing the recitation. So that meant he sat around on his thumbs for nearly 11 hours before finally leaving at around 2 am, and the net result of his shenanigans was..... quicker passage??

Public polling on this bill has consistently been in the 65%+ range. And not only did Republicans not lift a finger in its passage, the only active measures they did take was a ham-fisted attempt at delay.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Whole thread of owning the libtards. Great stuff imo

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:58 pm

Lol

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:32 pm

This is because they are fundraising using his name and he’s not seeing any of the money right?

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm

What in the **** are these people even doing.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:44 am

sorry shmenguin but describing Seuss’ work as garbage is a bottom five take for this board. Seuss is quintessential under 10 reading material. Green Eggs and Ham is a masterpiece

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 am

What is essential about it outside of your nostalgia?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 am

I was never a fan of Dr. Seuss, as a child or an adult. My daughter loves some of his books, but loved on from them once she turned 6 or so.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:48 am

There are some really good works from Seuss that have stood the test of time. These 6 or whatever the number is that haven’t are getting the axe. All is right in the world and people need to stfu.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:54 am

There are some really good works from Seuss that have stood the test of time. These 6 or whatever the number is that haven’t are getting the axe. All is right in the world and people need to stfu.
Yeah I was being a little over dramatic. There are a handful of really good ones...and then a bunch of garbage.

Either way, Mo Willems is much more fun MiMH, next time you’re at the library looking for something to read. Elephant and Piggie in particular.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:50 am

Yeah I was being a little over dramatic. There are a handful of really good ones...and then a bunch of garbage.

Either way, Mo Willems is much more fun MiMH, next time you’re at the library looking for something to read. Elephant and Piggie in particular.
Of course there are other books out there. How is that even an argument? The more accessible reading for early readers the better.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Atta boy, Jake. Really held him to the fire there with that “thank you so much” and way to only give a subtle nod to Mississippi’s racially motivated voter suppression and not stating things plainly at all.

Your gam gam watches a discussion like this and sees two symmetric sides. F’ing worthless.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:33 pm

I don’t know anything about Tate Reeves beyond that video but he looks like a direct-from-the-catalog jabroni

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Iron Curtain still alive: :scared: :scared: :scared:

(+what's wrong with Portugal??)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:58 pm

In the Stimulus Bill, a Policy Revolution in Aid for Children
The $1.9 trillion pandemic relief package moving through Congress advances an idea that Democrats have been nurturing for decades: establishing a guaranteed income for families with children.

A year ago, Anique Houpe, a single mother in suburban Atlanta, was working as a letter carrier, running a side business catering picnics and settling into a rent-to-own home in Stone Mountain, Ga., where she thought her boys would flourish in class and excel on the football field.

Then the pandemic closed the schools, the boys’ grades collapsed with distance learning, and she quit work to stay home in hopes of breaking their fall. Expecting unemployment aid that never came, she lost her utilities, ran short of food and was recovering from an immobilizing bout of Covid when a knock brought marshals with eviction papers.

Depending on when the snapshot is dated, Ms. Houpe might appear as a striving emblem of upward mobility or a mother on the verge of homelessness. But in either guise, she is among the people Democrats seek to help with a mold-breaking plan, on the verge of congressional passage, to provide most parents a monthly check of up to $300 per child.

Obscured by other parts of President Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus package, which won Senate approval on Saturday, the child benefit has the makings of a policy revolution. Though framed in technocratic terms as an expansion of an existing tax credit, it is essentially a guaranteed income for families with children, akin to children’s allowances that are common in other rich countries.

The plan establishes the benefit for a single year. But if it becomes permanent, as Democrats intend, it will greatly enlarge the safety net for the poor and the middle class at a time when the volatile modern economy often leaves families moving between those groups. More than 93 percent of children — 69 million — would receive benefits under the plan, at a one-year cost of more than $100 billion.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:50 pm

Cuomo continues to insist he won't resign. With his personality, this could get ugly.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-and ... f24d675cc4
The two top Democrats in New York’s legislature withdrew their support for Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday amid mounting allegations of sexual harassment and undercounting COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes.

Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins became the first senior Democrat in the state to say the three-term governor should resign. Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie stopped short of demanding that Cuomo quit, but said in a statement that “it is time for the Governor to seriously consider whether he can effectively meet the needs of the people of New York.”

On Saturday, two more women who worked for Cuomo publicly accused him of inappropriate behavior, on the heels of other allegations in recent weeks.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:01 pm

He needs to resign and be investigated.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:18 am

This isn't Gov Blackface in VA not answering for actions from 30-40 years ago, this is conduct while in office. (Never mind that it's apparently also legacy behavior) He'll ultimately resign to keep from being a 'distraction'.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 am

Yup... gtfo Cuomo.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:18 am

Can he face criminal charges for this? It feels like something he should. Investigate him, resign/remove him from office.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:58 am

Can he face criminal charges for this? It feels like something he should. Investigate him, resign/remove him from office.
It's not illegal if the President Governor does it.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 am

Funny thing...Don't care that Franken got the death penalty for a misdemeanor or that Cuomo is persona non grata and may be forced to resign. It's completely fine. Let's roll the next one out and (particularly with Cuomo) enjoy the better leadership. And if Biden turns out to be some sort of sex monster like the last guy, I wouldn't have any issue with him getting the boot and Prez Harris takes over. And I don't even like Harris.

So I really really really do not understand how the non-MAGA republicans didn't salivate over the chance of Trump getting impeached in '20. Like what a perfect situation to be able to hand the office over to Vice President Milquetoast. But nah...gotta keep track of the score I guess.

Fealty to the name on the uniform is a really weird quirk for the GOP. I get the Trump worship from miscreants but the 401K republicans...what on earth were you thinking last year?

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:14 am

Ted Cruz is my quickly becoming my favorite GOP spectacle... first his Cancun vacation in the middle of an emergency in his state followed by proposing an amendment to the stimulus checks that was already in place anyways. It's been interesting watch his downward spiral to what he's become.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:16 am

He's one that I wish would just go away. He's trying so hard to be Trump-lite.