Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:13 am

"They're just trying to make the elections fair"
"The Democrats have done this, too"
etc.
And will 100% guaranty that they use the NC ballot harvesting fraud committed by republicans to impose this rule in AZ where it's basically the only way for these remote reservations vote.

I think the only hope at this point is that the GOP keeps becoming more depraved and alienating normie suburbanites who actually vote, so disenfranchising low percentage minority voters doesn't actually impact electoral results. I don't think there's any chance that the democrats hold these statewide offices in GA past 2020, but I think AZ holds because those recent results are based on the suburban shift more than about minority turnout. I don't know if WI, MI and PA have veto proof majorities, but with democratic governors and election officials, I doubt they could impose anything that would alter the current landscape, and also the continued shift of reliable suburban voters would counter depressed turnout from the minority vote in these states.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:15 am

I still think that pissbaby singlehandedly woke people up about voting, and that we won't see people just sit back and not vote in the future. I'd like to think that even with all of this bullshit, people will put in the effort to vote and make sure another pissbaby never happens again.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:16 am

That’s awfully optimistic of you. People have ridiculously short memories on the whole. Sadly.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am

I know, but I choose to remain optimistic on this.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am

I still think that pissbaby singlehandedly woke people up about voting, and that we won't see people just sit back and not vote in the future. I'd like to think that even with all of this bullshit, people will put in the effort to vote and make sure another pissbaby never happens again.
He also activated chronic non-voters to the polls on his behalf, people like that drunk lady at the Michigan voter fraud hearing. There's no way that woman is politically engaged before Trump.

I also think that's ultimately the risk of the Trump GOP. Sure. Trump brought all the people with underdeveloped brains into politics, but he also pushed the center-right to the democrats. There are definitely dem candidates that would alienate those folks as well, but Bernie aint winning, and Hillary is gone. It's why I guaranty that Trump is the 2024 nominee, there's no substitute for his electoral ability with these people. But four more years of blood and soil **** is only going to make things worse.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 am

If the GOP has a Purdue-type of candidate on the ballot, MAGA world is going to stay home to a significant degree. These people haven't become energized to participate in civics. They're flies drawn to a pile of sh!t. So if it's a Boebert/Gaetz/MTG sh!t pile on the ballot instead, there's going to be high turnout.

So you find some mutant with a Trumpy gimmick to energize the swamp people, and combine that with voter suppression, and Georgia flips back to red pretty easily. Wisconsin and Arizona too.

Can the house pass a bill on November 1, and then the senate votes on it February 1? In '22, the GOP could steal the house back, but the dems should be able to get to 52+ in the senate and kill the filibuster to pass legacy legislation from the house - if that's a thing

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:57 am

If the GOP has a Purdue-type of candidate on the ballot, MAGA world is going to stay home to a significant degree. These people haven't become energized to participate in civics. They're flies drawn to a pile of sh!t. So if it's a Boebert/Gaetz/MTG sh!t pile on the ballot instead, there's going to be high turnout.

So you find some mutant with a Trumpy gimmick to energize the swamp people, and combine that with voter suppression, and Georgia flips back to red pretty easily. Wisconsin and Arizona too.

Can the house pass a bill on November 1, and then the senate votes on it February 1? In '22, the GOP could steal the house back, but the dems should be able to get to 52+ in the senate and kill the filibuster to pass legacy legislation from the house - if that's a thing
GA, yes, but I think AZ and WI stay where they are. I think Wasserman at Cook Political report has done the analysis to show where the GOP can gerrymander enough house seats, but that's all based on 2020 results, and there were a lot of split ticket Biden / GOP down ballot votes, and those are the kind of voters that are probably cancelling their GOP party membership after 1/6.

I just don't think Biden is going to do anything to trigger a big mid term response. Voter suppression doesn't work against high propensity voters, the Biden coalition is the obama get out the vote thing. It's just "aren't these people nuts? Vote democrat".

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:23 am

#Thisisnotwhoweare

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 am

#Thisisnotwhoweare

#yourepartoftheproblem

But you got us. We're nazis. The jig is up guys. Let's all march down to the child detention centers we all secretly enjoy.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:28 am

#Thisisnotwhoweare

Are they separating kids from their parents to send them there?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:33 am

Well, that's f*cking stupid. Shut that sh*t down. Doesn't matter if it's a D or an R in the whitehouse, that's just dumb. Shut it down.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 am

I'll take the "it looks bad on its face but we probably don't know enough about it" position

also I do appreciate AOC when she says stuff like this and and call out bullshit when she sees it rather than towing the party line (*cough cough* all Republicans from the last 4 years). She seems genuine which is fresh

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:46 am

You go like 3 tweets down on Ms Crane's feed and you get this:
It's not meant to impune the tweeter's credibility, just fun imagination fodder for how these people end up on Freddy's Twitter feed.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:50 am

:lol:

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:51 am

Let's all march down to the child detention centers we all secretly enjoy.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:57 am

Did Director Wray clap back on this at all? Because this constant drumbeat of "ANTIFA!!1!!!!" is getting tiresome.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:59 am

I mean...all he has to do is say it, because judging by the "it's just words, it's just a flag design, it's just a hand-symbol, it's just a t-shirt design, it's just the capitol building, it was just 5 people, it's just a stage design" defense, people will support anything.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:11 am

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:31 am

#Thisisnotwhoweare

there would always be a need to have a dedicated detention center for minors. better to give them tailored services rather than lump them into gen pop. if the following conditions are met, then we're generally in the OK area:

1) Are children being intentionally separated away from their parents for the purpose of generating fear for hypothetical future migrants?

2) Are the conditions humane - with nutritional/medical/social services provided?

If the answer to 1 is no, and 2 is yes, then this is simply what immigration has to look like. I assume the answer to 2, however, is "kinda" - which needs improved.

But I tell ya what. There's not much of a chance that the answer to #1 is a yes. And this means a hell of a lot. Trump admin decided that detaining families as criminals wasn't enough, and that they needed to intentionally...permanently separate families...BABIES even. So Freddy, might as well GTFO this thread if today's nonsense is what you're bringing. You're completely full of **** today. Probably because you, shyster and one or 2 folks who do drive by's are all that's left from the GOP defense squad and you don't like the asymmetry,

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:41 am

screw it...let's keep going. the family separations with the stated goal of inspiring terror was the most obscene component of the Trump era. It makes me sick to think about. So coming in here and framing equivalencies across administrations is either a low-effort troll attempt, or you really are a complete **** idiot.

yeah obama and his drone strikes, right? everything is the same as everything. except when you actually use your brain and figure out that there are different tiers of shittiness.

seriously an unbelievable amount of ignorance with that bullshit.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:41 am

#Thisisnotwhoweare

So Freddy, might as well GTFO this thread if today's nonsense is what you're bringing. You're completely full of **** today. Probably because you, shyster and one or 2 folks who do drive by's are all that's left from the GOP defense squad and you don't like the asymmetry,

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:00 pm

the nazis on the supreme court look to be headed in the direction of making it easier for the nazis in state legislatures to subvert voting rights. depressing as hell.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:00 pm

Seems like the neutral, very sincere observers from the sidelines would be wondering about accountability for the planned baby separations. Instead we get a low effort BAU post. It's almost as if the neutrality and sincerity are a little dubious here.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:08 pm

So...is the answer to #1 actually different than it was under Trump...? Or is it just an assumption...?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:26 pm

So...is the answer to #1 actually different than it was under Trump...? Or is it just an assumption...?
Before Trump, #1 wasnt a thing. His appointees developed the strategy. My understanding is that it was already walked back while Trump was still in office.