Politics And Current Events

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Such an insane crisis that we’re not ready to confront. But I’m sure Manchin will find an answer over a midnight moonshine session with Collins and Murkowski. Which was a real thing. He should definitely try to work with republicans on ways to prevent their existence. It’s truly a bipartisan cause.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:48 pm

Democrats don’t need any comment made at that carnival to know that voter suppression is the GOP’s path moving forward, and has been for years. Whether they do something about it is the million dollar question.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Democrats don’t need any comment made at that carnival to know that voter suppression is the GOP’s path moving forward, and has been for years. Whether they do something about it is the million dollar question.
See Georgia today, not off to a good start

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Why am I not surprised by that?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:51 pm

Just wondering if this is Shyster slowly realizing he voted for a white supremacist fascist in November, not wanting to quite admit it to himself. Like a single issue gun voter assuming all the clowns in Washington are the same - only now realizing that you have to sign up for a bunch of other stuff too when you get in bed with that group.
What I have realized is that you and some other posters here have so absorbed and internalized your partisan hatreds that you are willing to believe anything, and assert anything—no matter a complete lack of proof, and no matter how specious—so long as it makes your political opponents look bad. I think that's sad.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Terribly sad what has happened to the liberals who observe what happened to the most influential political party on the planet.

Nevertheless, on we go. So here’s a guy who has 700 or so days before he can switches parties. Might as well do it now, tbh. There’s no point to following the senate soap opera until the PA and Wisconsin seats flip in’22. Manchin and Sinema truly deserve the worst.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:27 pm

Just wondering if this is Shyster slowly realizing he voted for a white supremacist fascist in November, not wanting to quite admit it to himself. Like a single issue gun voter assuming all the clowns in Washington are the same - only now realizing that you have to sign up for a bunch of other stuff too when you get in bed with that group.
What I have realized is that you and some other posters here have so absorbed and internalized your partisan hatreds that you are willing to believe anything, and assert anything—no matter a complete lack of proof, and no matter how specious—so long as it makes your political opponents look bad. I think that's sad.
No one has to try very hard for those people to look bad, to be fair

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Trump was vaccinated in January, huh.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:44 pm

I don’t know what people think my political persona on here is but I don’t consider myself aligned with a political party, so I don’t think I’m playing any partisan games. That said, I don’t think it was an accident. And, even if it was, it’s a bad look that they didn’t even realize what it was. Supporters of the republicans party fly flags with the rune, it was explicitly called out as a symbol used by white supremecists in that article about the military and the party has had to deal with 4 years of being compared to nazis

I think you’re being unnecessarily obtuse. Maybe it was an accident but it doesn’t exactly quiet the “republicans are literal nazis” hyperbole

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:11 pm

No one has to try very hard for those people to look bad, to be fair
11 year old froze to death, people can’t get pipes fixed because insurance won’t cover it, people generally in great need in Texas.

“Orlando is nice but not as nice as Cancun, hayuk”

It’s like they’re purposely ignorant to the people they claim to represent.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:36 pm

If you think the CPAC stage was purposefully set up to ape a WWII Fascist symbol you are as gullibly ignorant as any Qanon person.

Same with people who are still trying to convince themselves the okay symbol is some super secret white supremecist hand signal.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 pm

lol k

a weird global organization of jews who sex traffic in the basement of a pizza place (or whatever QAnon is) vs one ill-meaning stage designer who snuck their way through a few approval processes
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Well if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt is these guys at the cpac convention

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 pm

If you think the CPAC stage was purposefully set up to ape a WWII Fascist symbol you are as gullibly ignorant as any Qanon person.

Same with people who are still trying to convince themselves the okay symbol is some super secret white supremecist hand signal.
I only know this story from here over the last few days but it sounds like some smart ass stage designer knows (and probably sympathizes with) NAZI history and thought it would be funny to create this year's "OK symbol is for white-supremacy" gag to own the libs.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:26 pm

It’s really weird that the “anyone who thinks the CPAC stage was a nazi symbol is dumb” crowd is also the same crowd that said Trump’s words won’t do anything. There’s a certain amount of blindness to the even slight possibility of certain things happening.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Because I know there are fans of law, Japan & history on 5AF, here is the most recent academic scandal involving the intersection of all 3:

https://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/har ... rticipants

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:27 am

yoi

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:14 am

Because I know there are fans of law, Japan & history on 5AF, here is the most recent academic scandal involving the intersection of all 3:

https://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/har ... rticipants
Defending Japanese war crimes... What a bizarre hill to die on 80 years later.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:12 am

Good. Too bad the fat piece of monkey **** didn't use that as an opportunity to get his klan following to follow suit and get jabbed.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:08 am

Here's where I stand on that... there are actually neo-nazi, white nationalists, "Jews and colored people are the problem" people within the ranks of the GOP. That's an actual thing. They voted for Trump at a 99.99% clip. Did they purposefully design a stage to look like a nazi symbol? I don't freaking know. As I've said, I don't think they did, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. This thread seems to be proof that where you fall just depends on who's team you're on.

Qanon's non-sense has been debunked over, and over, and over again. Jan 6th was a date that a good portion of them may have finally realized it was all a ruse. None of it was real. If there are still followers, they're the hardcore nut jobs that can't see the evidence that's very clearly in front of them. Hopefully after Thursday, even more leave the ranks.

As to the okay symbol... clearly in and of itself, it's not a white supremecist hand signal, as you and your brethren here have posted over, and over, and over images of others doing the okay symbol. However, when it was then adopted by those white supremecists as a *wink, wink* joke, it became one. Intent is everything.

Essentially equating the two is disingenuous at best.

But none of this matters, and it's all stupid.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:13 am

Good. Too bad the fat piece of monkey **** didn't use that as an opportunity to get his klan following to follow suit and get jabbed.
More like too bad there wasn’t an air bubble or two in the syringe.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 am

Yikes

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:29 am

i think the guy who shot all those muslims was using the OK sign in court just to let everyone know he thought the proceedings were going accordingly.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:34 am

Oh, I wonder how this will go?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:58 am

"They're just trying to make the elections fair"
"The Democrats have done this, too"
etc.