Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:47 am

On c2i’s “scale of wtf?” This one officially clocks in at a meh.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:08 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... n.amp.html

Looks like the inhalation of bear spray is the cause of death. So, definitely killed by the protesters

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:25 am

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:30 am

Have you seen what the Dems want to do to your bookshelves though.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:55 am

I thought this was already a thing. It seems like most shelving, dressers, etc. I've gotten over the years have some sore of "tethering" system, weak as it may be.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:13 am

I thought this was already a thing. It seems like most shelving, dressers, etc. I've gotten over the years have some sore of "tethering" system, weak as it may be.
Yeah I think it’s more about preventing unsafe shotty merchandise from being sold than changing the whole industry. Legit manufacturers already do this.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am

Lol

Biden submitting to china

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:34 am

whadya know, a **** nazi standing on a designer odal rune stage

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah I think it’s more about preventing unsafe shotty merchandise from being sold than changing the whole industry. Legit manufacturers already do this.
Ive not read anything on the matter, but it seems similar to the regulations that were in the oil industry. The big guys had already spent fortunes to not only get within regulations but planned ahead to future regulation. They weren’t thrilled about the deregulation because they already did the work they were supposed to do (or at least that’s what I remember from the NPR report I heard months and months ago).

The only thing that I’d hope this doesn’t impact is small woodworking shops. If it’s as easy as just making sure the furniture can anchor, no biggie. If it’s super costly, perhaps they should consider an artisan’s exemption of some sort. Either way, my response to the measure is still the same: meh...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:28 am

If there isn’t a vendor that sells little tethering kits for like 5 cents a pop to furniture manufacturers, I’d be shocked.

...but I guess there’s this issue where boutiques are being driven out of business because they can’t cover all their bases. Its the same with my industry (software). You can’t just have 2 guys spin up a web application. You need a big operation to hit all the marks for UX, security, device compatibility, etc. The world is definitely changing. More consumer friendly but very very icky treatment of smaller players.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:38 am

Pundit Twitter always thinks there’s a gotcha to be had when these people say laughable things. They do in fact realize these statements aren’t rooted in reality. And the cheers from the crowd have a “this’ll make the libs sweat” component to them.

The Don JR wing, I admit, has a talent for this. Intentionally ramping up the irony/hypocrisy and then getting the retweets from Aaron Rupar with a “irony is dead” meaningless quip. Even Jr gets it. The point is to say the least accurate, most self-condemning thing and then receive a standing ovation from the people you cater to and grumpy tweets from the people you want to make grumpy.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:50 pm

The intersection of house republicans who voted for impeachment and against stimulus is a hell of a knot. If you’re going to get primaried, censured, whatever...then maybe you should vote for a wildly popular bill that both party’s voters support. Galaxy brain stuff from Kenzinger et al.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:51 pm

They used the same speech that I give my 2 year old on why she needs to wear pants to daycare. :lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Not criticizing anyone here for posting that stuff, but why are media sources giving what is in effect an insurrectionalist comic con any oxygen? Clicks and likes? Klout lol?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Not criticizing anyone here for posting that stuff, but why are media sources giving what is in effect an insurrectionalist comic con any oxygen? Clicks and likes? Klout lol?
People should know about it.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:52 pm

Golden Trump statue turning heads at CPAC was made in Mexico

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... exico-cpac

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:55 pm

The host venue should kick them out and......... wait for it.............. cancel CPAC if the participants don't want to follow their rules.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:35 pm

whadya know, a **** nazi standing on a designer odal rune stage

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz) skipped key votes in the House of Representatives, citing the “ongoing public health emergency,” to instead attend a conference hosted by white supremacists in Orlando, Florida on Friday.

Gosar, whose six siblings memorably endorsed his congressional opponent in a 2018 ad, has a long flirtation with far-right extremism. He appeared Friday at a white supremacist gathering in Orlando, America First Political Action Conference (AFPAC) organized by Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist figurehead and instigator of the Jan. 6 insurrection.
If you want people to stop calling you racist, maybe try and not be around known with nationalists?

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:40 pm

It's like some of the other social movements, they want to normalize it so that it gathers steam, and further divides the country into an eventual revolution and secession...it's a neat long con...

...or, it's just an easy-quote flea market after their main source of easy quotes was ousted from his perch and currently there isn't much to celebrate with the new folks in charge (yet?)...

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:00 pm

The host venue should kick them out and......... wait for it.............. cancel CPAC if the participants don't want to follow their rules.
This is like Sheetz. Lots of signage but they still happily transact with the non-mask wearing mouthbreathers.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:03 pm

The hotel being caught off guard by the mask aversion is a pretty amazing thing.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:59 pm

I assume the shape of the stage is just another prank to get the libtards riled up.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:29 pm

I assume the shape of the stage is just another prank to get the libtards riled up.
It’s just a prank bro!

@NAN we know, we know.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 pm

yeah, like wearing a grim reaper costume to a wake

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:44 pm

Trump is making a ton of money as a non-political entity. Even more of an hourly rate than when he was stealing our tax money for his onesie twosie stuff for 4 years.

I think he also may know that he’s unelectable in a national election.

He’s tearing down the GOP without any interest in rebuilding, and everything that’s going on at CPAC is most likely a great thing for democracy, ironically enough. It’s furthering the downward spiral, so when the Trump fever dream breaks, you’ll have a party with about 40% national support and that’s a beautiful thing.

So I don’t feel very owned this weekend, tbh.