Politics And Current Events

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:40 pm

As an aside, I actually had a potato blow up in the oven the other day. That's a first for me. :lol:
Ya gotta fork that po ta toe

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:45 pm

Bye.
:thumb:
Yeah, please. If this out of style toy pushed you over the edge towards secession, you should have left a while ago...don't let the covid hit you on the way out...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:51 pm

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... l/127/text

This has very little chance (I hope) of being passed, but yikes. This is gun control on steroids.
Absolutely sure-fire way to lose 2022 in ludicrous speed fashion. Most of this would probably get thrown out due to making it a rich person's game, but absolutely this is clear ammunition needed to rile up the right to get them to turn-out.
This is what I was saying a couple weeks ago. The Democrats can't gain traction in otherwise winnable states and shed their 'coastal elite' tag by pursuing this kind of agenda. In terms of explosive power, this is hydrogen bomb level of stupidity.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Man imagine being this dumb and this big of an dadhole

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:06 pm

I can't. Also, now she wants to trust the science? :lol:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Is this what government is now? Who can attempt to dunk on someone else harder for social media?

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore dot jpeg

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Is this what government is now? Who can attempt to dunk on someone else harder for social media?

I thought the same thing

This **** is lame and depressing

Feels like politics is just one WWE Raw episode

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:16 pm

...put whatever thing fits in the hole...

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:24 pm

Can you imagine what it's like to have half your coworkers root for you to fail?

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Morkle can, probably.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:32 pm

I don’t think meow has to do much imagining...

edit: dammit, beat to the punch

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Former U.S. Gymnastics Coach Charged With Human Trafficking
The former U.S. Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert, who owned a gym where athletes said they were sexually assaulted by the former team doctor Lawrence Nassar, was charged with human trafficking, criminal sexual conduct and other crimes, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Mr. Geddert was the head coach of the 2012 Olympic gymnastics team and formerly owned and coached at Twistars, a gymnastics club located in Dimondale, a suburb of Lansing, Mich.

Dana Nessel, Michigan’s attorney general, announced the charges on Thursday at an afternoon news conference. Mr. Geddert faces 20 counts of human trafficking — including 14 counts of forced labor resulting in injury and six counts of trafficking a minor — as well as charges of racketeering, first-degree criminal sexual conduct, second-degree criminal sexual assault and lying to a police officer.
We just recently watched a documentary on Netflix called Athlete A that chronicles the Nassar story. I hope everyone involved in perpetrating and covering up these horrors dies in a gigantic tire fire.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:53 pm

That whole thing always seemed creepy to me and none of it surprises me. Remember the Southpark episode where the toddler beauty pageant judges keep, uhhh, ruining their pants during the show? That's gymnastics, too.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:00 pm

I don't know man. I cannot...absolutely cannot...understand how **** like this happens

these people truly have no souls

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:03 pm

But look at what they were wearing...are you suggesting they shoulder none of the blame here...?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:11 pm

this is actually a good opportunity for #unity

tie these people up, hang them upside down on a stake and have AOC and MTG light the wood together symoblically

the nation will rejoice and sing carols

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:19 pm

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... l/127/text

This has very little chance (I hope) of being passed, but yikes. This is gun control on steroids.
Absolutely sure-fire way to lose 2022 in ludicrous speed fashion. Most of this would probably get thrown out due to making it a rich person's game, but absolutely this is clear ammunition needed to rile up the right to get them to turn-out.
This is what I was saying a couple weeks ago. The Democrats can't gain traction in otherwise winnable states and shed their 'coastal elite' tag by pursuing this kind of agenda. In terms of explosive power, this is hydrogen bomb level of stupidity.
i understand your point. but there was a time not long ago that we had 2 political parties, and it wasn't supposed to be the exclusive job of one of them to compromise and make sure the other one didn't destroy the federal government.

at some point, dems have to dem. which means trying to do a lot of things - including gun policy reform. you think they should just sit on any progressive issue until Trump dies because doin' stuff is just too risky?

this is a ham fisted attempt at policy, but it's certainly on the right track regarding disincentivizing gun fetishes. especially if you acknowledge that the 2nd amendment is a colossal joke.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:22 pm

I don’t think meow has to do much imagining...

edit: dammit, beat to the punch
Listen here, you waistband wiener tucker. My coworkers love me. And the ones that don’t can go to hell.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Have yourself a bullet

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:52 pm

Coward.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:57 pm

The GOP will continue to call for "unity" despite this.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Former U.S. Gymnastics Coach Charged With Human Trafficking
The former U.S. Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert, who owned a gym where athletes said they were sexually assaulted by the former team doctor Lawrence Nassar, was charged with human trafficking, criminal sexual conduct and other crimes, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Mr. Geddert was the head coach of the 2012 Olympic gymnastics team and formerly owned and coached at Twistars, a gymnastics club located in Dimondale, a suburb of Lansing, Mich.

Dana Nessel, Michigan’s attorney general, announced the charges on Thursday at an afternoon news conference. Mr. Geddert faces 20 counts of human trafficking — including 14 counts of forced labor resulting in injury and six counts of trafficking a minor — as well as charges of racketeering, first-degree criminal sexual conduct, second-degree criminal sexual assault and lying to a police officer.
We just recently watched a documentary on Netflix called Athlete A that chronicles the Nassar story. I hope everyone involved in perpetrating and covering up these horrors dies in a gigantic tire fire.
Nassar’s police interview/interrogation is sickening. He really feels like if he uses medical terminology that people will say, “you’re the doctor, if you say so.” And let him walk. It was honestly chilling.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:09 pm

The GOP will continue to call for "unity" despite this.
Yeah but we have no way of knowing that these are Republicans/Trump Supporters. Could be literally anyone.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Re: Potato Head

The article I read said that Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato head will continue to be sold at such. It's the entire brand that is merely being changed from "Mr. Potato Head" to simply "Potato Head." Which actually strikes me as being more accurate, considering they have multiple members of the Potato Head family. Maybe they want to add more? Make the hair gray and call it Grandpa and Grandma Potato Head. Add in some "lil' spud" Baby Potato Heads. Etc.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Re: Potato Head

The article I read said that Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato head will continue to be sold at such. It's the entire brand that is merely being changed from "Mr. Potato Head" to simply "Potato Head." Which actually strikes me as being more accurate, considering they have multiple members of the Potato Head family. Maybe they want to add more? Make the hair gray and call it Grandpa and Grandma Potato Head. Add in some "lil' spud" Baby Potato Heads. Etc.
They should bring these guys back: