Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:43 am

Freddy decided to post a few things about how other protests have tiny numbers. When asked if that meant January 6 was an anomaly, he basically said it was. There’s bound to be pushback on that comment.

When the right leaners on the board get “ganged up on,” it usually starts with one thing and then just snowballs, and I agree it can get tedious. There are also times when it happens the other way, just less frequent because there are less from the right.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:45 am

This is ridiculous. Because of the events on January 6, we are no longer allowed to discuss anything except the following?

-Republicans/Trump bad
-Insurrection bad

May I ask how long this gag order on open discussion is set to last?

Hey, remember when Democratic "protesters" stormed the Wisconsin capital a decade ago?
Shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday, hundreds of protesters gathered outside the locked King Street entrance to the Capitol, chanting "Break down the door!" and "General strike!"

Moments later, police ceded control of the State Street doors and allowed the crowd to surge inside, joining thousands who had already gathered in the Capitol to protest the votes. The area outside the Assembly, which is scheduled to take the bill up at 11 a.m. today, was crowded with protesters who chanted, "We're not leaving. Not this time."
I'm sure I'll immediately be told to "stop making dumb comparisons", but I'm sure you and others were cheering on the teachers unions as they broke into the capitol building in Madison.

Just like earlier this summer when we were constantly preached to that the majority of BLM/Antifa protesters were peaceful. Just like the 99+% of protesters that didn't enter the Capitol building a couple of weeks ago.

This thread has become insufferable. It's a CJ of the same opinions being repeated over and over with anything that breaks the pattern immediately pounced on as distracting from the super serious matters at hand.

No one in here supported the Capitol rioters. We are all in agreement that it was bad. But it's silly to me that it's been deemed that we are not allowed to discuss anything else that isn't about how evil Republicans are.
:fist:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:49 am

Is Shad complaining because no one is responding to his posts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59313.html

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:50 am

I don't really have a dog in this fight but as one of the more left-leaning posters, I don't want an echo chamber. I have plenty of echo chambers in my life. If everybody is saying the same thing, there isn't much of a discussion. So stick around, righties. I know one right-leaning poster who went back to the old board and now posts links from this thread there. Don't do that. That's silliness.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:53 am

I don't really have a dog in this fight but as one of the more left-leaning posters, I don't want an echo chamber. I have plenty of echo chambers in my life. If everybody is saying the same thing, there isn't much of a discussion. So stick around, righties. I know one right-leaning poster who went back to the old board and now posts links from this thread there. Don't do that. That's silliness.
I echo your sentiments. Tee hee.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:59 am

Have there really even been prominent Republicans speaking out about this CCP stuff? I remember when the Russia investigation happened people were screaming for Nunes to come off the intelligence council due to his Russian ties.

Has that been happening for Swalwell? I tend to believe any person caught or is believed to be compromised should be removed from intelligence happenings.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:03 am

I didn’t believe you and had to see it for myself.

Pathetic

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:07 am

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:14 am

If the Chinese have infiltrated the California Democratic party that is indeed an issue and worthy of discussion.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:19 am

I know one right-leaning poster who went back to the old board and now posts links from this thread there.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:30 am

The Swallwell thing happened in 2015. Barbara Boxer has been out of office since 2017, clearly sucks, and registered as a foreign agent. I guess I would hope her decision to lobby for a Chinese telecom would get her ostracized from the party, but, who knows. The Chinese intelligence operation has centered around the SF area, so it's not surprising that our most dementia addled senator from that area has been ensnared.

I hope the takeaway is that any marginally pro-China statement or move from a Democrat is treated appropriately. But, in terms of what is described to have happened, it seems like pretty routine foreign intel ops, like just general BAU for our CIA counterparts across the globe. If I were to ~speculate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Swalwell thing was leaked to the press by some Trump lackeys trying to generate whattaboutisms for all the Russia stuff.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 am

I know one right-leaning poster who went back to the old board and now posts links from this thread there.
😂

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:38 am

MBS II, the commercial collapse

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:40 am

I'd hate to be in commercial real estate.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:41 am

Good stuff.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 am

Or worse, if hate to be heavily invested in commercial mortgage backed securities

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 am

Or worse, if hate to be heavily invested in commercial mortgage backed securities
:thumb:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:29 am

If I were to ~speculate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Swalwell thing was leaked to the press by some Trump lackeys trying to generate whattaboutisms for all the Russia stuff.
It definitely was done for that purpose.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:56 am

Speaking of Russia, they arrested Alex Navalny right off the plane from Germany, where he’d been recovering from being poisoned by the Russian government back in August.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:00 am

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:16 am

Freddy decided to post a few things about how other protests have tiny numbers. When asked if that meant January 6 was an anomaly, he basically said it was. There’s bound to be pushback on that comment.

When the right leaners on the board get “ganged up on,” it usually starts with one thing and then just snowballs, and I agree it can get tedious. There are also times when it happens the other way, just less frequent because there are less from the right.
I dont think the pushback on that comment was the issue. Some believe there will be more and people like me and Freddie think that was a one time thing. Thats fine. He is just posting stuff to support "our side".

I think what me and shaf was pointing to was more of crushers comment. And that seems to be typical. During the summer if anything outside of the blm movement was brought up we were racist and insensitive because we dared talk about something else. Same with this.

I'll just keep posting my point of view though.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 am

I said it before and ill say it again. After our initial talks this summer where you immediately called me racist and I ragged on you about insurance I enjoy talking to you about opposite views the most.

We are opposite in views and beliefs but i feel we talk and listen to each other. We keep it simple and don't get into those deep thoughts and use big words to show how woke or mush brained or whatever we are and just say it like it is. And then we leave it at that.

Morkle is also another one I enjoy. He goes off the lefty deep end with worry imo, but I feel like we've always been cordial and willing to at least listen.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:31 am

Some crazy woman from PA

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:35 am

I dont think the pushback on that comment was the issue. Some believe there will be more and people like me and Freddie think that was a one time thing. Thats fine. He is just posting stuff to support "our side".

I think what me and shaf was pointing to was more of crushers comment. And that seems to be typical. During the summer if anything outside of the blm movement was brought up we were racist and insensitive because we dared talk about something else. Same with this.

I'll just keep posting my point of view though.
Thats funny, there were like pages upon pages of folks posting Andy ngo and Ian miles cheong tweets about Chaz and Portland and whatever . It wasn’t like, one person stepping out of line got you “attacked” by people supporting the police protests.

The victim complex on here is getting sad.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 am

I said it before and ill say it again. After our initial talks this summer where you immediately called me racist and I ragged on you about insurance I enjoy talking to you about opposite views the most.

We are opposite in views and beliefs but i feel we talk and listen to each other. We keep it simple and don't get into those deep thoughts and use big words to show how woke or mush brained or whatever we are and just say it like it is. And then we leave it at that.

Morkle is also another one I enjoy. He goes off the lefty deep end with worry imo, but I feel like we've always been cordial and willing to at least listen.
:fist: Wasn't one of my finer moments, for sure. I've made a conscious effort since then to be more understanding and open on here. Actually, in real life as well. That ended up being a nice learning experience.