Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:16 pm

The cnn pardon story said there hasn’t been any talk of him pardoning himself or his family. That the January 6 stuff may have impacted that, as it would be a sign he did something wrong.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 pm

The cnn pardon story said there hasn’t been any talk of him pardoning himself or his family. That the January 6 stuff may have impacted that, as it would be a sign he did something wrong.
His loyalists already absolve him. I don’t believe this but about admitting crime.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:23 pm

More no shows.
Officials were worried about possible violence at the Kansas Statehouse on Sunday. No one showed up.
https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/sta ... 176700001/

With an overwhelming show of force by law enforcement and National Guard troops, California’s state Capitol remained peaceful Sunday despite warnings of armed violence and demonstrations in advance of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday.

By afternoon, only a few demonstrators had appeared, all of them repeating appearances they made Saturday.

One was an Eagle Scout holding a U.S. flag, two others were Biden supporters waving signs for the president-elect and alternately being cheered or jeered by passing motorists. Earlier in the day, a man with a loudspeaker preached about the Bible.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article248571060.html
Last edited by Freddy Rumsen on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 pm

Good

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:27 pm

His loyalists already absolve him. I don’t believe this but about admitting crime.
No, I don’t really either. I think it’s 50/50 at best he pardons himself.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:28 pm

I am really interested in if Trump pardons himself here.

If he does, does that impact his impeachment? Gues it wouldn’t matter since no criminal charge.
I've heard that if he pardons himself there will be some sort of case right away to test that pardon.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:30 pm

more cowards.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:16 am

I am really interested in if Trump pardons himself here.

If he does, does that impact his impeachment? Gues it wouldn’t matter since no criminal charge.
The impeachment power expressly excludes matters of impeachment.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:06 am

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:45 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:59 am

We have a trolley

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:01 am

What is going on with California Democrats and ties to the CCP?

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article ... 865511.php
"Axios reported that the committee rejected Boxer's donation since the Chinese firm — named Hikvision — has been "accused of abetting the country’s mass internment of Uighur Muslims." According to Justice Department documents published Friday, Boxer provides “strategic consulting services" to Hikvision's subsidiary in the United States.

Boxer is the latest California Democrat with reported ties to agents of the Chinese government. In December, Axios published another story revealing that Rep. Eric Swalwell had close ties to a suspected Chinese spy who was sent to gain influence with young, up-and-coming American politicians.

In 2018, it was revealed that Sen. Dianne Feinstein had a suspected Chinese spy on her staff for about 20 years without her knowledge.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:35 am

I've worked with Hikvision ptz cameras and other ones from China. They're kinda scary in respect to cyber security because some you only need the serial number and the password to log in. No need for the IP and other info generally needed to remote in.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:51 am

Above is a picture of part of the insurrection at the Capitol in Washington DC on Jan 6th. Rest assured that every last insurrectionist in America was present that day save for a scant few who couldn't make it (two of them would show up at the Louisiana state capitol at Baton Rouge and another at New Jersey's capitol in Trenton). It is also important to understand that those pictured in that tiny DC crowd share their ideological proclivities only with those they are surrounded by in that photo, thus we can be certain that nearly every maniacal white nationalist, Christian white nationalist, antisemite and paranoid individual with a profound psycho-sexual pathology in the United States of America was present there in Washington DC on that day, the sixth of January, 2021. Therefore it is time to forget about that and re-focus our attention on America's most pressing problem:
The Keystone XL pipeline and three sleazy California pols.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:59 am

I forgot we are only capable of focusing on one issue at a time.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 am

This is ridiculous. Because of the events on January 6, we are no longer allowed to discuss anything except the following?

-Republicans/Trump bad
-Insurrection bad

May I ask how long this gag order on open discussion is set to last?

Hey, remember when Democratic "protesters" stormed the Wisconsin capital a decade ago?
Shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday, hundreds of protesters gathered outside the locked King Street entrance to the Capitol, chanting "Break down the door!" and "General strike!"

Moments later, police ceded control of the State Street doors and allowed the crowd to surge inside, joining thousands who had already gathered in the Capitol to protest the votes. The area outside the Assembly, which is scheduled to take the bill up at 11 a.m. today, was crowded with protesters who chanted, "We're not leaving. Not this time."
I'm sure I'll immediately be told to "stop making dumb comparisons", but I'm sure you and others were cheering on the teachers unions as they broke into the capitol building in Madison.

Just like earlier this summer when we were constantly preached to that the majority of BLM/Antifa protesters were peaceful. Just like the 99+% of protesters that didn't enter the Capitol building a couple of weeks ago.

This thread has become insufferable. It's a CJ of the same opinions being repeated over and over with anything that breaks the pattern immediately pounced on as distracting from the super serious matters at hand.

No one in here supported the Capitol rioters. We are all in agreement that it was bad. But it's silly to me that it's been deemed that we are not allowed to discuss anything else that isn't about how evil Republicans are.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:07 am

I forgot we are only capable of focusing on one issue at a time.
It's absurd. It's become an echo chamber in here. Talking about something else does not mean that we are trying to bury the events of January 6.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 am

I think the CCP stuff is worthy of investigations and assume it’s treated today like the Russian/NRA agent Maria was based on the DoJ practices.

If nothing comes of it, I assume it was investigated, and nothing nefarious happened?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:20 am

Like I've said about 1000x so far.... people such as myself tend to overestimate the MAGA craziness, people like Freddy tend to underestimate the MAGA craziness. I think we both agree that it exists as that's just a fact, but size, scope, capacity, we certainly differ on those. So in this case you have Freddy saying "2 people.... that's all it is. 2 people." of course he's going to be reminded that Jan 6th happened.

This is not some sort of overarching, covering all topics. This one is pretty focused.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:20 am

This is ridiculous. Because of the events on January 6, we are no longer allowed to discuss anything except the following?

-Republicans/Trump bad
-Insurrection bad

May I ask how long this gag order on open discussion is set to last?

Hey, remember when Democratic "protesters" stormed the Wisconsin capital a decade ago?
Shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday, hundreds of protesters gathered outside the locked King Street entrance to the Capitol, chanting "Break down the door!" and "General strike!"

Moments later, police ceded control of the State Street doors and allowed the crowd to surge inside, joining thousands who had already gathered in the Capitol to protest the votes. The area outside the Assembly, which is scheduled to take the bill up at 11 a.m. today, was crowded with protesters who chanted, "We're not leaving. Not this time."
I'm sure I'll immediately be told to "stop making dumb comparisons", but I'm sure you and others were cheering on the teachers unions as they broke into the capitol building in Madison.

Just like earlier this summer when we were constantly preached to that the majority of BLM/Antifa protesters were peaceful. Just like the 99+% of protesters that didn't enter the Capitol building a couple of weeks ago.

This thread has become insufferable. It's a CJ of the same opinions being repeated over and over with anything that breaks the pattern immediately pounced on as distracting from the super serious matters at hand.

No one in here supported the Capitol rioters. We are all in agreement that it was bad. But it's silly to me that it's been deemed that we are not allowed to discuss anything else that isn't about how evil Republicans are.
I absolutely agree we should be able to talk a lot more than just the Capitol riots on here

I also absolutely think this is a terrible post

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 am

Source of the post May I ask how long this gag order on open discussion is set to last?

Shad is being censored on a board that he moderates only because he's a conservative.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:28 am

lol

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:30 am

Honestly, if that's what people want this thread to be, that's fine. Most of the people that lean right or go against the grain have either been ridiculed/ganged up on by half the other frequent posters in here or have already been chased out of this thread.

Which is a shame, because I really feel like there used to be good policy discussions in here. But if the response to every post that isn't about Trump/Rs doing something bad is going to be "but the Insurrectionists/white supremacists!", it's probably a waste of time.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:31 am

I’m sorry I thought this was America.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:36 am

Honestly, if that's what people want this thread to be, that's fine. Most of the people that lean right or go against the grain have either been ridiculed/ganged up on by half the other frequent posters in here or have already been chased out of this thread.

Which is a shame, because I really feel like there used to be good policy discussions in here. But if the response to every post that isn't about Trump/Rs doing something bad is going to be "but the Insurrectionists/white supremacists!", it's probably a waste of time.
I mean, you gave people an hour from the time of your CCP post to your echo chamber comment. I would have agreed with you, but now - I hope you all treat this CCP stuff with the vigor you did with the Russia investigation with Maria, and the Russian group as a whole.

Until then. NOTHINGBURGER LOL!