Politics And Current Events

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:03 pm

I mean that video doesn't show what that dude Justin Miller is saying at all...sooooo.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:04 pm

Perhaps it would help if the Republicans made any sort of attempt to assist in the matter.

Yup. I can't really take complaints about what Biden and Kamala said at face value when Republicans actively cheer Donald Trump the day after his supporters stormed the Capitol.

The Dems have played nice for too long. I think it's time they grow a pair and point out the obvious issues with and within the Republican Party.
Yes, they've been very quiet on that point.

They've not spent any time doing it.

None at all.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:05 pm

That is sooooo 15 pages ago. And there’s even an Animaniacs takeoff.
must've been in the 10 pages I skipped after I came back from lunch. :lol:
I still thought it was funny the second time you posted it. :fist:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Another election case was thrown out today; this time the judge is demanding one of Trump's attorneys to state why they shouldn't be sanctioned:
Jan 7, 2021

MINUTE ORDER: As Plaintiffs' 16 Notice of Voluntary Dismissal has now terminated the litigation, the Court ORDERS that by January 22, 2021, Plaintiffs' counsel shall show cause why the Court should not refer him to the Committee on Grievances for all of the reasons discussed in its recent 10 Memorandum Opinion. So ORDERED by Judge James E. Boasberg on 1/7/2021. (lcjeb1)

Jan 7, 2021

MINUTE ORDER: Per Plaintiffs' 16 Notice, the Court ORDERS that the case is DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. So ORDERED by Judge James E. Boasberg on 1/7/2021. (lcjeb1)
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/19 ... er_by=desc
How common is this? I’d honestly rather see them simply refer them without even asking the question at this point.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:07 pm

It's a whole process so you have to allow for due process and get their side of the story on record.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Social media has some value after all.
This is probably the first of many. Actions have consequences.

I don’t get what the **** these people expected to happen. Be congratulated for being a seditious piece of ****? Go back to work next week and have no one care?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:08 pm

I mean that video doesn't show what that dude Justin Miller is saying at all...sooooo.
Marcus DiPaolo is the one who said it and shot the video, being as he was actually there and is not an American journalist I'd put more stock into his understanding of the situation.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:09 pm

So I guess that talking point was wrong.

It typically is.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:11 pm

I mean the video literally shows them opening the barrier and casually walking with the rioters. There is no urgency to fall back or go anywhere...there is no panic...they just ho hum walk with them. That's what I see. Am I blind?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Paul Davis isn’t going to be too bored in unemployment. His criminal trial will probably commence in the spring.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:13 pm

I mean the video literally shows them opening the barrier and casually walking with the rioters. There is no urgency to fall back or go anywhere...there is no panic...they just ho hum walk with them. That's what I see. Am I blind?
We only see like 10 seconds. We don't know what happened before that lead up to that or after. The actual journalist that shot and posted that, and was there has the complete story. I'd probably lean more with them.

But each of us will see what we want to see.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Ignore the words. Just watch the video. It's right there

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Most cops were probably good yesterday and did their best to stop it, and were extremely outnumbered, for the record.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:17 pm

It's just the semantics thing again. They had no chance at stopping them, they should have ran for their own safety. Not that it really means anything at the end of the day if they opened the gate or not, these people were going through it either way. But why argue that isn't the case when the video clearly shows it happening?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:17 pm

They didn’t literally welcome them into the building. So this whole exchange is about word choice and not the sentiment behind the tweet. Do we need to pull up the video of the cops doing selfies and delicately helping insurrectionists down the stairs after they were done with their gambit?

The amount of individuals deployed by the Feds was obviously less Of a priority than at a BLM protest (which I think we all agree on) and the insurrectionists didn’t seem to be recipients of random unprovoked violence like we saw this summer (which will be handwaved away in an upcoming post by the insincere). This is what everyone is mad at. But because Harris’ phrasing wasnt appeasing the pedantic anti-anti Trumpers , we need to argue.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:17 pm

We only see like 10 seconds. We don't know what happened before that lead up to that or after. The actual journalist that shot and posted that, and was there has the complete story. I'd probably lean more with them.

I get that but if they were under any sort of duress would they not fall back with some kind of urgency or retreat? They literally walk calmly with the rioters. They calmly moved the gate and then walked with them.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Most cops were probably good yesterday and did their best to stop it, and were extremely outnumbered, for the record.
I agree with this.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:20 pm

It's just the semantics thing again. They had no chance at stopping them, they should have ran for their own safety. Not that it really means anything at the end of the day if they opened the gate or not, these people were going through it either way. But why argue that isn't the case when the video clearly shows it happening?
It's more that some individuals are using that as proof that the cops were "in on it" and let the protestors in. Not the reasons you state.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:23 pm

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:27 pm

I get that but if they were under any sort of duress would they not fall back with some kind of urgency or retreat? They literally walk calmly with the rioters. They calmly moved the gate and then walked with them.
It's more that that clip is going around and being used as "proof" that the cops were in on this and sided with the mob. There is no context of what else was going on around them prior and after that.

I do agree, there were probably some cops that didn't do their job and they need fired. But it looked like they used a lot of the same tactics used during the summer riots to try to prevent this.

Now, if you want to say leadership gave them no shot at stopping this as it seems they felt they should "cause tensions", I fully agree and they should be gone as well. This was a powder keg waiting to happen.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:28 pm

It's more that some individuals are using that as proof that the cops were "in on it" and let the protestors in. Not the reasons you state.
Cops weren't "in on it." A small few very clearly (see video of opening gates and calmly walking with crowd) were not worried for their safety though. The vast majority did their best to stop it. The only conspiracy I'd entertain is that the low security staffing was deliberate, not the security detail themselves.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:30 pm

Cops weren't "in on it." A small few very clearly (see video of opening gates and calmly walking with crowd) were not worried for their safety though. The vast majority did their best to stop it. The only conspiracy I'd entertain is that the low security staffing was deliberate, not the security detail themselves.
I think we are on the same page then.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:38 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capito ... er-federal

Trumps order could send people that stormed the Capitol up to 10 years in prison.

Hope they go after them. Said arrest can start being made as early as today.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Can it be applied to him as well?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:42 pm

imagine being a terrorist organization (rather, another terrorist organization?) and watching how simple it was to get in there. they're probably foaming at the mouth