Politics And Current Events

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm

They're in on it.
:lol:

The police have been embarrassing today, but let's please not go off the deep end here. They are grossly outnumbered and trying to keep the crowds calm until the National Guard arrives. No, they are not Nazis or a part of the MAGA conspiracy. They are just trying to survive the day and get home to their families.
Sure. There are no maga cops or proud boy cops. Got it.

**** obtuse ostrich head in sand **** right here. There are cops taking **** selfies with the rioters.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:16 pm

The police opened a gate to let rioters in for goodness sake.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Just trying to keep order......

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 pm

and just think, he looked in the mirror before leaving the house and said, "yep, looks good."
I know if I’m ever going to be photographed while attempting insurrection, I’m gonna wear something that makes me really easy to identify in photographs. I’d like to go to prison as quickly as possible when the grown ups are back in charge later this month.

Like...now is the time where you can conceal your face with no questions asked and it overlaps with your attempted coup. And you go with the fur suit.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:19 pm

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Their duties are actually ministerial. They don’t want to take any risks, so the best bet is to let a bunch of crazed armed trash people into congress so they can watch the Queen’s Gambit with their wife later tonight.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:21 pm

As long as they go home safe tonight that's all that matters.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:22 pm

Oh but you can't say that they're in on it or suggest they at least played a part into letting it escalate to here.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:23 pm

I was installing flooring all day and missed all the shenanigans as well as related commentary here and on social media. I haven't read what exactly went down, but I'm pretty sure I'm better off for missing it.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:23 pm

Gonna be a long night. I'm sure there are on many of them hiding inside the capital. They're gonna have to search every square inch of that building.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:24 pm

Their duties are actually ministerial. They don’t want to take any risks, so the best bet is to let a bunch of crazed armed trash people into congress so they can watch the Queen’s Gambit with their wife later tonight.
Queen's Gambit? More like Burn Notice.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:25 pm

And took selfies with them

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:25 pm

It is absolutely hilarious to me how different your tone was when Antifa/BLM rioters were attacking government buildings and police stations over the summer. Folks like you and MR25 were preaching how it was necessary, and that it was a righteous expression of frustration and anger due to oppression, yada yada yada. Anything the police did to fight back, MR25 was feverishly sharing tweets in this and the Police Hate thread about how they were acting like fascists and brutally oppressing the "protesters".

Now, these very same people suddenly are calling for the police to brutally crack down on this riot, shoot rioters, etc. It's funny, it really is.

What's even more ironic is that I am one of the few people that has at least been consistent with my message. I thought the police were not cracking down enough on the Antifa/BLM rioters, and from the time this sht started today, I was saying that not enough force was used to stop the MAGA idiots. You can't just dislike lawlessness, rioting, and civil unrest when it's the other side perpetrating it. I loathe this kind of crap no matter which side is causing it, it is poisonous to the country.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:26 pm

When they feel unsafe, they do tend to just meekly nope out. Yep. This is aaaaaaall very consistent. No variables in play here at all.

And no - there’s no conspiracy. But if we pay attention to things, we notice that heads of police unions and the grunts on the ground not only support this regime, they campaigned for it. It’s not a surprising moment where they forget their job to allow people to go harass/murder/do whatever to those snobby elites inside.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:27 pm

And took selfies with them
The **** damage done alone by these two scenes are going to be horrific in going forward

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Now, these very same people suddenly are calling for the police to brutally crack down on this riot, shoot rioters, etc. It's funny, it really is.
So why do these people get special treatment, if black people get the riot squad for peaceful protests?

I'm not going to bother responding to your other attacks, but please, tell me why do black people get the riot squad but the police let these lunatics waltz into the Capitol building?

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:30 pm

6pm curfew, right? We'll see how that goes

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:30 pm

and just think, he looked in the mirror before leaving the house and said, "yep, looks good."
I know if I’m ever going to be photographed while attempting insurrection, I’m gonna wear something that makes me really easy to identify in photographs. I’d like to go to prison as quickly as possible when the grown ups are back in charge later this month.

Like...now is the time where you can conceal your face with no questions asked and it overlaps with your attempted coup. And you go with the fur suit.
He doesn't even have a fur suit on, look closely, that's his chest hair.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:33 pm

It is absolutely hilarious to me how different your tone was when Antifa/BLM rioters were attacking government buildings and police stations over the summer. Folks like you and MR25 were preaching how it was necessary, and that it was a righteous expression of frustration and anger due to oppression, yada yada yada. Anything the police did to fight back, MR25 was feverishly sharing tweets in this and the Police Hate thread about how they were acting like fascists and brutally oppressing the "protesters".

What's even more ironic is that I am one of the few people that has at least been consistent with my message. I thought the police were not cracking down enough on the Antifa/BLM rioters, and from the time this sht started today, I was saying that not enough force was used to stop the MAGA idiots. You can't just dislike lawlessness, rioting, and civil unrest when it's the other side perpetrating it. I loathe this kind of crap no matter which side is causing it, it is poisonous to the country.
The destruction of walnut street in Philadelphia is a bad thing, and while the police brutality that was used towards anyone who looked brown enough or educated enough seemed a bit on the nose, but there was a need for crowd suppression. “I wanted those people taken down and I want these people taken down” is a consistent message. But nobody cares, or brought that up. We’re talking about how excessive force can be applied willy nilly to *the other* during a looting episode, but let’s not be too heavy handed when people want to murder nancy pelosi inside a government building. Need to err on the side of caution, mmm hmmm.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:33 pm

So why do these people get special treatment, if black people get the riot squad for peaceful protests?

I'm not going to bother responding to your other attacks, but please, tell me why do black people get the riot squad but the police let these lunatics waltz into the Capitol building?
BLM protestors are probably made up of more white people than black. I'm guessing if this was a lefty protest those statues and paintings in the Capitol would be destroyed.

:pop:

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the lack of security at the Capitol was a deliberate action by the Trump lackeys in the DOD.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Oh but you can't say that they're in on it or suggest they at least played a part into letting it escalate to here.
I don't think they are "in on it", but they definitely didn't do their jobs and should be fired.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:36 pm

I hope they all have a good weekend...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:36 pm

You understand that you are setting aside the fact that one of the most prominent slogans of the BLM protests was "All cops are bastards", right? And that there was widespread calls for putting "pigs in blankets", as it were? And you are really surprised why the riot gear came out when people screaming these slogans were throwing fireworks and (in several cases) spraying gunfire at police?

The National Guard should have been in DC this morning to prepare for this insanity. Yes, Trump is complicit in this and should be held criminally liable. This is starting to enter fringe conspiracy theory territory, but hey, knock yourself out.