Politics And Current Events

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 am

I almost posted in the media thread, but Olbermann left ESPN to do his political commentaries...on YouTube. :lol:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 am

Dick Durbin mansplaining how ACB should feel about George Floyd is cringe.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 am

We have reached pinnacle bothsidesism. I mean, where does Keith olberman even get to deliver his material?
I think he has a youtube channel.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:51 am

Also a Twitter account. Llipgh retweets him often.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:52 am

We have reached pinnacle bothsidesism. I mean, where does Keith olberman even get to deliver his material?
A shameless corporate plug for Amazon on Prime Day (kindle)... :slug:

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:10 pm

So is this misogynist, mask shaming, or okay because reasons?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Michael Moore, lol. Was he ever really credible?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:19 pm

I think he has a youtube channel.
I'm surprised Romney didn't mention the time that Harry Reid openly (and later admitted) lied on the Senate floor about Romney's taxes during the 2012 campaign.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:21 pm

Seriously? It's revisionist history to act like Michael Moore wasn't 100x more popular than Dinesh Desouza or whoever makes those "expose films" on the Right.

Michael Moore won an Oscar for Bowling for Columbine,

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Seriously? It's revisionist history to act like Michael Moore wasn't 100x more popular than Dinesh Desouza or whoever makes those "expose films" on the Right.

Well, I've been raised to just think of him as a loon my entire life. I grew up in a Fox News household, so I've never heard a good thing spoken about the guy.

So do I listen to him now? No. Do I care about his opinion? Certainly not.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 pm

He was right about Bush.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Well, I've been raised to just think of him as a loon my entire life. I grew up in a Fox News household, so I've never heard a good thing spoken about the guy.

So do I listen to him now? No. Do I care about his opinion? Certainly not.
Fahrenheit 9/11 is the highest grossing documentary of all-time.

Nice FoxNews reference.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 pm

I wasn't being rude or sarcastic there. I've just always been told that the guy is a crazy-town liberal extremist. I'm fine with it too, I try not to put too much stock on Hollywood stars telling me how to act, politically.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:37 pm

I also have to say because of that, I've never seen any of his movies, or even reached out to see his movies.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:37 pm

I wasn't being rude or sarcastic there. I've just always been told that the guy is a crazy-town liberal extremist. I'm fine with it too, I try not to put too much stock on Hollywood stars telling me how to act, politically.
Not sure I'd call him a hollywood star. He was famously booed at the oscars in 2003 for criticizing the Iraq war.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:39 pm

Well, that's interesting then, I know almost 0.0 about him.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm

that was my understanding of him growing up as well

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 pm

re. guns and the aca: dems have to object to something and they don't want to say the quiet part out loud -that being they're afraid amy coney barrett might well be a fookin loon. you ever spent any time with charismatic catholics? i have. back in college i was one. the most dedicated southern baptists i've known are unitarians compared to some charismatic catholics i knew.

whatever version of presbyterianism there is -outside of christian identity crap (which i'm pretty sure isn't presbyterian)- none of them believe they're jesus's only sanctioned church quite like your charismatic catholics does. charismatic cath's take the st. peter bullshit they learned in catechism class and do a james harrison 100 yd sprint down the sideline with it. and if you come on here and say you're a charismatic catholic and that's not the case you're the rare exception to the rule and not long for inclusion, or, you're a liar.

of course the vast majority of catholics aren't lunatics and they don't believe they have first dibs on the heavenly power trio's earhtly ministrations. guess who does though? your charismatic cath. yep, when simply being a practicing catholic isn't enough and you've got to go extra-curricular and join a club within the club; and now you're speaking in tongues and fainting like a benny hinn plant, swear you've been sprinkled with gold dust by god himself and your husband is your boss, a lot of people are going to think that is some crazyass **** and wonder if your 'religion' isn't in fact, a cult.

also

imo- based on my very negative experience (as well as what ive been told by ex catholic priests) - i don't think it's hysterical or hyperbolic to be at least a little worried that amy coney barrett is nuts. as for her judicial independence-or whatever it's precisely called- again, based solely on my experience she's not going to render any decision that's not 100& in line with what her husband or his 'head' (the 'spiritual' advisor, if you will).

funny to me that when she's confirmed that'll make 6 catholics on the court. funny because in this section of the bible belt where i live it used to be most people didn't much care for catholics and they're weren't shy about saying so. too much pope, too much mary veneration and way too much diddling of minors. at least that's how it used to be. these days it seems the evangelicals and what-not are good with it -just like they're good with regeneron culled from embryonic stem cells that cured their orange hero- as long as they can own the libs.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:53 pm

re. guns and the aca: dems have to object to something and they don't want to say the quiet part out loud -that being they're afraid amy coney barrett might well be a fookin loon. you ever spent any time with charismatic catholics? i have. back in college i was one. the most dedicated southern baptists i've known are unitarians compared to some charismatic catholics i knew.

whatever version of presbyterianism there is -outside of christian identity crap (which i'm pretty sure isn't presbyterian)- none of them believe they're jesus's only sanctioned church quite like your charismatic catholics does. charismatic cath's take the st. peter bullshit they learned in catechism class and do a james harrison 100 yd sprint down the sideline with it. and if you come on here and say you're a charismatic catholic and that's not the case you're the rare exception to the rule and not long for inclusion, or, you're a liar.

of course the vast majority of catholics aren't lunatics and they don't believe they have first dibs on the heavenly power trio's earhtly ministrations. guess who does though? your charismatic cath. yep, when simply being a practicing catholic isn't enough and you've got to go extra-curricular and join a club within the club; and now you're speaking in tongues and fainting like a benny hinn plant, swear you've been sprinkled with gold dust by god himself and your husband is your boss, a lot of people are going to think that is some crazyass **** and wonder if your 'religion' isn't in fact, a cult.

also

imo- based on my very negative experience (as well as what ive been told by ex catholic priests) - i don't think it's hysterical or hyperbolic to be at least a little worried that amy coney barrett is nuts. as for her judicial independence-or whatever it's precisely called- again, based solely on my experience she's not going to render any decision that's not 100& in line with what her husband or his 'head' (the 'spiritual' advisor, if you will).

funny to me that when she's confirmed that'll make 6 catholics on the court. funny because in this section of the bible belt where i live it used to be most people didn't much care for catholics and they're weren't shy about saying so. too much pope, too much mary veneration and way too much diddling of minors. at least that's how it used to be. these days it seems the evangelicals and what-not are good with it -just like they're good with regeneron culled from embryonic stem cells that cured their orange hero- as long as they can own the libs.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:59 pm

That's a really good response.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm

He was right about Bush.
He not only predicted Trump would win as early as summer '16, he said he'd do so by flipping the Rust Belt Blue Wall.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:06 pm

crusher crushin it

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Don’t use the word “mansplain”

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 pm

I think I have a little crush on ACB. I think she's a pretty lady.

Reminds me a little of Amy Adams, who I also have a crush on.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:31 pm

She'll make a fine justice. Shame that they lied about the whole nominating in an election year thing, but it is what it is. She's sharp and a legal scholar, and hopefully will stick to the law in making her legal opinions and what not. I also hope she'll drive the conservatives crazy once in a while like Roberts and the other "conservative" judges do when they don't toe the party line.