Politics And Current Events

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:29 pm

This seems like a bad idea.

Hoosier play a Hoosier. Big brain move from the Biden camp.

It seems to me this thread was more civil when the Twitter posting was broken. Or am I misremembering things? I’m guilty of posting Twitter links without context ITT. :oops:

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 pm

I lean slightly right but am so, so tired of the extremes lobbing back and forth. So I just poke and take pot shots and annoy MWB because if it's going to be a giant circlejerk I would like to at least enjoy it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 pm

I just think for as much as it is good to have the information. There are days where twitter posts in here dominate, smarm is applied to as no real thought, then it’s off to the races.

I’m fine with Twitter but maybe actually saying a thought behind it on what you think, agree, disagree, whatever. Would better direct the thread overall.

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm

I lean slightly right but am so, so tired of the extremes lobbing back and forth. So I just poke and take pot shots and annoy MWB because if it's going to be a giant circlejerk I would like to at least enjoy it.
This makes me feel a little gross.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Its a weird time to have a courageous and soul searching discussion on the merits of this thread mere hours after a very informed and respectful 2A conversation between people on both sides.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:46 pm

For as much conflict as there might be in this thread, I feel like its a generally pretty civil. Everyone here means well and is respectful for the most part

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm

This isn’t the first time this whole gang-up / Mean girls type comment has been said.

That’s really all I’m addressing, because it’s the same like 8 people in here day in and day out.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:17 pm

The snark levels have increased since the pandemic

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:17 am

The bat phone just went off at Bumble-Bee tuna.

Does this mean we’re out of canned soup?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:51 am

I thought most polls had Biden up by 7 or 8 in Arizona?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:52 am

The snark levels have increased since the pandemic
Yeah, I think that has escalated everyone's sensitivity and snark, mine included.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:17 am

I know who’s at fault here: the Qanon of the left.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 am

Interesting read on the ongoing debate between ACB and Lagoa.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/2 ... urt-420045

Count me in the ACB camp. I've already written off the 2020 election, and I'd rather have a surefire bet like ACB than someone with a more uncertain jurisprudence like Lagoa.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 am

I post this only to troll Troy. No other reason than snark, to continue the mean girl thing. (Is this enough text before the tweet? :lol: :slug: :pop: )

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:59 am

Trolling me by posting a tweet from a disinformation hack?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:05 am

I guess I am trolled because I think it’s annoying that you would continue following people like York and Ian miles cheong. Just unapologetic grifters.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 am

York just posted the text of the Senate report. Not sure how that is disinformation? And I don't know the last time I posted anything by IMC or Andy Ngo.

Here is the pdf of the report since that doesn't have the "hacks" fingerprints on it.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/ ... _FINAL.pdf

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:55 am

I post this only to troll Troy. No other reason than snark, to continue the mean girl thing. (Is this enough text before the tweet? :lol: :slug: :pop: )

GOP senators’ report calls Hunter Biden’s board role with Ukraine firm ‘problematic’ but fails to show how it changed U.S. policy

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 am

The Hunter Biden stuff stinks to high heaven. That family has been financially beholden to China for years now, and I can only imagine the countless hours the media would be devoting to investigating and reporting it if it was the Trump family. It's fascinating that we have been hearing forever how the Trumps are beholden to foreign national interests that are not friendly to the US, yet you have an actual real example of that with Biden's family and it's largely been ignored.

You can make a very good case that the Chinese have a strong vested interest at getting Biden into the White House. The problem for the Republicans/Trump campaign as noted above is that unless they can come up with a smoking gun in which it can be shown that the Chinese control of the Biden family has actually led to changes in US policy, it will never get the air time it probably should.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:07 am

Reading it, just seems like Biden was on the board, and the company itself was doing shady dealings, which put them in a bad spot politically, but Hunter/Joe really didn't appear to do anything.

I would think if there's a crime that happened there, they'd (GOP) would be all over it, at best it looks like typical corporate corruption...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 am

It's fascinating that we have been hearing forever how the Trumps are beholden to foreign national interests that are not friendly to the US, yet you have an actual real example of that with Biden's family and it's largely been ignored.
I like how you say this as though there are no, zero, zilch "actual real examples" of it with the Trump family...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:12 am

Also reading the key findings, half of the points were basically calling out how Hunter "profited" off the presidency from risky individuals. The reason why I say it's at best it looks like corporate corruption, is because that happens every single day, and seemingly nobody does anything or cares about it.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:14 am

The Hunter Biden stuff stinks to high heaven. That family has been financially beholden to China for years now, and I can only imagine the countless hours the media would be devoting to investigating and reporting it if it was the Trump family. It's fascinating that we have been hearing forever how the Trumps are beholden to foreign national interests that are not friendly to the US, yet you have an actual real example of that with Biden's family and it's largely been ignored.

You can make a very good case that the Chinese have a strong vested interest at getting Biden into the White House. The problem for the Republicans/Trump campaign as noted above is that unless they can come up with a smoking gun in which it can be shown that the Chinese control of the Biden family has actually led to changes in US policy, it will never get the air time it probably should.
Biden was like the poorest senator during his entire tenure. Hunter is a fail-son that used his dad's political status to get jobs. Trump literally did a deal that was connected to the Iranian National Guard. Ivanka has gotten Chinese trademarks, the Kushner company got bailed out by the Qatari sovereign wealth fund after Trump accused them of funding terrorists and supported a Saudi and UAE blockade.

I am not sure how to hold the snark, but this take reeks of someone who has spent years consuming garbage information.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:18 am

not to mention that Kushner company people were pushing those investment visas to wealthy chinese folks almost immediately after Trump won. I mean, Trump had an ambassador make requests to the UK to have his golf course host the British Open, tried to have the G7 at his own resort?

I mean, it's like about as confusing as possible to feign outrage at Hunter Biden while the Trump and Kushner companies are just out and out operating in connection with their government roles.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 am

Don't think the AR15 rounds carry that much velocity. Only shot one magazine once but it definitely didn't feel like it could really penetrate a wall and injure people.
Typically designed to enter the body, fragment, and ricochet off bones in the body to cause as much damage as possible.