Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 pm

Extremely irresponsible and potentially damaging trust in vaccines being developed. CNN should be ashamed.
So if I'm reading this correctly, the patient had her first dose in June, second dose in mid August, she tripped while running in September AND THE NEXT DAY started feeling the symptoms that got worse to the point of hospitalization for what looked like a spinal/nerve issue and we still have people concerned that it was the vaccine that cause it? As Fauci said, it's something to note. It's something to jot down, and if similar symptoms occur in other patients, let's take a deeper look, but for now this seems silly to try to say it's the vaccine's fault. I'm sure the people that think it's the vaccine already are or were on the vaccines cause autism bandwagon.
I think that's an exercise in poor headline writing rather than poor journalism on CNN's part. The actual text of the story actually makes it kinda clear (to me, at least) that the test vax likely wasn't the cause of the adverse reaction.

During clinical trials, pharma companies are required to report every single adverse thing that happens to a patient in the trial, regardless of the presumed underlying cause. It can be determined after the fact that the medication/vaccine/etc contributed nothing to that reaction, but it still has to be disclosed. That's why when a trial for a med spans a full calendar year (e.g. 2 flu seasons), you'll pretty much always see in the advertising that side-effects include runny nose, fever, etc...... flu symptoms.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Well isn't that convenient of you tif... to post that right after Mikey complains about no one posting on it.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm

I have no one foe'd and I think only you and I commented on it...

I'm not asking for any comments either (new or further), but it's a repetitive observation...this one, in particular, seems to check off a number of unsavory boxes for your team...
I'm more curious about your score keeping of the post from yesterday... what exactly do you think happened there? From my point of view, Freddy came in with an astounding poll, showing just how dumb the average person is, and said it was the "Qanon of the left". Beyond Randall, everyone's reaction was, "I'm sorry... who what now?"

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm

If you fail in the private sector there is always a job for you in the government.
The man who has been identified as the doctor who allegedly gave unnecessary hysterectomies to women detained at a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility settled a Medicare, Medicaid federal lawsuit years ago.

Dr. Mahendra Amin, who is himself an immigrant, according to Prism Reports, agreed to a $520,000 settlement with federal prosecutors in 2015 regarding an indictment filed in 2013. Amin had been accused of orchestrating a scheme at Irwin County Hospital (ICH) in Georgia, which he was a part-owner of, in which unnecessary procedures were administered on patients to bolster federal Medicare and Medicaid payments to the hospital, according to the indictment.

“One important mission of this office’s Civil Division is to ensure that when taxpayer money is paid out under federal health care programs, it is paid out in a manner that complies with federal healthcare laws,” said former U.S. Attorney Michael J. Moore in a statement following the settlement...

...Further, ICH repeatedly administered “unnecessary tests” to terminally ill nursing home patients, the indictment alleged. For example, chest X-rays were administered as often as they could be paid for by Medicare, the indictment said.

“This case reflects our continued commitment to investigating allegations of Medicaid fraud and abuse,” said former Georgia attorney general Sam Olens following the settlement.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/17/man- ... aid-fraud/

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 pm

I'm not asking for any comments either (new or further), but it's a repetitive observation...this one, in particular, seems to check off a number of unsavory boxes for your team...
I'm more curious about your score keeping of the post from yesterday... what exactly do you think happened there? From my point of view, Freddy came in with an astounding poll, showing just how dumb the average person is, and said it was the "Qanon of the left". Beyond Randall, everyone's reaction was, "I'm sorry... who what now?"
Yeah, once the how-is-this-indicative-of-anything-in-a-left-right-context question was raised I didn't think there was anything further that needed to be said. That was an uncommonly goofy take.

"Hot dogs are sandwiches, which obviously means communists are taking over the Wall Street Journal."

What?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Maybe it was just a bad take that was appropriately criticized?

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:30 pm

"Prism Reports"

Jesus. Lack of self-awareness on that one. :lol:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm

*spots a beehive in the distance that could use a good kick*

The time from post to attempted tear down of the "pro-Jewish" (or, anti-anti-Semitic) media post yesterday (?) was very short before the typical worker bees came buzzin...and that was just about a despicable event that happened 80 years ago...

The seemingly quite needlessly alarmist (gleefully, maybe ;) ) CNN article about covid vaccines is really untouched...

Maybe everyone is really busy today... :slug:
That CNN article is gleefully alarmist?
After the patient's condition was reviewed by safety experts, the trial resumed in the UK and Brazil.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CNN Tuesday that it is "just a matter of time" before the trial resumes in the United States.
He added that he considered the participant's illness a "one-off" at this point, and that "it would be unusual to completely stop a trial on the basis of one single adverse event."

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Pretty good rundown: https://www.chron.com/news/article/Afte ... 573335.php

This part stuck out to me..normal Presidential stuff here:
That evening, before returning to Washington, Trump hosted a Super Bowl party at his club, complete with cheerleaders shaking pompoms, the Florida Atlantic University marching band, and an oversize likeness of Trump dressed as a football player, wearing a red jersey emblazoned with the number "45."
Speaking of the Super Bowl, wonder if any of those in attendance had covid and then went home and spread it?

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:48 pm

nobody was right :puke: so there was no need to argue about it :scared: ;)

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:04 pm

When did Trumpers shift from the "COVID is a plot by Gates/Fauci to ruin Trump and make us all get vaccines with tracking chips!" narrative to "The Left is trying to ruin the vaccine!!!" hysteria? Anyone? Anyone?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 pm

To be fair, they've already been claiming conspiracy with the vaccine by saying "They'll wait until after the election to release it to hurt Trump and keep mail-in voting".

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm

When did Trumpers shift from the "COVID is a plot by Gates/Fauci to ruin Trump and make us all get vaccines with tracking chips!" narrative to "The Left is trying to ruin the vaccine!!!" hysteria? Anyone? Anyone?
When lefties shifted to anti-vaxxers when it looked like a vaccine would come out earlier than expected.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm

there is no vaccine, its just to distract from marxist concentration camps AOC Pelosi

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Wait... I have to be anti-vax now? Why did no one tell me?

Ugh, it's hard being pro-businesses closing doors for good AND anti-vax/anti-science.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Shad bait

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Wait... I have to be anti-vax now? Why did no one tell me?

Ugh, it's hard being pro-businesses closing doors for good AND anti-vax/anti-science.
dont forget Pro BLM, anti-Nazi and anti-semetic.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:26 pm

pro blueberry muffins, anti-Hitler/Antifa, and anti-semantic. Got it.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:30 pm

Und keine eier

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:34 pm

Und keine eier

Maynard makes wine in Arizona. That's pretty baller.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Und keine eier

Maynard makes wine in Arizona. That's pretty baller.
I tried one of his sparking wines. It wasn't bad but nothing I'd seek out. As long as he's still writing music I don't care what he does lol.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm

:?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:02 pm

"A different kind of restraint."

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 pm

me on 714's circa 1975

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Shad bait

Not surprising. It still amazes me the free pass that organization has gotten in the media, as corporations line up to pay multi million dollar tributes. The radical roots of BLM are undeniable, and this is a gross story that should be getting a lot more mainstream coverage.

That said, there's a reason why the Chinese government are more than happy to funnel money to BLM in the United States even as they continue their horrible civil rights record back home. It's a destabilizing influence that is very friendly to far-Left politics.