Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am

I'm voting twice. Once for Biden and once for Trump. That will add to the confusion.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:38 am

Basically 2016 again...
2016 wasn't violent if I recall correctly. Pretty good chance 2020 would be violent.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:40 am

I look forward to 12:01 PM on January 20, 2021 when Pelosi becomes president because the election is still tied up in court.
All hail the wino in chief

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am

I look forward to 12:01 PM on January 20, 2021 when Pelosi becomes president because the election is still tied up in court.
Hopefully the asteroid would have wiped us all out by then

If the concern is that Trump won't leave when he legitimately loses, then why would he allow Pelosi to become acting Pres when he's still in the White House?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am

Would it really surprise anyone that the hit pieces are going to start coming out in the media between now and November? I know speaking about media bias is considered right-wing conspiracy stuff in here, but the media IS liberal and they mostly loathe Trump. They will be pulling out all the stops between now and November.

And I say this recognizing that Trump has plenty of qualities that make him distasteful and even loathe-worthy. But that Atlantic piece of "journalism" is trash.
Loathe Trump, or are just reporting facts about trump? It becomes a fine line when you have such an abhorrent person you have to report on.
"It's okay to make up stuff and lie about bad people."

-- Ethics
Since we're challenging the veracity of the sourcing because of its anonymity, what evidence do you have that it's fabricated?
Why would I have to prove that?

That's bizarre.

A) "My friend told me he saw Sasquatch"

B) "Whose your friend?"

A) "I'm not telling you"

B) "Well, I don't believe your friend"

A) "What proof do you have that Sasquatch doesn't exist?"

B) .....
The problem with this example (lol) is that this isn't what you're saying.

B) "Whose your friend?"

A) "I'm not telling you"

B) "Well, you friend is a liar and is making things up."

A) "If you don't even know who my friend is, how can you accuse them of fabricating the story?"

B) *uncontextualized tweet*

I didn't ask you to disprove the claim. I asked you to substantiate your assertion that the claim was fabricated. Because without grounding, how is your claim any less scurrilous than what you're accusing the author of the story of doing? (Platform and reach notwithstanding)

It's quite the jump to go from "I don't trust anonymous sources" to "this person is fabricating everything they are attributing to these anonymous sources", and doing so comes of as super tinfoily.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

Thats a slippery slope, to say whatever you want about whoever you want and put the onus on that person to prove it isn't true.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:58 am

And I guess since you can't say anything anti anti-trump without getting clowned by everyone, I will qualify my statement by saying I think there's a high likelihood he said something that at least could be interpreted the way it is being reported. Because he is an ashole and says ashole things every day. I still think the smoking-gun-anonymous-source stuff is horsesht journalism

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:02 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/security-sea ... l-anderson

1) If you are a security firm and can't handle dealing with security because people were verbally abusing you, then maybe you need a new line of work

2) This makes me wonder if/when social workers, etc have to go into dangerous situations if police are defunded and the force is cut like some city council people in Seattle want to do.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:04 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ip-kenosha

HAHAHAHAHA. Biden says at Kenosha church while talking about Blake, that if he lays out all of his plans in detail they will "shoot him" because it will take too long.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:30 am

I've read a few stories on these. Super interesting and weird.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 am

Thats a slippery slope, to say whatever you want about whoever you want and put the onus on that person to prove it isn't true.
The Wire season 5 should be required viewing for any journalist.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:39 am

Loathe Trump, or are just reporting facts about trump? It becomes a fine line when you have such an abhorrent person you have to report on.
"It's okay to make up stuff and lie about bad people."

-- Ethics
Since we're challenging the veracity of the sourcing because of its anonymity, what evidence do you have that it's fabricated?
Why would I have to prove that?

That's bizarre.

B) "Whose your friend?"

A) "I'm not telling you"

B) "Well, I don't believe your friend"

A) "What proof do you have that Sasquatch doesn't exist?"

B) .....
The problem with this example (lol) is that this isn't what you're saying.

B) "Whose your friend?"

A) "I'm not telling you"

B) "Well, you friend is a liar and is making things up."

A) "If you don't even know who my friend is, how can you accuse them of fabricating the story?"

B) *uncontextualized tweet*

I didn't ask you to disprove the claim. I asked you to substantiate your assertion that the claim was fabricated. Because without grounding, how is your claim any less scurrilous than what you're accusing the author of the story of doing? (Platform and reach notwithstanding)

It's quite the jump to go from "I don't trust anonymous sources" to "this person is fabricating everything they are attributing to these anonymous sources", and doing so comes of as super tinfoily.
You’re right... the media has gotten everything right and has never had to retract a story because of it being horribly wrong.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 am

The President has repeated multiple times telling his supporters to **** vote twice. Twice!
If my understanding is correct, there isn't necessarily a barrier that will prevent someone who has returned a mail-in ballot from also voting in person (if they mail the ballot close to election day). But when the respective Secretary of State receives multiple ballots under the same voter's name, both ballots will be disqualified.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:57 am

The President has repeated multiple times telling his supporters to **** vote twice. Twice!
If my understanding is correct, there isn't necessarily a barrier that will prevent someone who has returned a mail-in ballot from also voting in person (if they mail the ballot close to election day). But when the respective Secretary of State receives multiple ballots under the same voter's name, both ballots will be disqualified.
Yeah, really one of those quagmires trying to decipher what's going on there. I think he's just trying to inspire as much chaos as possible around election day, a situation where a clear winner won't be decided on election night is clearly his preferred outcome. Examining the practical implications of his daily word vomit is unnecessary.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:08 am

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:13 am

lol Trump really is shooting for the worst president ever title

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 am

lol Trump really is shooting for the worst president ever title

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:47 am

All this in 12 hours. Overnight hours to boot. Almost like there was some sort of coordination.
@jeneps
The Biden campaign is holding a press call this morning with Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Khizr Khan, and Rep. Conor Lamb (D-PA) “in reaction to the appalling revelations about Donald Trump and veterans” in
@JeffreyGoldberg’s
@TheAtlantic story.
"Last night and today countless veterans and military families are in pain and asking what is in this presidency for us?"
@AndrewBatesNC
says on press call about the Atlantic story.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:15 pm

It’s not anything new. This is the guy that called McCain a loser, not a hero, and he liked guys that didn’t get captured.
Don’t worry apologists will continue to make excuses.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:17 pm

Unique perspective...

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Kosovo first Muslim-majority country to move embassy to Jerusalem.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:28 pm

Atlantic staff gets first dibs with prepared questions at Joe's presser. This is actual collusion for those that care

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Atlantic staff gets first dibs with prepared questions at Joe's presser. This is actual collusion for those that care
This stuff is elder abuse.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:35 pm

Here comes the Wendy Bell Freedom for racism, misinformation, and gas-lighting podcast.