Politics And Current Events

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:52 pm

You're going to have to explain what you're trying to say.

Covid rules have gone out the window all summer for this exact same incident. It was a dumb tongue in cheek remark just to take a jab at some of you here.

Is it out of bounds now to point out incidents where people who aren't black end up facing the same consequence for an almost identical scenario? Or is the eyes close, finger in ears approach still preferred?
what...what was the almost identical scenario?

Good Lord.... A person threatening officers with a knife ended up getting shot. Does that remind you of something that happened recently??

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:54 pm

yikes.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:55 pm

You're going to have to explain what you're trying to say.

Covid rules have gone out the window all summer for this exact same incident. It was a dumb tongue in cheek remark just to take a jab at some of you here.

Is it out of bounds now to point out incidents where people who aren't black end up facing the same consequence for an almost identical scenario? Or is the eyes close, finger in ears approach still preferred?
what...what was the almost identical scenario?

Good Lord.... A person threatening officers with a knife ended up getting shot. Does that remind you of something that happened recently??
there was that one from the gas station but I don't remember many (rational) people being up in arms or protesting because of it

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:56 pm

I mean, that's what I thought I just wanted to double check before I called that one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on here. There have been a lot of dumb posts (I'm responsible for many) but that one takes the cake. Congrats.
:fist:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:56 pm

It's been said ad naseum "if a white person did this...".

Here we have a white person who gets shot for bearing a knife.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:56 pm

LOL I knew it. I almost put that in my first reply. Just mentioning "hey cops use force when a suspect brandishes weapons" get immediately equated to shouting All Lives Matter. What a joke.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Well, if you were referring to me, I wasn't thinking you were even thinking all lives matter.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:59 pm

A white woman stabbed a cop, was directed to drop the knife, did but then tried to pick it back up to attack. She was then shot at twice (looked like they didn't hit). She was given more commands to drop the knife and get on the ground. She picked the knife up again and ran toward another cop to stab him. It was then that she was fatally shot. The cops gave her every opportunity to be arrested even after she stabbed one of them.

If you see that as the same situation that has been the subject of protests, you're a complete lost cause and not worth the discussion.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:01 pm

It's been said ad naseum "if a white person did this...".

Here we have a white person who gets shot for bearing a knife.
I posted a link about a latino dude getting shot and killed by the cops the other day. I've learned a few months back that society can only focus on one thing at a time.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:03 pm

sigh

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:04 pm

A white woman stabbed a cop, was directed to drop the knife, did but then tried to pick it back up to attack. She was then shot at twice (looked like they didn't hit). She was given more commands to drop the knife and get on the ground. She picked the knife up again and ran toward another cop to stab him. It was then that she was fatally shot. The cops gave her every opportunity to be arrested.

If you see that as the same situation that has been the subject of protests, you're a complete lost cause and not worth the discussion.

Same could be said the rapist career felon you've been worshiping these last few weeks.

Tho the reaction isnt surprising coming from this crowd. Mobs of people in your neighborhood at midnight harassing innocent residents?:
"They should just sit there and take it."

Here's an example of what happens when you have a weapon and don't listen to officers:
"What?! Yikes?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :scared: :scared: :scared: "
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:04 pm

There's a lot to unpack here, but I think we're all better off if we just throw away the suitcase...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:05 pm

worshiping

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:05 pm

A white woman stabbed a cop, was directed to drop the knife, did but then tried to pick it back up to attack. She was then shot at twice (looked like they didn't hit). She was given more commands to drop the knife and get on the ground. She picked the knife up again and ran toward another cop to stab him. It was then that she was fatally shot. The cops gave her every opportunity to be arrested even after she stabbed one of them.

But that same thing happened to Blake. According to the police reports, he was asked to corporate after the cops were called on him for breaking a restraining order, tried to arrest him, he put an officer in a headlock, got tased by two tasers, got tackled, and still went to the driver side to get a knife that he admitted to having.

I think these two situations are far more similar, but one has a ton of outrage. BTW, I think the cops were right to use deadly force in the white womans situations.

Now, the entire GF incident, he was already cuffed and posed no threat. Those issues are what should be stopped and protestors want to change.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Back to crazytown.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm

A white woman stabbed a cop, was directed to drop the knife, did but then tried to pick it back up to attack. She was then shot at twice (looked like they didn't hit). She was given more commands to drop the knife and get on the ground. She picked the knife up again and ran toward another cop to stab him. It was then that she was fatally shot. The cops gave her every opportunity to be arrested.

Same could be said the rapist career felon you've been worshiping these last few weeks.

Tho the reaction isnt surprising coming from this crowd. Mobs of people in your neighborhood at midnight harassing innocent residents?:
"They should just sit there and take it."

Here's an example of what happens when you have a weapon and don't listen to officers:
"What?! Yikes?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :scared: :scared: :scared: "
Honestly, dude, you've lost it. What the **** are you even talking about?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:08 pm

I'm going to take FRs short lived advice and just bow out of this one.

Ya'll be blessed.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 pm

:lol: Like I said I fully admit I posted it to poke a few bears, but what a pathetic overreaction. In near record time.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:10 pm

:lol: Like I said I fully admit I posted it to poke a few bears, but what a pathetic overreaction. In near record time.
Lol omg such a troll :- P

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Have a good weekend everyone

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Honestly, dude, you've lost it. What the **** are you even talking about?

Look at the absolute garbage behavior you constantly can't wait to defend, now look at your reaction to a simple post showing a different scenario that led to the same outcome.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:15 pm

But that same thing happened to Blake. According to the police reports, he was asked to corporate after the cops were called on him for breaking a restraining order, tried to arrest him, he put an officer in a headlock, got tased by two tasers, got tackled, and still went to the driver side to get a knife that he admitted to having.

I think these two situations are far more similar, but one has a ton of outrage. BTW, I think the cops were right to use deadly force in the white womans situations.

Now, the entire GF incident, he was already cuffed and posed no threat. Those issues are what should be stopped and protestors want to change.
it hurts to say it but it's tough to believe the police reports in this situation. Chapelle was riffing on this 20 years ago

also, Blake was shot as he was reaching into his car. Maybe it was for a knife but it isn't nearly the same. The woman in the video above already stabbed an officer and was charging at another. Blake was reaching in his car and facing away from the officers

yes, maybe the Blake situation would've turned into the same as the Florida woman, but that doesn't mean he should've been shot at the time he was shot.
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:15 pm

This should calm things down. "Education" continues unabated.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:18 pm

it hurts to say it but it's tough to believe the police reports in this situation.

also, Blake was shot as he was reaching into his car. Maybe it was for a knife but it isn't nearly the same. The woman in the video above already stabbed an officer and was charging at another. Blake was reaching in his car and facing away from the officers

yes, maybe the Blake situation would've turned into the same as the Florida woman, but that doesn't mean he should've been shot at the time he was shot.

So wait until he actually stabs someone before doing anything, right? The FL woman is exactly why they don't. A narrative got slightly challenged one time and heads exploded.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Minority Report is a true story.