Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:54 pm

I dunno, I am definitely going to give the benefit of the doubt to a 17-year old with an AR-15 that drove 30 miles to guard against protesters.
I mean I posted a video that shows people running after him as he tries to get away.

Yes, he was running away after he had already shot a man in the head and people were trying to keep him from shooting someone else, according to the reports.
People are chasing him in the first part of the video before he shot the guy in the head at the dealership. Now, I can't see what happened when he shot the dude in the head, the videos for that are further away, so I can't comment on that.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:55 pm

So theres no way they would provoke the guy with the gun (which they may not have even known) but they were willing to chase after the guy with the gun? (After he shoots someone with it?)

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 pm

I dunno, I am definitely going to give the benefit of the doubt to a 17-year old with an AR-15 that drove 30 miles to guard against protesters.
I mean I posted a video that shows people running after him as he tries to get away.

Yes, he was running away after he had already shot a man in the head and people were trying to keep him from shooting someone else, according to the reports.
If you watch the beginning of the video it shows the first person he shot. That person is chasing him through a parking lot. Around the 5 minute mark he shots 2 more people as he is laying on his back. You are welcome to believe whatever you read but I'll use the multiple videos for my info.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 pm

He was arrested, so he'll have to prove it was self-defense. I am having a hard time concocting a scenario where unarmed people provoke an altercation of this sort with a person waving around that kind weapon.
You got the same type of people provoking cops with similar weapons, and going after individuals that have similar weapons but are to scared to shoot them in other cities and beating the crap out of them. It's not out of the realm of possibility that someone was going after him, thinking he'd never shoot.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:59 pm

So theres no way they would provoke the guy with the gun (which they may not have even known) but they were willing to chase after the guy with the gun? (After he shoots someone with it?)

Was he attacked by blind protestors?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:59 pm

He was arrested, so he'll have to prove it was self-defense. I am having a hard time concocting a scenario where unarmed people provoke an altercation of this sort with a person waving around that kind weapon.
There is an image of one of the people he shot hitting him with a skateboard as he is laying on his back. If you catch someone in the head with the metal trucks of the board you could certainly do enough damage to kill, or at least impair their life. This to me is worthy of self defense.

Also the below image I believe was one of the guys chasing him around the 5 minute mark. Does not appear to be unarmed.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:13 pm

A child brought an AR-15 to a protest 30 miles away and we're arguing about who provoked who?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:14 pm

More hysterical tds.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:16 pm

I have no idea how you can defend the shooter in that situation

he shouldn't even be in the zip code, let alone shooting people

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:19 pm

I have no idea how you can defend the shooter in that situation

he shouldn't even be in the zip code, let alone shooting people
Apparently the big internet conservative influencers have been defending him today. Pretty straight line from there, or people are just being contrarian and don't want to agree with the libs.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:26 pm

A child brought an AR-15 to a protest 30 miles away and we're arguing about who provoked who?

Children have been loading up on bricks, and bike locks, and frozen water bottles, and molotov cocktails and traveling to cities they're not from for 3 months now and we still argue that they're the ones provoked. So what's the difference?

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Children have been loading up on bricks, and bike locks, and frozen water bottles, and molotov cocktails and traveling to cities they're not from for 3 months now and we still argue that they're the ones provoked. So what's the difference?
The difference is I've never defended anybody physically harming anybody else. It's controversial, I know, but shooting people is bad.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Someone actually got killed this time?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:29 pm

1. nice "but if they do it why can't we!!!!" logic
2. ah cool, comparing bike locks to a rifle
3. how many people have BLM protestors killed since the George Floyd incident?

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:31 pm

What defines the whole situation is why the dude who was shot in car lot was chasing him.
He didn't just randomly decide to start chasing somebody with an AR hung over their shoulder. What precipitates the chase is of some importance. But it's also a bit Zimmerman-esque, if Rittenhouse is fleeing and but you continue to put him in danger because you're chasing him, he has the right to self defense.

Morally, is it plant/grow? Absolutely. Chase down a guy with an AR and you should expect to be looking down its barrel. Bring an AR to a counter protest 30 minutes away from your house and trespass/loiter somebody else's property in the name of "protecting the city" and you should expect to be antagonized.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm

100% plant-grow imo, which is why the George Zimmerman thing never sat square with me. The moment he exited his car, he became the aggressor.
In George Zimmerman's example, he was 100% at fault IMO. I think every situation is different.

IMO, during a riot, if you are in the situation protecting your business or your communities business and property, and you do not provoke the violence, and get attacked, then it's self defense.

I mean, you can go the plant grow route if people are causing a riot, burnining down builidngs and attacking people that have guns, is it plant grow if they get shot?

I think that is faulty logic and each situation has to be looked at differently.
He drove 30 miles to protect a gas station....not exactly his community. If it is then call me a citizen of Ohio. Actually don't, ew....

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Did anyone get the criminal history of the people that were killed?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:38 pm

They killed the retired black cop responding to a break in call at a pawn shop in Minneapolis. They found at least one body in the burned remains. Several people got shot by a protestor shooting at a car driving through traffic. Many police officers have been attacked.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:39 pm

1. Yeah that's the point I was making. Its just as ridiculous to defend that for 3 month as it is to defend this. Yet it was and still is all the rage.
2. I mentioned more than bike locks (which can kill too) but I also didnt mention other weapons that were routinely used.
3. This isn't even close to the first murder during these protests and you know it. It's just the first one anyones going to give 2 shits about.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Did anyone get the criminal history of the people that were killed?
I think one of them knocked over a Piggly Wiggly in Wazoo.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:41 pm

What defines the whole situation is why the dude who was shot in car lot was chasing him.
He didn't just randomly decide to start chasing somebody with an AR hung over their shoulder. What precipitates the chase is of some importance. But it's also a bit Zimmerman-esque, if Rittenhouse is fleeing and but you continue to put him in danger because you're chasing him, he has the right to self defense.

Morally, is it plant/grow? Absolutely. Chase down a guy with an AR and you should expect to be looking down its barrel. Bring an AR to a counter protest 30 minutes away from your house and trespass/loiter somebody else's property in the name of "protecting the city" and you should expect to be antagonized.
:thumb:

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:41 pm

1. Yeah that's the point I was making. Its just as ridiculous to defend that for 3 month as it is to defend this. Yet it was and still is all the rage.
2. I mentioned more than bike locks (which can kill too) but I also didnt mention other weapons that were routinely used.
3. This isn't even close to the first murder during these protests and you know it. It's just the first one anyones going to give 2 shits about.
Point me in the direction of anybody defending murder anywhere else in this thread. Show me where people defended someone throwing bricks or bike locks or anything at cops. Nobody is defending the things you think they are defending. Your main point is invalid.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:45 pm

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/show/st ... om-looting

This dude died during looting during a "protest".

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:48 pm

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/show/st ... om-looting

This dude died during looting during a "protest".
Yeah but you act like the people that shot him recorded him crying for help...

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:51 pm

There is an image of one of the people he shot hitting him with a skateboard as he is laying on his back. If you catch someone in the head with the metal trucks of the board you could certainly do enough damage to kill, or at least impair their life. This to me is worthy of self defense.

Also the below image I believe was one of the guys chasing him around the 5 minute mark. Does not appear to be unarmed.

Now way a protester would carry a weapon. Also has his mask down, can't be a protester. :pop: