Politics And Current Events

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:30 pm

It's amazing (not really) how anti-gun folks revel in their ignorance.
I'm unclear if you were referencing my post or not but if so, I never said I was anti-gun or anti 2nd amendment. I said I don't get it. I've never felt the need to own one but that doesn't necessarily mean I care if you do.
if you weren't referencing my post:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:32 pm

:thumb:

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Only thing I can say about it is they are fun as hell to shoot. That being said, I have zero issues with them going the way of the dodo.
that I could see. still seems a lot of cash to drop on something you can only safely use at a gun range (I would think you can fire them there) or out in the middle of nowhere.
I'm extremely cheap though. :lol:

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:37 pm

I've never understood why the average person wastes their money on a machine gun. pistols to protect your home, rifles to both protect your home and hunt with, those I understand. you don't need a full or semi automatic weapon to protect your home and family. I do recognize though that like most 'MURICA! things, it's not about need, it's about want. to each their own.
You approve of "pistols to protect your home," but you sat "you don't need a full or semi automatic weapon to protect your home and family." So by "pistol," you are referring only to revolvers or single-shot handguns? Because most pistols are semi-automatic.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Only thing I can say about it is they are fun as hell to shoot. That being said, I have zero issues with them going the way of the dodo.
that I could see. still seems a lot of cash to drop on something you can only safely use at a gun range (I would think you can fire them there) or out in the middle of nowhere.
I'm extremely cheap though. :lol:
I owned a .45 because I wanted the same gun that came out of Desperado's sleeves (I could never get it to work like that or hit anything for that matter, damn thing was a hand cannon). I ended up selling it back maybe 5 years after I bought it for the exact same amount.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm

My shotgun has been the difference between losing one chicken or all five, to raccoons. I suppose I could have never let the chickens out, but it was easier to blow away the raccoons.

offsides

Postby offsides » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Times do change. My Dad grew up on a farm in Greene County. He went to a one room school house and was allowed to take a shotgun to school. He said they stored them in a closet and after school he hunted for some fresh dinner meat on the walk home. This is the same man that got a Masters degree in education from Duquesne University.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Minneapolis Tells Residents With Riot-Wrecked Buildings They Can't Clean Up Until They've Paid Their 2020 Property Taxes in Full
https://reason.com/2020/08/13/minneapol ... s-in-full/

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:39 pm

I've never understood why the average person wastes their money on a machine gun. pistols to protect your home, rifles to both protect your home and hunt with, those I understand. you don't need a full or semi automatic weapon to protect your home and family. I do recognize though that like most 'MURICA! things, it's not about need, it's about want. to each their own.

full disclosure: I don't own a single working firearm and never have. closest I get is my father's WWII army pistol which resides in our safe deposit box.
It is effectively illegal to own a machine gun in the US, and has been since the 1930s. You can do it, but it's prohibitively expensive to do so.

No one is buying a machine gun for home defense.
And pistols and rifles are semi automatic for the most part lmao.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:40 pm

You approve of "pistols to protect your home," but you sat "you don't need a full or semi automatic weapon to protect your home and family." So by "pistol," you are referring only to revolvers or single-shot handguns? Because most pistols are semi-automatic.
approve is your word, not mine but perhaps I partially misspoke so here goes, "you don't need a full or semi automatic RIFLE to protect your home and family."
thanks to the 2nd you can own (almost) anything you want. as long as you don't bring it into my house, I don't care.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Tonight’s campaign rally:
REPORTER: "Mr. President, after three and a half years, do you regret at all, all the lying you've done to the American people?"
TRUMP: "All the what?"
REPORTER: "All the lying. All the dishonesties."
TRUMP: "And who is that?"
REPORTER: "You have done."

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm

The Dems got their house in order, they put down the Bernie campaign.
:(

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm

approve is your word, not mine but perhaps I partially misspoke so here goes, "you don't need a full or semi automatic RIFLE to protect your home and family."
thanks to the 2nd you can own (almost) anything you want. as long as you don't bring it into my house, I don't care.
I honestly hate the 2A argument as nobody is changing minds but it’s the same as tech arguments.

Let’s get people involved who know what they hell they’re talking about before we let someone who doesn’t know that most pistols are semi automatic make rules for me.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Minneapolis Tells Residents With Riot-Wrecked Buildings They Can't Clean Up Until They've Paid Their 2020 Property Taxes in Full
Government sparks riot by attacking citizens, then extorts them. Is this a good time to use the "this is normal" garbage trope...?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:04 pm

"The government" is only the police and Trump.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Government sparks riot by attacking citizens, then extorts them. Is this a good time to use the "this is normal" garbage trope...?
[UPDATE: The city of Minneapolis this afternoon announced that it was going to cease requiring the paying of property taxes to get demo permits, the practice this following story discusses. The original story follows as initially posted.]

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:08 pm

It’s happening....birtherism is backkkkkkk

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:12 pm

It’s happening....birtherism is backkkkkkk
Another Manchurian candidate.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Birtherism 2: Electric Boogaloo

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 pm

My favorite of the FB oppo on Kamala is that her great-great grandfather owned a ton of slaves.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:50 pm

She’s not even American, so....

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:56 pm

"She's not even black, she's Jamaican!"

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:58 pm

"She's not even black, she's Jamaican!"