Politics And Current Events

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:03 am

Benefit to Kamala as VP.
The big knock is that she was too tough on crime? She's not forward thinking about improving policing. Is that really a place Republicans want to go? Criticizing her for being too like you?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:10 am

Benefit to Kamala as VP.
The big knock is that she was too tough on crime? She's not forward thinking about improving policing. Is that really a place Republicans want to go? Criticizing her for being too like you?
This the glory of the social media political campaigns. They can push out either Kamala is too weak or too strong on crime depending on the receiver. It's a pretty nice deal really, you can motivate the hogs with people burning bibles in Portland to go vote, and depress the african-american vote and keep the civil liberties crowd out of the Biden camp by sending out Kamala, Warrior Cop, ads.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am

Does Kamala Harris still think Biden is a racist sexual predator or is that just "debate stuff"?

In other words do those epithets still mean anything?
She's taking Lindsay's move going from talking trash on Trump to being his lackey.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am

That burning bible story in Portland was the first Russian dis-information campaign piece or 2020 apparently:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/us/p ... dling.html

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:16 am

Does Kamala Harris still think Biden is a racist sexual predator or is that just "debate stuff"?

It’s like you had a prepared dossier of every possible VP pick to rattle off negatives like you’re Kellyanne Conway

When did Kamala call Biden a racist? Cause I’m pretty sure it didn’t happen

I also think it’s interesting how these epithets are an issue for the Democrats but Trump has said things about Ted Cruz and half of the Republican Party and it’s unsurprisingly no big deal
Just remember Freddy is not for Trump being reelected, just for stopping Biden from being elected.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:21 am

It's also pretty hilarious to frame debate as though we're all just irrationally against Trump and thus can't constructively discuss politics without immediately resorting to that. Trump is a uniquely abhorrent politician, and if you are dismissing that sentiment because you think "they're all scum", then you are basically just wandering around in a self-induced coma.

Sure point to me, or Factorial, or Trip complaining about Trump, that's easy (and lazy), but that is just conveniently ignoring that Trump's unique awfulness that is pushing folks like Morkle, KTK, Ulf, SDD to voting democrat.
I think his point is that some of you literally cannot discuss anything related to politics without resorting to derrrr trump is the worst.... No **** he is uniquely awful. Some people would like a conversation that doesn't devolve to derrr trump dumb, Trump this, Trump that.

And there's a group of you who cannot discuss Trump without resorting to "herr derr both sides" and deflecting legitimate criticism.

It goes both ways.
Did...did you...did you just "both sides" a "both sides"...? It's so early in the morning though... :face:

EDIT: Ah ****, it's 10 am ?!?! **** me...

I think I was just trying to point out the irony involved, but yeah it did come out like I'm trying to both sides it

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am

It’s like you had a prepared dossier of every possible VP pick to rattle off negatives like you’re Kellyanne Conway

When did Kamala call Biden a racist? Cause I’m pretty sure it didn’t happen

I also think it’s interesting how these epithets are an issue for the Democrats but Trump has said things about Ted Cruz and half of the Republican Party and it’s unsurprisingly no big deal
Just remember Freddy is not for Trump being reelected, just for stopping Biden from being elected.
Outside the fact that one of those 2 will happen, why can't that be his stance?

I'd rather it be someone else than one of those 2 as well.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:24 am

derrrr trump is the worst

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am

There seems to be a trend with the Republicans in this thread where they're not actually Trump supporters. It's weird, my family has recently switched to this position as well. They're embarrassed to admit to voting Trump so they make sure to bad mouth him and talk about what an embarrassment he's been. And then they say they won't be voting for the man, instead they're voting for the [Republican] party. It's almost as if they know they shouldn't vote for that dadhole so they have to come up with some way to make themselves feel better about their poor choices.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:32 am

I believe the Silent Majority thing to be real. No need to talk politics or let anyone know you're true beliefs if you're going to be repeatedly ridiculed for it.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:35 am

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:56 am

There seems to be a trend with the Republicans in this thread where they're not actually Trump supporters. It's weird, my family has recently switched to this position as well. They're embarrassed to admit to voting Trump so they make sure to bad mouth him and talk about what an embarrassment he's been. And then they say they won't be voting for the man, instead they're voting for the [Republican] party. It's almost as if they know they shouldn't vote for that dadhole so they have to come up with some way to make themselves feel better about their poor choices.
Some of you "non defenders" of the president could have cabinet positions if someone read your posts to him. what bullshit.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:34 am

offsides

Postby offsides » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:56 am

I believe the Silent Majority thing to be real. No need to talk politics or let anyone know you're true beliefs if you're going to be repeatedly ridiculed for it.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:23 pm

maybe, but have you met many silent trump supporters?

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:24 pm

I was fine with Trump all the way up to this COVID thing.

Think of me what you will, but he did what I voted for him to do. He's an ass and a horrible person, but he had the economy going the right way, was trying to protect our borders, etc.

But he totally dropped the ball on COVID (I think anyone would have), but he is taking no responsibility and not trying to help out with the situation. That soured me.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:28 pm

genuine question: what policies/actions did Trump take that actively had an impact on the economy/whatever?

his big promise was the wall and making Mexico pay for it but obviously that's a bust

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:38 pm

He secured the border alright. Now we're all stuck in here.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:39 pm

he lowered corporate tax rates.. one may argue that any republican pres was going to get that done, but he did it so he does get the credit there

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:43 pm

NAN... does that push you into Biden votin' territory?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Benefit to Kamala as VP.
This the glory of the social media political campaigns. They can push out either Kamala is too weak or too strong on crime depending on the receiver. It's a pretty nice deal really, you can motivate the hogs with people burning bibles in Portland to go vote, and depress the african-american vote and keep the civil liberties crowd out of the Biden camp by sending out Kamala, Warrior Cop, ads.
Wouldn’t republicans want to push her prosecution career to as many liberals as possible?

The entire part of campaigning isn’t just to get votes for your candidate, it’s also to turn off people from voting period for another candidate.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:48 pm

I know, I know, but it still shocks me how someone who can say these kind of things openly gets elected in a runoff and potentially has a chance to hold a public office.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm

lol.... "Yes, we have the freedom of religion in this country, BUT if you want to be an elected official, you can't be a muslim."

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:51 pm

it's incredible how many idiots get elected year after year

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:53 pm

The scarier part of this are the voters listening to her and going "Yup, that's right. America and Christianity. **** yeah."