Politics And Current Events

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 am

I feel bad for him too, it honestly really sucks. His music is essentially unlistenable now because he’s not sane enough to produce anything good.

But it’s funny that some people took what he was saying as insightful because it agreed with what they believe. When in fact it’s the ramblings of a sick person

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:26 am

I feel bad for him too, it honestly really sucks. His music is essentially unlistenable now because he’s not sane enough to produce anything good.

But it’s funny that some people took what he was saying as insightful because it agreed with what they believe. When in fact it’s the ramblings of a sick person
Welcome to politics...?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:30 am

Welcome to politics...?
I mean not really but ok

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:44 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 am

Part of me feels bad for Kanye, because he's clearly suffering some sort of defect and is being relegated to literal Token status by Trumpers who don't realize how much Kanye's support of Trump has harmed his standing. But part of me also feels like he married into a family full of experts in shameless self-promotion, so f**k that guy.
Kanye's fanbase is also mostly white kids that are pitchfork readers as opposed black kids, or black men. It's really just a twitterdome news cycle, considering the makeup of the black voting bloc that actually goes and votes reliably, we're talking like older church going folks I presume, they are certainly not going to vote for Kanye. Basically, this is attempting to peal off the segment of the black vote that was not going to vote for Biden anyway.

This is just a news cycle that is starved for rat race stories and will jump all over any angle that contradicts the polling.

Also, Kanye is great at self-promotion, that he's up for this is certainly not surprising, and it's also not surprising that GOP operatives are running around the country trying to get him on the ballot.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

I don't give a **** that you spam twitter, or if I'm dead wrong about what I'm saying. it's just a personal irritation to have wild **** thrown everywhere with zero thought, its like scrolling f***ing facebook in here.
We'll quit picking on Portland so you don't have a mental breakdown. You seem to really care about that city.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Part of me feels bad for Kanye, because he's clearly suffering some sort of defect and is being relegated to literal Token status by Trumpers who don't realize how much Kanye's support of Trump has harmed his standing. But part of me also feels like he married into a family full of experts in shameless self-promotion, so f**k that guy.
Kanye's fanbase is also mostly white kids that are pitchfork readers as opposed black kids, or black men. It's really just a twitterdome news cycle, considering the makeup of the black voting bloc that actually goes and votes reliably, we're talking like older church going folks I presume, they are certainly not going to vote for Kanye. Basically, this is attempting to peal off the segment of the black vote that was not going to vote for Biden anyway.

This is just a news cycle that is starved for rat race stories and will jump all over any angle that contradicts the polling.

Also, Kanye is great at self-promotion, that he's up for this is certainly not surprising, and it's also not surprising that GOP operatives are running around the country trying to get him on the ballot.

Granted I'm old, but I couldn't name or hum a single Kanye song.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:36 pm

I don't give a **** that you spam twitter, or if I'm dead wrong about what I'm saying. it's just a personal irritation to have wild **** thrown everywhere with zero thought, its like scrolling f***ing facebook in here.
We'll quit picking on Portland so you don't have a mental breakdown. You seem to really care about that city.
Thanks, couldn't do it without you.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Thanks, couldn't do it without you.
:thumb:

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Feels as though anytime someone screams "Don't politicize this!" they're guilty of it themselves.
Don't politicize this in a way that doesn't align with my politics!

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:54 pm

I apologize for my whining.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Trump’s Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, admitted yesterday, in a closed-door meeting with lawmakers, that he is behind the wave of mail delays rolling across the country in recent weeks.

The delays have already endangered the lives of people from coast to coast who depend upon the postal service for timely delivery of the medicine they need to stay alive. Millions of others need the Postal Service to deliver essential items that have become even more critical as the pandemic rages.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:52 pm

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:55 pm

Can't believe he's still considering her.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:24 pm

Hmm....

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:41 pm

What the ****, man

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:51 pm

“Open” has a lot of different meanings, but it should be left to the individual districts to decide what level virtual they are.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 pm

Cuomo is following “science.”

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:40 pm

How is it that bob nutting never got appointed to run something in the trump administration? That asshat does a gr8 job **** sht up on purpose

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:15 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:07 am

The Andy ngo grift is something, this is how I know how not serious the Portland stuff is.

But anyway, in case we were wondering if the media has learned anything from 2016, it’s a no.

Putting the Russian effort aside China and Iran rooting against trump is absurd, and to treat whatever nonsense the admin is putting out as objective fact, we live in a click bait hellscape.
The actual senate is conducting an inquiry based on Russian propaganda, this isn’t just like China wants trump to lose, this is like, one of the two major parties has coopted its authority to a foreign actor to influence the course of our diplomacy.
Not sure where things go from here, considering the federal debt burden is eventually a problem, our standing on the global stage is diminishing, which is of course bad when that impacts the cost of the debt, but right, it’s all TDS alarmism.

Look at that 27,000 Dow though! Seems definitely tethered to reality.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:29 am

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:41 am

Cool, maybe he can man the printing press

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:49 am

The Andy ngo grift is something, this is how I know how not serious the Portland stuff is.

But anyway, in case we were wondering if the media has learned anything from 2016, it’s a no.

Putting the Russian effort aside China and Iran rooting against trump is absurd, and to treat whatever nonsense the admin is putting out as objective fact, we live in a click bait hellscape.
The actual senate is conducting an inquiry based on Russian propaganda, this isn’t just like China wants trump to lose, this is like, one of the two major parties has coopted its authority to a foreign actor to influence the course of our diplomacy.
Not sure where things go from here, considering the federal debt burden is eventually a problem, our standing on the global stage is diminishing, which is of course bad when that impacts the cost of the debt, but right, it’s all TDS alarmism.

Look at that 27,000 Dow though! Seems definitely tethered to reality.
Trump came out soft against Russia too after this report came out and tried to downplay it.

What a comrade.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:58 am

Post something more concrete. That video doesn't prove anything