Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 am

Just to be clear, we're mad that DiBlasio is pandering right? Not that we think outside gatherings are high risk activities, right?
The only outside gatherings he is allowing are Black Lives Matter gatherings. Not other outside gatherings. You see the issue, surely?
What does that mean though? It's not like he's closing outdoor parks. People can "gather" at a park and play softball or soccer. I think it's symbolic and pandering, but in practicality it's a meaningless statement. Do you think that he should have the police forcefully disperse a crowd everytime some demonstration is organized on facebook?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:37 am

Anything a Dem does that is seemingly bad is meaningless and/or not worth talking about

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:49 am

Anything a Dem does that is seemingly bad is meaningless and/or not worth talking about
I am trying to form a response to this grievance, but I cannot even grasp what your grievance is.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:52 am

It appears teachers are now turning on Trump with his open or get no federal funds mandate

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Should this go in here?

So when schools reopen and a kid gets diagnosed with the virus. What happens? How many days would have already passed where it would have spread? Do you close the school and clean? Do you close just the rooms he is in and send those in the classroom home? How the hell is any of this going to be manageable when it a kid does show up with it?

All I've really seen so far is they must open, but I haven't seen anything saying this is what will happen when this occurs.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:08 pm

It appears teachers are now turning on Trump with his open or get no federal funds mandate
Were teachers (at large) ever with Trump? :lol:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 412475002/

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said Friday he has not briefed President Donald Trump in at least two months and not seen him in person at the White House since June 2, despite a coronavirus resurgence that has strained hospitals and led several states to pause reopenings.

Fauci told the Financial Times he was "sure" his messages were sent to the president even though the two have not been in close contact in the past several weeks.

The comments from the Trump administration's director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases came as Trump has been critical of Fauci and spoken openly about issues on which they disagree.

In a Thursday interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Trump said Fauci had "made a lot of mistakes" but called him a "nice man." Trump also said "most cases" of coronavirus would "automatically cure. They automatically get better."

Fauci also in the FT interview said Trump was incorrect in claiming 99% of coronavirus cases were "harmless" and may have conflated some statistics.

"I’m trying to figure out where the president got that number," Fauci said. "What I think happened is that someone told him that the general mortality is about 1 percent. And he interpreted, therefore, that 99% is not a problem, when that’s obviously not the case."

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 pm

eh I don't know really. I know a few that were

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:25 pm

eh I don't know really. I know a few that were
Oh I know, I was just joking around. I had an AP Government teacher in high school (great guy) that loathed the NEA, lol. He used to show our class the mailers they would send him...this was during the run up to the 2000 election. He is now a Greek Orthodox priest.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Today I arise into a world world where we have learned that Shaf is two degrees of Kevin Bacon removed from Jeffery Epstein. Yikes.
I keed. That would freak me the f**k out.
Another old Coast Guard friend told me that he actually called Borgerson a couple of months ago to talk to him about CargoMetrics. He said he seemed very agitated/distracted on the phone. I think the heat has been on her for a while.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:00 pm

who cares?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Should this go in here?

So when schools reopen and a kid gets diagnosed with the virus. What happens? How many days would have already passed where it would have spread? Do you close the school and clean? Do you close just the rooms he is in and send those in the classroom home? How the hell is any of this going to be manageable when it a kid does show up with it?

All I've really seen so far is they must open, but I haven't seen anything saying this is what will happen when this occurs.
:thumb:

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm

The Philadelphia Eagles have decided to double-down on anti-semitism.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Just to be clear, we're mad that DiBlasio is pandering right? Not that we think outside gatherings are high risk activities, right?
The only outside gatherings he is allowing are Black Lives Matter gatherings. Not other outside gatherings. You see the issue, surely?
What does that mean though? It's not like he's closing outdoor parks. People can "gather" at a park and play softball or soccer. I think it's symbolic and pandering, but in practicality it's a meaningless statement. Do you think that he should have the police forcefully disperse a crowd everytime some demonstration is organized on facebook?
Why can a mass of protestors march down city blocks, but their can't be a parade or festivals the community usually has? I don't see any difference.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Why can a mass of protestors march down city blocks, but their can't be a parade or festivals the community usually has? I don't see any difference.
Isn't protesting protected under the constitution?? So you couldn't legally shut it down even if you wanted to. I'm asking, but I figure legally that would be the difference.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:27 pm

The sooner people recognize BLM for what it is (rooted in radical Marxist thought with a heavy sprinkling of anti-Semitism), the better. There is going to be pushback at some point. The majority of people jumped on board with the BLM train shortly after Floyd because of how brutal that video was, but people aren't going to take this sht forever.

And by "people", I mean both white, black, Hispanic, etc. people that are tired of the hate coming from these folks.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Protests don’t require preproduction efforts?

I understand the practical similarities, but they are pretty different categories. But I really don’t care, I was just asking if the outrage was because of bilbo’s groveling to blm or the outside thing. Seems like it’s a fluid outrage.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Shannon Sharpe also doubling down, insisting that Farrakhan is not anti-Semitic. That man holds some serious sway over that community.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Shannon Sharpe also doubling down, insisting that Farrakhan is not anti-Semitic. That man holds some serious sway over that community.
Shannon Sharpe and his buddies on ESPN doubled down on AB too until their was enough evidence over time that AB was the nutty one, then they all just shut up.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Protests don’t require preproduction efforts?

I understand the practical similarities, but they are pretty different categories. But I really don’t care, I was just asking if the outrage was because of bilbo’s groveling to blm or the outside thing. Seems like it’s a fluid outrage.
How are BLM protest not pre-produced?

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Especially when it about the COVID and outside affects of it.

I wonder if another group wanted a mass protest (MAGA rally/protest) if he'd allow it. Or if BLM is the only group that got the pass.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Especially when it about the COVID and outside affects of it.

I wonder if another group wanted a mass protest (MAGA rally/protest) if he'd allow it. Or if BLM is the only group that got the pass.
That's the simplest way to approach this. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell De Blasio would approve a right-to-life march in Manhattan right now.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Only 327,999,946 more individuals to be outraged about before we figure out what this country is doing.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Do you think that the degree of effort and planning from local government that goes into a parade is comparable to a street protest? Or are you just being contrarian?