Politics And Current Events

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:36 pm

Idk why but I followed a series of tweets about a pastor criticizing Don Lemonwho said Jesus wasn’t perfect and couldn’t hold my laughter to this response

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Also, we are presuming with certainty the bill was, in fact, counterfeit.
Yeah I don't know, I haven't read anything disputing that. If there's any doubt that would be up to authorities to decide. Which went swimmingly
Just to follow up as a point of clarity, they released pictures of the bills today and this article seems to state they were counterfeit: https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/07/ ... n-cameras/

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Those are much higher quality than Bubs and Johnny tried to pass in The Wire.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Idk why but I followed a series of tweets about a pastor criticizing Don Lemonwho said Jesus wasn’t perfect and couldn’t hold my laughter to this response

Jesus being perfect is kind of the whole basis of Christianity. 2 Corinthians 5:21.

The person in the tweet is dumb.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

It bothers me that the image of the money is rotated 90 degrees

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:09 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Nope.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:13 pm

So my BIL posted an article of one general doubting Russia paid bounties. What am I missing? Was/were the money trail, detainee statements, and the intelligence community proven wrong? I just can’t keep up.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:30 pm

Suspend Russia for one season and dock a draft pick

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 pm

Give Geno and OV citizenship so they can play with Team USA.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 pm

I’ve got a friend who is black and in his 20s. He wears jeans that sag below his ass, usually do-rag or hat with straight brim, and various high tops. Would often be stereotyped. He’s the nicest guy in the world. Does he deserve to be pre-judged? Of course not. But he is. If you dropped him in a certain situation, he would be “suspect” because of his appearance. How is that right?
Couldn't you say the same about any race with the appearance thing? You drop some white dude, or latino dude, or Chinese dude, all tattooed, dressed in "gang" type, or "biker" type attire (make that what you will) into certain situations, they'd be "suspect" as well?

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Me and him are walking down the street together, one of us is more suspicious to a cop than the other. Just by appearance.

Yes, you could say you drop any race into certain situations dressed a certain way and there’s prejudgement. It’s a lot more likely if you’re black, and your appearance can be a lot more “benign.” Regardless, why should anyone be prejudged?

Btw, i wouldn’t say he dresses like he’s in a gang and he’s not tatted up. He just doesn’t dress like a businessman.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Me and him are walking down the street together, one of us is more suspicious to a cop than the other. Just by appearance.

Yes, you could say you drop any race into certain situations dressed a certain way and there’s prejudgement. It’s a lot more likely if you’re black, and your appearance can be a lot more “benign.” Regardless, why should anyone be prejudged?

Btw, i wouldn’t say he dresses like he’s in a gang and he’s not tatted up. He just doesn’t dress like a businessman.
I'm definitely not saying its fair. It sucks.

But i think it happens for different races, appearances, etc.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:03 pm

I don't get the wearing pants saggy like that. Seems very uncomfortable.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:07 pm

I don't get the wearing pants saggy like that. Seems very uncomfortable.
I don’t either, and I never will.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:10 pm

I'm definitely not saying its fair. It sucks.

But i think it happens for different races, appearances, etc.
Yes, it probably happens to different races, to some extent. But where is the biggest issue? Is there a big issue with whites getting profiled? Or Chinese? If so, it should be addressed. But there’s no question that black people do get profiled, and get profiled more often. So why not try to fix that instead of nitpick it? I guess I just don’t understand that part.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 pm

OMG

We are entering new levels of insanity. I am looking forward to hearing how this is justifiable.

"You can go out and gather as long as you are out endorsing causes I support." Churches? Go **** yourself.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 pm

This is one of the main reasons why a bunch of people don’t give a **** anymore in the USA.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:34 am

This is worth a watch. It has started to feel like we've overcorrected so far as a society over the last two months, that between this and the blatant hypocrisy on the part of public officials like De Blasio regarding BLM protests and quarantine rules, that we've actually veered towards black privilege. It just seems like no matter what happens (murder of children by BLM activists in Seattle and subsequent cover up by other witnesses, mass gatherings during COVID, Jackson quoting Hitler), there are a lot of free passes being given out for abhorrent behavior.

Inb4 "fragile white person". But there are a lot of excuses/covering for bad acts right now. The way the media treated Drew Brees vs. DeSean Jackson is a perfect microcosm of that, which becomes even more absurd when you look at Brees' long history of philanthropy and community service vs. Jackson always being a cash-money shtbag as long as he's been in the league.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:16 am

If there is an over correction, do you think it will stay that way? The pendulum has been mentioned several times, and I think we’re seeing that. We are a reactive society. But also an ADD society. Things swing back to “normal,” or maybe just a little off from the old normal.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:26 am

Just to be clear, we're mad that DiBlasio is pandering right? Not that we think outside gatherings are high risk activities, right?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:46 am

lmao were still doing this huh. Im currently watching people walk on a 90% deserted beach wearing masks because this is so serious. But when it comes to protests the chicken little's just need "outdoors" and "some have masks" to be put at completely at ease.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:38 am

Give Geno and OV citizenship so they can play with Team USA.
Change the name to OAR for a year

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:24 am

Just to be clear, we're mad that DiBlasio is pandering right? Not that we think outside gatherings are high risk activities, right?
The only outside gatherings he is allowing are Black Lives Matter gatherings. Not other outside gatherings. You see the issue, surely?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:25 am

The only outside gatherings he is allowing are Black Lives Matter gatherings. Not other outside gatherings. You see the issue, surely?
If you have a problem with this you're part of the problem