Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Seems to be doing good deeds. Guess you’re right.
Couldn't think of this guys name last night but here's a few details. Darren Seals, activist, actually from St. Louis, and was doing actual work because it was his own community, then Deray and BLM gang rode in and made bank. He very publicly called them all out on it, and of course once he started naming names and talking about money he ended up gunned down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... ren-seals/
and he harbored a special contempt for Deray Mckesson, a school administrator who traveled to Ferguson from his home in Minneapolis to join the protests and eventually became among the nation’s most prominent activists. Seals would often take to his social media accounts to level pointed attacks at McKesson and #BlackLivesMatter, an umbrella organization founded after the death of Trayvon Martin that the media quickly linked to the demonstrations in Ferguson.

Millions and millions flowing through the hands of these organizations in the name of Mike Brown yet we still don’t see any of it coming into the ferguson community or being used to help our youth,” Seals wrote on Facebook in May 2015, in a post not atypical of those found on his page. “I’ve been calling all this **** out for months but most of to fake ass movement mfs are just as bad as the oppressors because y’all saw what was going on just as well as I did and y’all sat back and said nothing.”
Those online tensions boiled over physically in February 2015 when, during a protest outside of the Ferguson Police Department, Seals confronted Mckesson ...According to previous interviews with both men, Seals approached and accused Mckesson of stealing money from local protest groups — an accusation often leveled at Mckesson and other prominent activists, but that has never been substantiated. When Mckesson smirked in response, Seals smacked him across the face.
Someone asked about him. I pointed out something good he’s doing. You said he’s awful. I reiterated the thing he’s doing that I think is a good thing. This doesn’t change any of that. I don’t have much opinion on him personally, but I think 8can’twait has smart, logical policy change ideas for police.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:37 pm

ooo this is spicy

I don't believe it's an all or nothing thing, but the way some jumped down Drew Brees, even after his apologies, and their silence on Deshaun Jackson, it's irritating.

On a separate note, I wish Don Lemon lecturing Terry Crews on BLM was in person and Terry would squish him.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/don-lemon ... ves-matter

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Please no more media personalities running for President.
Maddow 2024!

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Please no more media personalities running for President.
:thumb: :thumb: Especially Tucker Carlson. Dude is a turd.
:fist:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:05 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/jeffrey ... esson.html
“It was a critical mistake with it, there is no question Mr. Epstein should’ve never been onboarded, should’ve never been our client,” Sewing told CNBC’s Wilfred Frost. “This must not happen again.”
"Sorry everyone, we really learned our lesson on this one. No more banking and facilitating international sex traffickers."

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:38 pm

I know I need to walk away from my laptop but this DeSean Jackson thing is frustrating

the only pro athletes I could find responding to his comments in any form were Marquise Goodwin, Kevin Durant and Stephen Jackson who all agreed or "+1"ed DeSean's fake quote of Hitler

it's weird man. Brees got eviscerated by fellow athletes and what he said wasn't near as bad as (fake) quoting Hitler.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:46 pm

I know I need to walk away from my laptop but this DeSean Jackson thing is frustrating

the only pro athletes I could find responding to his comments in any form were Marquise Goodwin, Kevin Durant and Stephen Jackson who all agreed or "+1"ed DeSean's fake quote of Hitler

it's weird man. Brees got eviscerated by fellow athletes and what he said wasn't near as bad as (fake) quoting Hitler.
It's not weird at all. Despite doing more for black people in New Orleans than virtually anyone in the history of that city, Drew was eviscerated for a decidedly benign take on kneeling because he is a white person.

DeSean is black. By the standards that have been established by the media and other powers that be, black people are incapable of hate because they are a protected minority. It's as simple as that.

The kosher deli shooting last year was barely a blip on the national radar. None of this is surprising, even if it is frustrating. DeSean is being held to an astronomically lower standard than Brees... You can read into that what you will.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Look no further than the oppression power rankings

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Yeah.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:59 pm

ooo this is spicy

I don't believe it's an all or nothing thing, but the way some jumped down Drew Brees, even after his apologies, and their silence on Deshaun Jackson, it's irritating.

On a separate note, I wish Don Lemon lecturing Terry Crews on BLM was in person and Terry would squish him.

Terry Crews has spoken out twice now and both times MeToo and BLM crushed him.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Yeah, the vicious hatred that Crews has gotten (himself a victim of sexual assault) has been depressing. Dude is one of the most wholesome guys in Hollywood.

There is some serious groupthink going on right now on a national scale, and it's been wild to see how quickly they will devour people who go even slightly against the prescribed dogma.

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm

ooo this is spicy

I just watched that Lemon/Crews piece. It was a very good discussion, with both making very good points. Labeling it as “lecturing” or “scolding” doesn’t represent the discussion and is a way to divide. They had a discussion, disagreed, and were laughing at the end. These are the exact debates that need to happen.

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:25 pm

I hadn’t heard about this crews stuff, and just looked it up (specifically “terry crews backlash”). The responses posted in various articles range from, “we’re definitely not at black lives better yet” and “we should talk about this, but twitter isn’t the place; I’m gonna call you” to “these are the stats” to “you’re an idiot” and “just shut up.” Now, the latter tweets are useless and a waste. However, you’re going to get that anytime you tweet something controversial. The other stuff seemed like people disagreeing on a platform that is awful for discussion.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:39 pm

This was leas than a month ago aimed at Crews. Among others
Yes, Silence Can Be Violence — But These Celebs Should Shut Up

Too many Black stars have made comments condemning the movement for Black lives. It may be time to leave some of your faves behind

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ee2 ... ccounter=2

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm

There isn't a big push to back the Jews for some reason in cases like this...at last check, they're the most victimized by hate crimes in this country...I don't understand it.
I think in general, it's difficult for people to not just clump race/identities/minorities into single blocs. No doubt that there is toxic hate directed from black people at jews that agree with Farrakhan's garbage, and there are also blatantly racist jews.

I think in general it goes back to how people respond to being subjected/insulted/demeaned. I think people either absorb that and then want to inflict that pain and anger towards others, and some and some go through the experience and believe that no one should experience it. So there is a human element to this that transcends traditional oppressed/oppressor narratives.
Did you just "both sides" Jews?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Tear down statues and commit vandalism? No reaction.

Paint over BLM? Hate crime. :lol: This stuff is so dumb.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Oh

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:30 pm

There isn't a big push to back the Jews for some reason in cases like this...at last check, they're the most victimized by hate crimes in this country...I don't understand it.
I think in general, it's difficult for people to not just clump race/identities/minorities into single blocs. No doubt that there is toxic hate directed from black people at jews that agree with Farrakhan's garbage, and there are also blatantly racist jews.

I think in general it goes back to how people respond to being subjected/insulted/demeaned. I think people either absorb that and then want to inflict that pain and anger towards others, and some and some go through the experience and believe that no one should experience it. So there is a human element to this that transcends traditional oppressed/oppressor narratives.
Did you just "both sides" Jews?
Haha yeah, he sure did...Troy has really gone off the rails over the last few months unfortunately...it's just a caricature now. Like when Jim Carrey puts on that mask in that movie where every time he puts on a mask he starts spinning into a leisure suit...but when he takes off the mask, he's just a regular rat-race runner-up...and he tries to get rid of the mask at the end...I forget what it's called...but it's a major character exaggeration now...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:38 pm

Oh

McKenzie said that while he could draw no direct link between any potential payments and U.S. casualties, it’s common that intelligence is not definitive.

“We should always remember, the Russians are not our friends,” said McKenzie, who is traveling in the Middle East. “They are not our friends in Afghanistan. And they do not wish us well, and we just need to remember that at all times when we evaluate that intelligence.”
let me know when Trump says something like this about Putin and Russia, lol

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:49 pm

ooo this is spicy

I just watched that Lemon/Crews piece. It was a very good discussion, with both making very good points. Labeling it as “lecturing” or “scolding” doesn’t represent the discussion and is a way to divide. They had a discussion, disagreed, and were laughing at the end. These are the exact debates that need to happen.
Well then...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Tear down statues and commit vandalism? No reaction.

Paint over BLM? Hate crime. :lol: This stuff is so dumb.

I was going to post this. This is unbelievable. This isn't about whether or not you agree with this couple or not. For the last two months, we have watched rampant vandalism be permitted by numerous city and state governments across the nation. This couple puts black paint over a BLM logo that is in the street, and they are charged with hate crimes, "violation of civil rights", vandalism, etc.

I don't care that the city explicitly allowed the stupid BLM mural in the first place. We've been turning a blind eye to vandalism for weeks now, and now suddenly we care when the sacred cow of Black Lives Matter is the "victim"? Give me a fckin break.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 pm

So there were a few players who like DJax post, Durant, Winston being two of them.

People need to be torching these guys for this stuff.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Wasn’t there a big deal last week about about charging the “ring leader” and three others who attempted to take down an Andrew Jackson statue? Two others were charged in SC. A handful of other incidences are still being investigated. Trump promised jail time for statue vandals.

Both are crimes. Is one a hate crime? I don’t know. I’d be up for that debate. But to act like we’re turning a blind eye to statues and only focusing on this BLM vandalism is straight up incorrect.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:45 pm

Trump paid someone to take his SAT and it's barely news.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm

You actually believe his niece's story?

How quaint.