Politics And Current Events

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Seems to be doing good deeds. Guess you’re right.
Couldn't think of this guys name last night but here's a few details. Darren Seals, activist, actually from St. Louis, and was doing actual work because it was his own community, then Deray and BLM gang rode in and made bank. He very publicly called them all out on it, and of course once he started naming names and talking about money he ended up gunned down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... ren-seals/
and he harbored a special contempt for Deray Mckesson, a school administrator who traveled to Ferguson from his home in Minneapolis to join the protests and eventually became among the nation’s most prominent activists. Seals would often take to his social media accounts to level pointed attacks at McKesson and #BlackLivesMatter, an umbrella organization founded after the death of Trayvon Martin that the media quickly linked to the demonstrations in Ferguson.

Millions and millions flowing through the hands of these organizations in the name of Mike Brown yet we still don’t see any of it coming into the ferguson community or being used to help our youth,” Seals wrote on Facebook in May 2015, in a post not atypical of those found on his page. “I’ve been calling all this **** out for months but most of to fake ass movement mfs are just as bad as the oppressors because y’all saw what was going on just as well as I did and y’all sat back and said nothing.”
Those online tensions boiled over physically in February 2015 when, during a protest outside of the Ferguson Police Department, Seals confronted Mckesson ...According to previous interviews with both men, Seals approached and accused Mckesson of stealing money from local protest groups — an accusation often leveled at Mckesson and other prominent activists, but that has never been substantiated. When Mckesson smirked in response, Seals smacked him across the face.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:59 pm

Legit BLM organizers and leadership don't give 2 **** about what has been referred to here as the woke Olympics. They hate it actually. At least those I've had interactions with.

I sat with Dannielle Brown for 5 hours last night in Freedom Park in the hill district. We talked a little about the "woke Olympics" and cancel culture. She doesn't care. She wants justice not white guilt and name changes.

(Dannielle Brown is the mother of Jaylen Brown)
this is not surprising and pretty much validates the stance most of us are taking that the Woke Olympics aren't helping. Theyre actually distracting from the actual issue.
I think it's making it worse IMO.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:01 pm

who is it distracting?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:07 pm

The people who complain about it :slug:

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:09 pm

who is it distracting?
I think it causes a divide. Again, immediately after GF death, I think you saw an overall, cross party, cross race, cross (insert anything) agreement that police reform was in order.

But then when things start going to one extreme, then it starts getting push back at the other extreme, until what was a common goal becomes another point of contention.

Again, this board is a microcosm of society. Where are the lines drawn? When does the pandering stop? etc. etc.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:11 pm

You hillbillies aren't a microcosm for anything but other yinzers.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:12 pm

You hillbillies aren't a microcosm for anything but other yinzers.
:scared:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 pm

As the only real Hillbilly-American here I take offense to the characterization that yinzers are hillbillies.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:22 pm

NAN

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:27 pm

this board is a microcosm of society

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:28 pm

As the only real Hillbilly-American here I take offense to the characterization that yinzers are hillbillies.
Pennsyltuckian checking in...

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Off-duty Langston University officer opens fire on alleged shoplifting suspect outside Del City Walmart
https://www.koco.com/article/police-res ... t/33179567

Let's ignore that this cop wasn't on duty, but still carrying and wearing a police vest. Let's ignore that he's an officer with the university, not the city. Let's also ignore that he fired his gun sideways. Is suspected shoplifting REALLY worth shooting somebody in the middle of a Walmart parking lot?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 pm

Calling a Pennsyltuckian a Hillbilly is like calling a Boer who moved to Florida an African-American.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Let's ignore that this cop wasn't on duty, but still carrying and wearing a police vest.
Unrelated to anything, but my parents knew a state cop who would put on his uniform before taking his family to restaurants because my places would give a "police" discount.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Calling a Pennsyltuckian a Hillbilly is like calling a Boer who moved to Florida an African-American.
Boars are pigs... not African-American. Everyone knows this...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:37 pm

California removes anti-discrimination language from state constitution to promote discrimination to help certain races advance...

https://fee.org/articles/california-leg ... imination/

*nods with sh*t-eating grin*
I heard rumblings they were going to find a a way to repeal 209. So bizarre to see a legislature celebrate the codifying of discrimination.
As long as they only discriminate against straight white males they'll be defeating the patriarchy and white privilege.
This..... all of it...... is just :lol:

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:41 pm

If you trivialize a cause with frivolities, you dilute and undermine the message...

If you put together a list of you think Ovechkin is worse than Crosby, and one of your points is his yellow laces, that's where the attention goes...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:47 pm

I don't know who 'Stephen L. Miller' is, but his tweets get shared so much he should be made an honorary member of 5AF.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:50 pm

who is it distracting?
I think it causes a divide. Again, immediately after GF death, I think you saw an overall, cross party, cross race, cross (insert anything) agreement that police reform was in order.

But then when things start going to one extreme, then it starts getting push back at the other extreme, until what was a common goal becomes another point of contention.

Again, this board is a microcosm of society. Where are the lines drawn? When does the pandering stop? etc. etc.
I very much think this is not as true as it seemed. As soon as something like this happens, there's an immediate divide on respecting the troops and cops, and respecting life. Unless you're talking about the day after, then it's quickly spun into the latter you're describing.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:52 pm

NAN
Typical view that everyone has to get in line with the woke Olympics or else the response is "why do you care", "you are racist", etc.

Want to change the world w/o any challenge. And if someone challenges either explode or deflect.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:54 pm

I don't know who 'Stephen L. Miller' is, but his tweets get shared so much he should be made an honorary member of 5AF.
He's a contributing author for National Review, Fox News, and the NY Post. So...

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Off-duty Langston University officer opens fire on alleged shoplifting suspect outside Del City Walmart

Let's ignore that this cop wasn't on duty, but still carrying and wearing a police vest. Let's ignore that he's an officer with the university, not the city. Let's also ignore that he fired his gun sideways. Is suspected shoplifting REALLY worth shooting somebody in the middle of a Walmart parking lot?
Who's ignorning that? They are doing an investigation and everything you named was stated in the article. The dude may be arrested.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 pm

He's a contributing author for National Review, Fox News, and the NY Post. So...
He's a normal person?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:04 pm

So the kicking student visa holders out is to force Universities to open or lose their students via deportation.

Really **** up reasoning imo

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Who's ignorning that? They are doing an investigation and everything you named was stated in the article. The dude may be arrested.
Nobody is. I'm saying EVEN if we ignore all those things.