Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Was she charged yet?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:15 pm

I would suspect she’s going to be charged then, which is good if she killed her husband.

I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I’m sure we’ll argue about it.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:29 pm

The issue was saying she definitely killed him when there was no evidence of such until (maybe) now.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:38 pm

The evidence was a stupid story that no one with any common sense and capable of turning off the section of their brains that has been annexed by Donald Trump couldve or should've bought.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 pm

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Special thanks to Freddy for reviving the most polarizing topic in the PDT

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Just because you have an abundant hospital capacity doesn't mean you're required to use it

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:43 pm

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm

At least they didn't put it on a syrup bottle

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:47 pm

At least they didn't put it on a syrup bottle
We don't know what they are going to do with that photo.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:48 pm

That photo op was one of the most egregious and pathetic attempts by Congressional Democrats to pander to their victimhood politics bloc, and that is saying a lot by their lofty standards.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:03 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Knowing Walter Reed he was worse off after he left.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:49 pm

That photo op was one of the most egregious and pathetic attempts by Congressional Democrats to pander to their victimhood politics bloc, and that is saying a lot by their lofty standards.
No, Kente cloth worn by Democrats is not a symbol of slavery
At the Democratic event, members of the Congressional Black Caucus distributed the Kente cloths to their colleagues. The sight of white politicians draped in the Kente cloth drew barbs from people who saw it as a superficial use of African symbolism. Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., head of the Congressional Black Caucus, didn’t see it that way.

"The significance of the Kente cloth is our African heritage and for those of you without that heritage who are acting in solidarity," Bass told reporters.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 pm

I for one am shocked that the head of the CBC and a fellow Democrat is defending the Democrats for wearing a kente cloth.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:02 pm

At the Democratic event, members of the Congressional Black Caucus distributed the Kente cloths to their colleagues. The sight of white politicians draped in the Kente cloth drew barbs from people who saw it as a superficial use of African symbolism. Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., head of the Congressional Black Caucus, didn’t see it that way.

"The significance of the Kente cloth is our African heritage and for those of you without that heritage who are acting in solidarity," Bass told reporters.
No no. There is a slavery link, so they promote slavery.

Am I doing this right?

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 pm

I have followed this board from its inception. There is little to no quality hockey talk here unfortunately, which is why i waited until now to finally join. EPP & Godric were very entertaining, yinz should bring them back into the fold, columbia too. I'm sure they are bored during quarantine.
Lol

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Republicans do this, and the news would say it’s the most racist thing ever done.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Atlanta cop is going to walk.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Yes.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:46 pm

**** is about to go downhill very quickly in Atlanta. It doesn't sound like the suburban departments are too keen on helping the Atlanta city government out either.

https://decaturish.com/2020/06/atlanta- ... rd-brooks/

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:56 pm

So what happens to the neighborhoods that are calling for the abolishing of the police, and then all the officers in those areas just leave prior to any systematic change? I assume chaos.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 pm

I saw several tweets from people that called 911 and were informed the response time would be at least two hours.

I was also reading more about the DA in Fulton County today. He is up for reelection in August. And then this:

https://allongeorgia.com/georgia-state- ... ooks-case/

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says it was unaware that Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard planned to file charges against the officers involved in the Rayshard Brooks case while the agency was still conducting its investigation.

Approximately an hour after Howard announced the charges Wednesday, the agency posted on social media:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested by the Atlanta Police Department on Friday night, June 12th, to investigate an officer involved shooting at the Wendy’s Restaurant on University Avenue. We are in the process of conducting this investigation. Although we have made significant progress in the case, we have not completed our work. Our goal in every officer involved shooting case we are requested to review, is to complete a thorough, impartial investigation before we submit the file to the respective District Attorney’s Office.

The GBI was not aware of today’s press conference before it was conducted. We were not consulted on the charges filed by the District Attorney. Despite today’s occurrence, the GBI will complete its mission of completing an impartial and thorough investigation of this incident and we will submit the file, once completed, to the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office.
Also of note:
Howard said Wednesday that Brooks never displayed any “aggressive behavior” toward the officers during the nearly 42-minute exchange with officers, while referring to Brooks as ‘jovial.’ He went on to say that the officers failed to provide “timely” medical attention to Brooks after he was shot and that Rolfe kicked Brooks as he was lying on the ground, “fighting for his life.”
"Jovial". An intoxicated guy that ends up fighting officers and stealing their taser is "jovial". I'm not saying the shooting was justified but there is some really shady sht going on in that city right now.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:47 pm

In the last year, I’ve heard on this message board that San Fran, Seattle, Pittsburgh, NYC, LA, Philly, and now Atlanta are going to hell in a handbasket. Seems like all those places are still fine however...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 pm

I notice that the Atlanta going to hell in a handbasket thing happens the week that their mayor is rumored to be a VP candidate