Politics And Current Events

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 30, 2020 1:59 pm

They probably shouldn't have bothered then. With any of it.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Why is it so hard to admit that being black in America is incredibly difficult? The color of their skin has an effect on literally every aspect of their lives. How often are you reminded that you’re white? My guess is it doesn’t come up very often and especially not as a negative.

As for how can white people be part of the solution, here’s a good article on how to be an ally, along with some good resources at the end.
https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/artic ... white-ally
I think we all agree its difficult to be African American. No one is saying that.

It also doesn't say to resort to violence and destruction in your link and mentions to not to try to be a savior.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat May 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Cheer up, ma'am. Woke, white, lefty pube beards know whats best for you, and they say it's this. You're insurance company will go 2 towns over to get all your basic necessities for you to live.

Last edited by NailedPenguin on Sat May 30, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Why is it so hard to admit that being black in America is incredibly difficult? The color of their skin has an effect on literally every aspect of their lives. How often are you reminded that you’re white? My guess is it doesn’t come up very often and especially not as a negative.

As for how can white people be part of the solution, here’s a good article on how to be an ally, along with some good resources at the end.
I think we all agree its difficult to be African American. No one is saying that.

It also doesn't say to resort to violence and destruction in your link and mentions to not to try to be a savior.
Anytime somebody brings up it being difficult, the responses have been “but it’s better than it was” or “but what about poor white people?” There shouldn’t be a but.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 2:03 pm

So I'm a little confused. It seemed as if the riots were blamed on outside groups. And now the violence/destruction is getting blamed on African Americans. Which is it?

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Source of the post There are other avenues where you don't need to insight violence and destruction to make a point.

Then why have none of them worked? Why are we still, in 2020 - 50+ years after MLK - dealing with the same level of **** that he and the Civil Rights protestors fought for?

Where has peaceful protest gotten black people?

It's so goddamn easy for any of us to sit here and say "Oh they should be peaceful" when we will never have to deal with any of these things they deal with because we are white.
This narrative is just so, so wrong. Do you honestly and truthfully think that things haven't improved for the African American community in the past 50- 70 years?

Oh...and if white people aren't allowed to engage in the discussion because we'll never understand, how are we supposed to be part of the solution?
Please tell me where you're getting this from, as that is not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying we, as white people, can't fault black people for protesting how they want because we'll never have to deal with the issues. We should not be telling them how they should be reacting to racial injustice. I thought that point was fairly clear, but it's pretty obvious that there's a group ITT that does not want to consider that and will miss the point entirely because it does not fit their sheltered view of the world. It's too easy to sit in the glass house and say "They shouldn't react like that" while completely missing the point of why they are reacting that way in the first place.

I'm backing out. This whole discussion has just become pointless deflecting.
You specifically said there has been no movement since mlk.

No one is missing the point as to why they are protesting. No one should have to endure destruction and violence nce as well.

Christ. The black live leaders are saying the same exact thing. Seems you white saviors are the ones missing the point. I'd rather be a white ally

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Sat May 30, 2020 2:06 pm

So I'm a little confused. It seemed as if the riots were blamed on outside groups. And now the violence/destruction is getting blamed on African Americans. Which is it?
I’d consult Trump’s twitter feed.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Nobody is being a white savior here. We’re following the piece of advice in that article of “Talk to other white people.”

I’m out I think. My point has been made and at this point it’s just talking in circles.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Anytime somebody brings up it being difficult, the responses have been “but it’s better than it was” or “but what about poor white people?” There shouldn’t be a but.
The only time if you dig through that people say it is better is when someone says it has not progressed at all.

There is still a ton of work to do.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:11 pm

outside groups have multiple races, included black.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 pm

1. People here have said how difficult it is being black, and how we personally could never understand.

2. You guys bring it up that we are white every debate.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Nobody is being a white savior here. We’re following the piece of advice in that article of “Talk to other white people.”

I’m out I think. My point has been made and at this point it’s just talking in circles.
And I'm following the advice of actually listen to African Americans. Black live matter leaders, black citizens in the cities being destroyed, and even the family of the deceased are pleading violence and destruction is not the way to go.

But insurance!

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Oh THAT’s what you’ve been doing. Carry on then.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Oh THAT’s what you’ve been doing. Carry on then.
Will do.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 pm

And I'm following the advice of actually listen to African Americans. Black live matter leaders, black citizens in the cities being destroyed, and even the family of the deceased are pleading violence and destruction is not the way to go.

But insurance!
The privileged white people know better than them.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Sat May 30, 2020 2:19 pm

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... e-1007816/

reminds me of kevin white

also, from the piece
“I love CNN… but I gotta say to CNN right now: Karma’s a mother. Stop feeding fear and anger every day. Stop making people feel so fearful and give them hope,” Killer Mike said.

al ofl the cable news is **** with fox and cnn leading the way
****, the both of them

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm

I’m sure George Soros is at fault for all of this...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Saw on instagram there are supposed to be at least one gathering in Pittsburgh at 230

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 pm

also, from the piece
“I love CNN… but I gotta say to CNN right now: Karma’s a mother. Stop feeding fear and anger every day. Stop making people feel so fearful and give them hope,” Killer Mike said.

****, the both of them
They weren't going for CNN last night in Atlanta. There was a precinct in that building

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Saw on instagram there are supposed to be at least one gathering in Pittsburgh at 230
WPXI live feed:
https://www.wpxi.com/live-breaking/

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

also, from the piece

****, the both of them
Killer Mike echoing a lot of the black lives leaders.

Hell of a speach.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat May 30, 2020 2:46 pm

I have a feeling you wouldn’t be a fan of some of Killer Mike’s other work, nan. :lol:

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 pm

I have a feeling you wouldn’t be a fan of some of Killer Mike’s other work, nan. :lol:
RtJs new album drops this week

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Probably not.

But he is being a leader in a time of need.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2020 3:15 pm

This is, by far, the dumbest comparison I've seen thrown around lately.