Politics And Current Events

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Sat May 30, 2020 11:06 am

Something isn’t right. Is this whole video staged?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 30, 2020 11:07 am

Some people just want to watch the world burn. It’s why trump is president.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 11:07 am

Those inciting riots got exactly what they wanted, whether that be the police or white people.
:lol:

So the black people had nothing to do with inciting it? They were just innocent pawns to weak to function independently? I know you will never put any blame back on the people doing the rioting but come on man.
I just think people need to realize that **** hits a breaking point and until that breaking point is hit, nothing changes

The perfect example was the Rodney King riots. Nothing really changed until that happened. I’m not saying those who rioted were right....but being peaceful is hard. It takes a lot of self restraint that 90 percent of Americans don’t have

It’s easy to SAY stay peaceful but guess what, we are on a **** message board and if we were all put in one room, it would be a full out brawl.
Last edited by Trip McNeely on Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 11:07 am

Those inciting riots got exactly what they wanted, whether that be the police or white people.

So the black people had nothing to do with inciting it? They were just innocent pawns to weak to function independently? I know you will never put any blame back on the people doing the rioting but come on man.
Was responding to Freddy’s tweet thread that put the blame on outside white people. I do believe (and it has been shown) that the protests started peacefully and were incited to a breaking point. Once that happens and mob mentality kicks in, it’s a dangerous situation. I don’t really know who is to blame with the rioting. I do know it wouldn’t be happening if there wasn’t a giant problem with our country.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 11:14 am

I just think people need to realize that **** hits a breaking point and until that breaking point is hit, nothing changes

The perfect example was the Rodney King riots. Nothing really changed until that happened. I’m not saying those who rioted were right....but being peaceful is hard. It takes a lot of self restraint that 90 percent of Americans don’t have

It’s easy to SAY stay peaceful but guess what, we are on a **** message board and if we were all put in one room, it would be a full out brawl.
I definitely wouldn’t throw a punch until I got punched.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2020 11:14 am

It's like people have the memories of goldfish.

We live in a world where folks are memory-holing Ferguson, Baltimore, Portland, etc... and they want to elect the dude who just said Blacks who wander off the plantation are race traitors.

Our options this year are Roger Sterling and an incompetent boob whose vocabulary is subhuman.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 am

We live in a world where folks are memory-holing Ferguson, Baltimore, Portland, etc... and they want to elect the dude who just said Blacks who wander off the plantation are race traitors.

Our options this year are Roger Sterling and an incompetent boob whose vocabulary is subhuman.
Yea that’s what Biden said....ok buddy

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 11:17 am

Ok buddy. I’m sure. You really have a high view of yourself....which is surprising because I honest to god though you were a teenager for the first year or so of the boards creation

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2020 11:25 am

Yea that’s what Biden said....ok buddy
If that's not what he said then why did he apologize for that?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 11:27 am

Ok buddy. I’m sure. You really have a high view of yourself....which is surprising because I honest to god though you were a teenager for the first year or so of the boards creation
I’m surprised you are anything in the medical field. I thought you were just a freeloader...

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 11:29 am

“Freeloader.” It’s like you turn to your GOP book of insults anytime somebody comes at you.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 11:29 am

Anyone upset about the federal agent killed in San Fran last night?

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 11:31 am

“Freeloader.” It’s like you turn to your GOP book of insults anytime somebody comes at you.
Same thing happened above with "racist". Just from the lib notebook.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 11:31 am

I just can’t compare to nobody. He’s a civil servant, a lawyer, a businessman, and now a scientist all at the same time. It’s very impressive

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 11:32 am

Haven’t seen it. I don’t think you understand that it’s not a competition. Murder is bad. My guess is whoever killed that agent will be prosecuted. That’s all anybody wants.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 11:32 am

You literally just went to the leftist handbook to find racist. Lol.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 11:34 am

I just can’t compare to nobody. He’s a civil servant, a lawyer, a businessman, and now a scientist all at the same time. It’s very impressive
It is very impressive.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 11:41 am

Haven’t seen it. I don’t think you understand that it’s not a competition. Murder is bad. My guess is whoever killed that agent will be prosecuted. That’s all anybody wants.
:fist:

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 11:45 am

:fist:
Did we just agree on something? I would assume that the person who killed the agent will be aggressively pursued and charged to the fullest extent of the law. All I want is for that same action to be taken against police who kill citizens. And if it takes rioting and destruction of property to make that happen, then so be it.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 11:49 am

Did we just agree on something? I would assume that the person who killed the agent will be aggressively pursued and charged to the fullest extent of the law. All I want is for that same action to be taken against police who kill citizens. And if it takes rioting and destruction of property to make that happen, then so be it.
Yes, and I agree with you on everything you said except for "if it takes rioting and destruction of property to make it happen" that's where we diverge. And that's where are "fight" is taking place in this thread.

That to me is counterproductive, ruins additional lives, and is mainly instigated by people that don't give a damn about the core issues.

I think we want the same thing overall, it's how to get there where we clash.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 11:50 am

is mainly instigated by people that don't give a damn about the core issues.
Do you have any proof of this?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2020 11:52 am

That's what the local authorities in Minnesota are saying.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 11:58 am

That's what the local authorities in Minnesota are saying.
I see that now. The mayor is blaming it on white nationalist groups

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 11:59 am

Yes, and I agree with you on everything you said except for "if it takes rioting and destruction of property to make it happen" that's where we diverge. And that's where are "fight" is taking place in this thread.

That to me is counterproductive, ruins additional lives, and is mainly instigated by people that don't give a damn about the core issues.

I think we want the same thing overall, it's how to get there where we clash.
Property can be fixed. The large stores getting hit are insured. If that’s all it takes to stop police from murdering citizens that’s a great trade off.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm basing it off of law enforcement, local leaders, and BLM leaders press conferences throughout the day and in past year directly stating this where people of all races come into protests just to insight chaos.