grunthy

Politics And Current Events

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:02 am

"They should protest peacefully"

*protest peacefully*

"No, not like that"

*Rinse, repeat, until the riots start*

"Why can't they protest peacefully?"

Who was against the protesters that were peaceful?

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 10:04 am

I get the feeling there’s a few people in here who by default now condemn the actual protest, which then by default accept and are fine with police being executioners.

(If we’re living in that all or nothing world).

I can’t begin to imagine what it’s like to be black on a daily basis, And have to deal with what they deal with when it comes to police. I don’t condone anything they’ve done when it comes to the destruction of property and committing more crimes.

I do have to wonder what you’re expecting from a group of people that have been either oppressed or dealt with by systematic racism for seemingly their entire lives?

I’m on the side thinking that what they’re doing now is incredibly wrong and counterproductive, but I’m also not going to pretend these people are ever going to be given a true seat at the table, given the history of our country and the repeated issues that happen.
A lot of the looters and rioters are white as well. These people don't care about fixing racism in this country that are doing this. They are taking advantage of a horrible situation to cause violence and destruction.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 am

*protest peacefully*

"No, not like that"

He's going to point to Kapernick.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 am

How do you know what they care about?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:07 am

What does burning down and looting small business owners have to do with with trying to end racism?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am

I'm not sure why you're asking me that. Did I say it would?
Last edited by willeyeam on Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am

This should go well

Did you see the stream of 4 tweets he wrote before that? It's insane. This is the POTUS. Its embarrassing and harmful. People will still vote for him though.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am

I'm with tif. I got what he's saying. Plant/grow. That's what our country does, doesn't mean he's out there promoting the rioting. Some of you guys love looking for a fight. So dumb.
He isn't condemning it either. So he is definitely approving of it.
Ahh yes, the all or nothing view of life. No gray ever allowed, especially on hockey message boards
Let tif respond if my accusation is incorrect.

@tifosi77

Do you condemn these rioters?
Tif, get up from you slumber on the west coast and answer the question!

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 am

*protest peacefully*

"No, not like that"

No.

This happens every. Single. Time.

People go out to peacefully protest, and then people complain (does not have to be on this board) about how those people are peacefully protesting.

Black people cannot win. If they do peacefully protest, there's a fairly vocal group of people who will find a way to complain about how they are conducting their peaceful protest. Heck, even the current president has called peaceful protestors "sons of dodints".

How are they supposed to conduct peaceful protests if the goalposts for what constitutes as peaceful and acceptable keeps getting moved?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 10:10 am

This should go well

Did you see the stream of 4 tweets he wrote before that? It's insane. This is the POTUS. Its embarrassing and harmful. People will still vote for him though.
If the steam of tweets was read in an English accent, you would think it’s a scene with Jofrey Baratheon

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 am

*protest peacefully*

"No, not like that"

No.

People go out to peacefully protest, and then people complain (does not have to be on this board) about how those people are peacefully protesting.

Black people cannot win. If they do peacefully protest, there's a fairly vocal group of people who will find a way to complain about how they are conducting their peaceful protest. Heck, even the current president has called peaceful protestors "sons of dodints".

How are they supposed to conduct peaceful protests if the goalposts for what constitutes as peaceful and acceptable keeps getting moved?
Please show a reputable source that shows people were against these people protesting peacefully. Like before the rioters started burning down **** and looting.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:16 am

Seems fairly ignorant to act like it doesn't happen.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 am

When police stop breaking into the wrong houses and executing people, murdering people on sidewalks with no cause to even touch the guy, stopping people for driving while black and capping them for reaching for a licence, planting guns and drugs to create convicts out of regular citizens, killing arrested people on the way to booking, then maybe I'll give a rats ass about a food lion or Starbucks.
It's weird how nobody seems to remember what species they are. This is the same brain you have, under some f***ed up circumstances. This is what humans do when they've had enough. They're attacking structures because if they fought with the police the way the police fight them, they would get mowed down by these psychopaths. A war in the streets to gun down the darkies is probably these fake soldiers' dream.
If you wouldn't do the same thing when you see your kids getting wasted by cops all the time, you're either so shaded by luxury that you can't comprehend the action, or you'd rather just separate yourself from the "opportunistic criminals" so you can ignore it like it's black people dying somewhere else.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:23 am

Yes I am sure there were some that didn’t like the Message of the protesters.

Find this overwhelming proof you seem to have that implies it was mainstream.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:24 am

When police stop breaking into the wrong houses and executing people, murdering people on sidewalks with no cause to even touch the guy, stopping people for driving while black and capping them for reaching for a licence, planting guns and drugs to create convicts out of regular citizens, killing arrested people on the way to booking, then maybe I'll give a rats ass about a food lion or Starbucks.
It's weird how nobody seems to remember what species they are. This is the same brain you have, under some f***ed up circumstances. This is what humans do when they've had enough. They're attacking structures because if they fought with the police the way the police fight them, they would get mowed down by these psychopaths. A war in the streets to gun down the darkies is probably these fake soldiers' dream.
If you wouldn't do the same thing when you see your kids getting wasted by cops all the time, you're either so shaded by luxury that you can't comprehend the action, or you'd rather just separate yourself from the "opportunistic criminals" so you can ignore it like it's black people dying somewhere else.
:thumb: :thumb:

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 30, 2020 10:28 am

The thing is the police have incited the rioting. There are too many videos of seemingly peaceful protests being “broken up” with drive-by macing from cop cars or tear gas coming in. The police responded to these protests entirely differently than they did to the lockdown protests. Did they even show up in riot gear to those protests? It’s crazy how unafraid they were of white folks holding ARs and how terrified they are of black people holding signs.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:34 am

When did I ever imply it was mainstream?

You're putting words into my mouth. This conversation is done. I'm not falling for this **** today.

Alternatively, check the VPs most recent tweet regarding "peaceful protest" then find the article about how he stormed out of a Colts game because players kneeled.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 am

The thing is the police have incited the rioting. There are too many videos of seemingly peaceful protests being “broken up” with drive-by macing from cop cars or tear gas coming in. The police responded to these protests entirely differently than they did to the lockdown protests. Did they even show up in riot gear to those protests? It’s crazy how unafraid they were of white folks holding ARs and how terrified they are of black people holding signs.
Bingo. And what you said yesterday was on point.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 am

:face:

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 10:39 am

No.

There are probably a small vocal minority out there that will complain because they are racist and will try to cause issues.

I think the vast majority of people would be fine if there are organized, peaceful protesting. I don't know what goalposts are being moved.

Maybe I'm wrong, can you bring up some specific examples?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:40 am

When did I ever imply it was mainstream?

You're putting words into my mouth. This conversation is done. I'm not falling for this **** today.

Alternatively, check the VPs most recent tweet regarding "peaceful protest" then find the article about how he stormed out of a Colts game because players kneeled.
You are the one that said that sequence happened every single time. I asked for you to provide an example for this protest. Why are you getting so defensive?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2020 10:41 am

Worth remembering in the outrage machine.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 10:41 am

Plant grow.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 am

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 am

Worth remembering in the outrage machine.

These people are people coming from out of state to cause mass destruction and violence. They don't care about Greg Flloyd.