Politics And Current Events

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu May 28, 2020 1:49 pm

I think you're putting more steps in his head than he's capable of stitching together.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 pm

For what it's worth, I never believed HCQ would work because it was obvious Trump was pushing it for business purposes, and doesn't know Jack's*** or care if it works.
They were studying this drug prior to trump’s dumbass comments.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu May 28, 2020 2:36 pm

For what it's worth, I never believed HCQ would work because it was obvious Trump was pushing it for business purposes, and doesn't know Jack's*** or care if it works.
They were studying this drug prior to trump’s dumbass comments.
That doesn't change anything.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:53 pm

These people are lowlife scum of the Earth. It never ceases to amaze me how many of these people come out of the woodwork and take advantage of these incidents. And no, I'm not comparing them to that murdering pig.
Video captured people running out of Target and Cub Foods with their arms full of merchandise. Meanwhile, fires shot up at various businesses — from a Wendy’s to an Autozone — and some burned without fire crews there to battle the flames.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Yeah, they burned through the Floyd sympathy pretty quickly. There's something to be said for playing from the upper hand but that opportunity is gone.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu May 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Or, they could put the four people responsible for a man's death in jail. That might help too.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu May 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Here's my takeaways from the last few pages.
-put me in the anti-anti grunties category (lol I liked that post from c2i)
-mikey is dead wrong and should go to a different thread for calling out that 3.5 years of the same commentary about trumps social media is pointless and boring
-but grunty posting a lot about HCQ over a 2 month period is not allowed
-no hypocrisy there at all

Most importantly, @tifosi77 hit the nail on the head with the Minnesota thing. Nobody here or anywhere thinks what happened was even remotely acceptable. The guys were fired immediately. One will for sure rot in prison. I don't understand the point of violent protests. Protesting something everyone agrees with you on is just weird.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 28, 2020 4:27 pm

I don't think the 'for sure' is as slam dunk as you might think. There is a very bad trend lately of appeals courts deferring to qualified immunity for officers.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu May 28, 2020 4:42 pm

I don't think the 'for sure' is as slam dunk as you might think. There is a very bad trend lately of appeals courts deferring to qualified immunity for officers.
I really hope that's not the case. You have to figure most police officers would prefer this guy to burn for the benefit of their own safety.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 28, 2020 4:52 pm

I would not want to be a police officer right now. There's obviously an issue, up to debate how widespread it is. But I think you could say most of them aren't terrible. Sucks for the good ones

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 28, 2020 4:55 pm

I would not want to be a police officer right now. There's obviously an issue, up to debate how widespread it is. But I think you could say most of them aren't terrible. Sucks for the good ones
I can't remember what specific event caused it but I remember a few years ago some cops were executed in their cars by someone trying to get revenge on "cops" in general (which is funny/sad because obviously those cops had absolutely nothing to do with the incident). I'm afraid either this is gonna happen again or more bad cops are gonna be on edge and we might have a repeat of the Floyd murder

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 pm

This is commonplace.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Is there any actual detail on the order? Are we even supposed to comment on the tweet about Trump? :scared:

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu May 28, 2020 5:19 pm

What a **** baby.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 pm

I know we are not allowed to say anything other than OMG TRUMP IS A MONSTER LOLZ....

but...anyone want to explain how Joe Biden shuts down the country in February and no one loses their job?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 28, 2020 5:28 pm

good deflection

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 5:30 pm

good deflection
I think we are done here.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu May 28, 2020 5:37 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 28, 2020 5:52 pm

I know we are not allowed to say anything other than OMG TRUMP IS A MONSTER LOLZ....

but...anyone want to explain how Joe Biden shuts down the country in February and no one loses their job?

Yeah I mean this whole thing kind of has to coincide with high unemployment. I suppose there could have been a bigger effort to mobilize those unemployed in a testing/tracing effort. But it would still be sky high

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu May 28, 2020 6:08 pm

I’ll never tired of this.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Klobuchar is done.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu May 28, 2020 6:39 pm

If anyone's tired of seeing something, ignore it. If you're sick of defending someone, don't then. Any group of people would get under each other's skin after this long. Sure I don't need to make fun of Trump's micro-penis so much, any more than shat needs to mention lunch meat every time a girl is fat. You don't need the masses to know that tweet by Gaylord McLGBTQ has been said to be false by the YouTuber Libtard_MurdererX.
We know ourselves, and nobody else on the planet ever cared except for when one was a cop killer and the time a guy said madden was "stealing his content" about arena nachos.
This is a contained playground, so f***in play.

Buyukishaw

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Worth noting that 'fraudulent' and 'erroneous' have two very very different connotations. And also:
He said the error did not change the overall study findings. It did mean that the Australian data in the paper would be revised to four hospitals and 63 deaths,.
Australia as a whole only had 61 deaths as of April 14th. They said they pulled data to that date, if I remember correctly.
Right, I'm not disputing that. I'm taking umbrage at the suggestion that there was some sort of malice aforethought at play here, that they were deliberately trying to create a false narrative and skew the data as opposed to just reporting the data incorrectly. If I read the story right, the hospital in question designated itself as 'Australasia' based on its geography, instead of 'Asia' based on its patient's demographics. That doesn't seem like it should be characterized as 'fraud' to me, and I think it's reckless to throw that term around in this context. (To be clear, it was mikey using the term, not you)
Also, they said they collected approximately 63,000 hospitalized patients from North America from 559 hospitals. On April 14, there were 67,000 total hospitalized patients in NA. I doubt they collected almost every single hospitalized patient in NA.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Dumb MAGA people gathering in crowds.