Politics And Current Events

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 28, 2020 11:16 am

Any thoughts on the article posted as opposed to the poster...? That article, if nothing else, reads like a conspiracy theorist's dream boat...but I also don't know anything about the database thing it's talking about...
Quite honestly I think we've mostly learned engaging with nobody is a long winding road to nowhere. I don't think you're going to get a response
Yeah, you guys do nothing but that at this point. That's why I was asking Trip if he had thoughts on the thing, not the...thingee?

I mean, look at the events...nobody posts an article and c2i et al. come down and just flame away without even pretending to frame it as being related to what was posted...I'm not saying nobody isn't inflammatory too a fair bit, but damn, no mirrors in your houses...?
Plant, grow... this is a prime example of that.
No it isn’t.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 28, 2020 11:20 am

https://academic.oup.com/aje/advance-ar ... 93/5847586
Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk Covid-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis
Talks about Remdesivir and HCQ. Dr. Harvey Risch, Yale Professor of Epidemiology.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am

Any thoughts on the article posted as opposed to the poster...? That article, if nothing else, reads like a conspiracy theorist's dream boat...but I also don't know anything about the database thing it's talking about...
Quite honestly I think we've mostly learned engaging with nobody is a long winding road to nowhere. I don't think you're going to get a response
Yeah, you guys do nothing but that at this point. That's why I was asking Trip if he had thoughts on the thing, not the...thingee?

I mean, look at the events...nobody posts an article and c2i et al. come down and just flame away without even pretending to frame it as being related to what was posted...I'm not saying nobody isn't inflammatory too a fair bit, but damn, no mirrors in your houses...?
Plant, grow... this is a prime example of that.
No it isn’t.
:thumb:

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 28, 2020 11:26 am

Just for the record... when the study was first posted ITT, this was Grunty's reaction:
Not listening to an observational study. I can post several large observational studies that show it does work.
So at the time, he had no interest in discussing a study that conflicted with what he wanted to read. Now that there might be some issues with the study... "WHY WON'T ANYONE SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THIS WITH ME?!?!?!"

Never once said it was effective. Never.
Now I know "I can post several large observational studies that show it does work" is not word for word "It's effective", but c'mon man... It's time to stop acting like you're neutral and objective on this.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 11:29 am

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 am

Ugh... he needs to go away.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 am

Just for the record... when the study was first posted ITT, this was Grunty's reaction:
Not listening to an observational study. I can post several large observational studies that show it does work.
So at the time, he had no interest in discussing a study that conflicted with what he wanted to read. Now that there might be some issues with the study... "WHY WON'T ANYONE SERIOUSLY DISCUSS THIS WITH ME?!?!?!"

Never once said it was effective. Never.
Now I know "I can post several large observational studies that show it does work" is not word for word "It's effective", but c'mon man... It's time to stop acting like you're neutral and objective on this.
Not listening means, not basing my opinions on whether it works or not.

My next post.
That is why these observational trials are almost useless, and that goes both ways showing it either has efficacy and or has no benefit.

I don't know if it is effective yet. I haven't seen any RCT thats says it is or isn't yet in the early phases of the disease.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 28, 2020 11:56 am

Are we still allowed to post about Trump being a piece of **** ITT or is that frowned upon now?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 am

Are we still allowed to post about Trump being a piece of **** ITT or is that frowned upon now?
Frowned upon. And tired. Get with the program, DD.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am

I mentioned it but I think it got buried in the previous discussion

tjand72

Postby tjand72 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:00 pm

Be Best.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:07 pm

The key, apparently, is to be more creative in the presentation of the critique. Because it seems that's more egregious than the underlying conduct being criticized.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu May 28, 2020 12:14 pm

It is at least slightly comforting to see more center right and apolitical folks coming in to **** on trump, and getting roped into the amusing nonsense of this thread.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu May 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Pretty clearly, just drop the "this is normal" shtick...pretty obvious...you can get indignant if you'd like, but it's for every sane person's benefit...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 28, 2020 12:23 pm

It was just a joke. Lol, duh

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu May 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Here’s the both sides to that.... people should stop trying to draw parallels to predecessors whenever something happens to try to prove it’s normal.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 28, 2020 12:27 pm

This is normal...

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 28, 2020 12:27 pm

Michigan with a 180.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu May 28, 2020 12:28 pm

I posted the "this is normal" thing as a joke. I mean, yeah, it gets old seeing everything Trump does be dismissed as "Dems did the same!", but I certainly wasn't posting it as a damning and insightful indictment of the POTUS. I don't know why people have their panties in a wad but there are more than enough chiefs in here trying to dictate what is allowed to be posted and, last I checked, none of them moderate this message board. :slug:

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu May 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Well, the moderators have become the lighter fluid...and I'm the people's champ. So, everyone can thank me now or later after they realize how great I am. No autographs...

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm

This is normal behavior by an American president.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu May 28, 2020 1:06 pm

For what it's worth, I never believed HCQ would work because it was obvious Trump was pushing it for business purposes, and doesn't know Jack's*** or care if it works.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 28, 2020 1:13 pm

please heed to mikey's request and don't discuss the president in the politics thread

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 28, 2020 1:25 pm

one of my favorite things about all of Trump's tweets is that you're guaranteed to have a Eugene Gu tweet thread attacking Trump and then a Real Defender and "The Right Melissa" thread below that defending Trump

it's kind of weird/alarming/hilarious

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 pm

For what it's worth, I never believed HCQ would work because it was obvious Trump was pushing it for business purposes, and doesn't know Jack's*** or care if it works.
I’d argue it’s for political purposes. At that juncture he was trying to still argue that the virus was under control and they were doing a good job with the damage control.

At this point he just trying to get everyone to move on to something else and claim that he did an awesome job and that they did an awesome job despite Obama sabotaging his adminstration. It’s pretty funny to think people believe, at worst, trump did as bad as France or the UK.