Trip McNeely

Politics And Current Events

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 27, 2020 7:33 pm

This is all completely normal...
Complaining about Trump is sooooooo played out

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 27, 2020 7:37 pm

The "completely normal" thing definitely is...

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 27, 2020 7:37 pm

The "completely normal" thing definitely is...
I guess I should have pointed out all the times a Democratic president has done the same. That one never gets old.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Or just lose the shtick that a majority of people are stating this is "normal"...you're yelling at a cloud. It's unclear of that cloud exists...

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Or just lose the shtick that a majority of people are stating this is "normal"...you're yelling at a cloud. It's unclear of that cloud exists...
Mikey, I hate to say it, but that cloud exists. Maybe not here....but that **** is real my man

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 27, 2020 7:46 pm

Mikey, come hang out in rural America. No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 27, 2020 7:48 pm

I'm sure it does. Yell at those people on facebook then. Enough people here get it where we don't need to read it every day.

It's tiring enough to read about Trump at this point...the same canned response to back that is unnecessary...

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 27, 2020 7:51 pm

Sorry to be so tiring. I'll just f off.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 27, 2020 7:56 pm

I'm sure it does. Yell at those people on facebook then. Enough people here get it where we don't need to read it every day.

It's tiring enough to read about Trump at this point...the same canned response to back that is unnecessary...
Here’s the thing. And I can probably speak for many of the more liberal people on the board on this topic. I’m sure it’s tiresome for you to read the same responses about Trump. I totally see your position. But at the same time, many of the responses to the **** that Trump does are in response to the constant downplaying of what he does on the board. Yea it’s petty, but it’s pretty tiresome for, well me (and probably a lot of others), to have to wait for the without a doubt soon to be coming post about how it’s no big deal

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed May 27, 2020 8:04 pm

U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order shortly regarding social media companies, a White House spokeswoman said on Wednesday.
Less than a day to “retaliate.”
Imagine if he took Conoravirus as seriously

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 pm

I think we're all pretty tired of the repetitive nature of it all really...like, even as a liberal, can you really even take any pride in basking in his errors any more? It's like a late night joke on a George W Bush speaking flub in year 6...it's hackey...

And like how many more times can we comment on his social media world...? At least this is maybe kind of a new angle on it because he's been pee-pee whacked by twitter, so maybe there would be some unique discussion about it for a moment before the spiral...but we didn't even get that far. I just can't imagine the Globetrotters still celebrate beating the Generals at this point...

And I'm not saying don't knock the guy for being a putz...by all means, do so, that might be your only shot at winning in November...but do it better...and make sure you're not crying wolf either...if he's wearing a brown belt with black shoes, maybe let that one slide this time...

I'm just sayin...in this medium, 95+% of us get and have gotten that this isn't normal...in the first six months, cool, yeah, you're right, it was on the fast track towards bust town...we're 3 and a half years in now, what else do we have to say about things now...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed May 27, 2020 8:11 pm

There was a non political current events thread if you'd like to bring that back

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 27, 2020 8:13 pm

So, there will be Trump talk in there that is non-political...? Seems unlikely...or you're misunderstanding what I'm saying...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm

The thread was made out of the exact sentiment you just stated. No Trump stuff

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm

I remember when Twitter fact checked all the outlets on the Covington kid and Jussie Smollett fake attack. Especially glad after the attack was found to be fake that he was punished for filing a false report.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 27, 2020 8:22 pm

I think we're all pretty tired of the repetitive nature of it all really...like, even as a liberal, can you really even take any pride in basking in his errors any more? It's like a late night joke on a George W Bush speaking flub in year 6...it's hackey...

And like how many more times can we comment on his social media world...? At least this is maybe kind of a new angle on it because he's been pee-pee whacked by twitter, so maybe there would be some unique discussion about it for a moment before the spiral...but we didn't even get that far. I just can't imagine the Globetrotters still celebrate beating the Generals at this point...

And I'm not saying don't knock the guy for being a putz...by all means, do so, that might be your only shot at winning in November...but do it better...and make sure you're not crying wolf either...if he's wearing a brown belt with black shoes, maybe let that one slide this time...

I'm just sayin...in this medium, 95+% of us get and have gotten that this isn't normal...in the first six months, cool, yeah, you're right, it was on the fast track towards bust town...we're 3 and a half years in now, what else do we have to say about things now...
This isn’t a flub. It’s the president signing a **** executive order because he was called out once for the one of the 10,000 lies he spews on Twitter. This isn’t a misspelling or a mispronunciation. He’s taking an executive action

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed May 27, 2020 8:22 pm

:fist:

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed May 27, 2020 8:24 pm

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 pm

So, there will be Trump talk in there that is non-political...? Seems unlikely...or you're misunderstanding what I'm saying...
http://fifthavenueforum.com/forum/viewt ... +political

I started this specifically to talk about current events not related to politics.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Trump signing an executive order saying Twitter is being unfair is definitely on the funny side. I hope no sensical outrage comes from that. Nor would I expect the anti-anti trump to care.

I don’t see why this is something worth dragging into larger resentments towards the folks on the other side.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 27, 2020 8:39 pm

Here’s some quality content.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed May 27, 2020 8:44 pm

Trump signing an executive order saying Twitter is being unfair is definitely on the funny side. I hope no sensical outrage comes from that. Nor would I expect the anti-anti trump to care.

I don’t see why this is something worth dragging into larger resentments towards the folks on the other side.
What's in the EO?