Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 20, 2020 9:37 am

Cuomo has said numerous times he has ZERO interest in running for president. None.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 20, 2020 9:37 am

Source of the post And there have even been some unfortunate tributes to Cuomo’s alleged sex appeal.
Wat?
It's not pretty (to me, at least), but I've actually seen these...and without trying too haha...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 am

Source of the post And there have even been some unfortunate tributes to Cuomo’s alleged sex appeal.
Wat?
It's not pretty (to me, at least), but I've actually seen these...and without trying too haha...
I'm thankful to have avoided them to this point. Please don't PM me.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 am

Wat?
Pacino plays him in the movie

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am

I assume it's that cuomosexual thing, created by a flamboyant gay guy that makes videos on twitter.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 9:50 am

Wat?
https://jezebel.com/help-i-think-im-in- ... 1842396411

https://www.vogue.com/article/andrew-cu ... oronavirus

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 20, 2020 9:52 am

I'm not clicking those. I'd rather not know. :lol:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 am

I would have expected a Jezebel link to come from shad.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 11:16 am

This stuff is so dumb.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 11:22 am

What an insane story of ignorance and bad spelling.

https://socialnewsms.com/breakingmissis ... -as-arson/

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm

We are governed by 7 year olds

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 pm

You can't wrestle with a pig...

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 pm

"I was just giving him a dose of his own medicine...that's what the doctor's say"

OMG PWNED!!!

What a bunch of doofuses.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:22 pm

This stuff is so dumb.

I think going after the business, not the individual is the only way to handle these issues.
It's their license that should be on the line.

And that's a standpoint completely divorced from whether there should or should not be a stay at home order. Assuming one exists and that the state courts have deemed it lawful, citing individuals is a tough row to hoe.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:26 pm

McConnell has a tough reelection bid? :lol:
McConnell seems to think so. He's been running anti-McGrath attack ads for a month, and she hasn't even secured the nomination yet.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 pm

McConnell has a tough reelection bid? :lol:
McConnell seems to think so. He's been running anti-McGrath attack ads for a month, and she hasn't even secured the nomination yet.
The same thing was said about Shad's woman Alison Lundergan Grimes and McConnell beat her by 16%.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Senate moving ahead with Hunter Biden show-trial. Not convinced the press will be able to accurately report on this. I mean, they issued a subpoena to a company that has responded voluntarily to the document request and agreed to cooperate. So issuing a subpoena here is for show.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Seems like a pretty straightforward reciting of the facts.
I think that's one of the things that has been so fascinating about how Cuomo (and some other governors) have been viewed. Cuomo has made a lot of terrible miscalculations and mistakes in the handling of this pandemic, yet his approval rating among New Yorkers is in the low 80s. I know that the majority of those polls are people in NYC, whom would probably be loathe to say they disapprove of him, but still.

It honestly goes to show that it's more about presentation than substance.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed May 20, 2020 1:38 pm

I think that's one of the things that has been so fascinating about how Cuomo (and some other governors) have been viewed. Cuomo has made a lot of terrible miscalculations and mistakes in the handling of this pandemic, yet his approval rating among New Yorkers is in the low 80s. I know that the majority of those polls are people in NYC, whom would probably be loathe to say they disapprove of him, but still.

I think Newsome has done a much better job than Cuomo in comparison. I personally think Cuomo has done a very average job at best, and de Blasio is a straight moron

But it’s 100 percent presentation over substance. And that’s because people really look at Trump and then look at Cuomo and say “man, this is what a leader is supposed to act like”. That’s all it really is.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 1:46 pm

That Florida thing escalated

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Media, and people in general seem to need some sort of contrast to Trump for basically every important news development. How many comments and arguments from establishment media types are framed by taking Trump's daily hysterics compared to people like Obama, Mueller, McCain, Flake and now Cuomo. I do think that the administration prefers this sort of reality TV framework for being covered, I mean, even with this Cuomo ****. In terms of handling the virus, the only discernible comparison is Cuomo providing coherent press conferences. They both failed , so we see even here, Trump's failures are minimized by pointing to Cuomo's failures. They are different things and don't relate to one another, but as opposed to examining the admin we have to talk about Cuomo, who I can assure, nobody outside of NY cares about, yet we end up talking about him on a routine basis.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Media, and people in general seem to need some sort of contrast to Trump for basically every important news development. How many comments and arguments from establishment media types are framed by taking Trump's daily hysterics compared to people like Obama, Mueller, McCain, Flake and now Cuomo. I do think that the administration prefers this sort of reality TV framework for being covered, I mean, even with this Cuomo ****. In terms of handling the virus, the only discernible comparison is Cuomo providing coherent press conferences. They both failed , so we see even here, Trump's failures are minimized by pointing to Cuomo's failures. They are different things and don't relate to one another, but as opposed to examining the admin we have to talk about Cuomo, who I can assure, nobody outside of NY cares about, yet we end up talking about him on a routine basis.
CNN is carrying Cuomo's press conferences live almost daily, along with is chats with Chris and his screw ups are responsible for almost half all deaths in the United States, if you include the NJ and Conn. suburbs of NYC.

The fluffing of him makes no logical sense.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm

QAnon believer wins GOP primary:
Oregon Republicans on Tuesday elected a Senate nominee who believes in QAnon, the baseless conspiracy theory that has taken root among some far-right supporters of President Trump.

Jo Rae Perkins bested three other candidates to win the GOP nomination to face Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) in November.

In a video posted to her Twitter feed Tuesday night, Perkins declared that she supports the conspiracy theory, which revolves around “Q,” an anonymous Internet user claiming to be a government agent with top security clearance.

“Where we go one, we go all,” Perkins said in the video, reciting a QAnon slogan. “I stand with President Trump. I stand with Q and the team. Thank you Anons, and thank you patriots. And together, we can save our republic.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 2:23 pm

That Florida thing escalated

This is even worse. How did no one in the clickbait media fact check this?

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/05/ ... -all-fake/

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Pelosi with the kill shot.