Politics And Current Events

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 16, 2020 12:26 pm

I admittedly don’t pay much attention to the generic “news,” but I haven’t seen the vitriol towards Florida opening up at this point that I saw two months ago.
Here are two examples

Those aren’t vitriolic.
Right. "Florida Morons" is not vitriolic. :lol:

Also there is a guy going around dressed as the grim reaper putting crosses up by GOP politicians beach houses.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 16, 2020 12:29 pm

I’m sure it did. Not sure what that has to do with Florida.
You said their spring break seeded the country, which it materially did not, but NYS certainly did affect the US.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 16, 2020 12:31 pm

The actual articles support what Florida is doing. Those aren’t examples of the news being vitriolic towards Florida. And the last one is a lawyer.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sat May 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Cuomo and and more so DeBlasio definitely should be getting raked over the coals for their handling of the virus. 31% of the deaths in the US belong to NY. The next highest state is NJ which accounts for 11% of the deaths, and NJ's death rate is most likely as high as it is due to spread from NYC. After that it is MA with 6% of the deaths.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 16, 2020 12:33 pm

I know you're trying to deflect, but we're talking about New York and Cuomo's glowing coverage, vs. Desantis and Florida's being dumped on.

Any fluffing like this of Desantis going on?
Bobby D as Gov. Cuomo?

This may be the very definition of too soon, but during an appearance on The Late Show this week, Robert De Niro seemingly took to Stephen Colbert's suggestion that he portray New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo in a movie about the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"I guess I'll play Cuomo," De Niro agreed. "He's doing what a president should do."

If not a movie, perhaps a cameo on this weekend's Saturday Night Live season finale. After all, when Dr. Anthony Fauci (of the White House Coronavirus Task Force) revealed he'd want Brad Pitt to play him, SNL made it happen.
https://www.etonline.com/robert-de-niro ... ssion=true

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 16, 2020 12:34 pm

You said their spring break seeded the country, which it materially did not, but NYS certainly did affect the US.
I said it “probably” had affect on other states. You’re trying to pick an argument by exaggerating what I said.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 16, 2020 12:35 pm

Finally, something important.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat May 16, 2020 12:36 pm

I know you're trying to deflect, but we're talking about New York and Cuomo's glowing coverage, vs. Desantis and Florida's being dumped on.

Any fluffing like this of Desantis going on?
Bobby D as Gov. Cuomo?

This may be the very definition of too soon, but during an appearance on The Late Show this week, Robert De Niro seemingly took to Stephen Colbert's suggestion that he portray New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo in a movie about the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"I guess I'll play Cuomo," De Niro agreed. "He's doing what a president should do."

If not a movie, perhaps a cameo on this weekend's Saturday Night Live season finale. After all, when Dr. Anthony Fauci (of the White House Coronavirus Task Force) revealed he'd want Brad Pitt to play him, SNL made it happen.
https://www.etonline.com/robert-de-niro ... ssion=true
Go back and read what I’ve posted and show where I’m deflecting. Grow up.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 16, 2020 12:38 pm

The stuff about Florida keeping the beaches open is dumb. The spring break stuff was bad, but just keeping the beaches open recreationally is being overblown. Desantis and kemp have been getting attacked a lot, and I agree that it’s been unjustified. However, what the governors of Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska have done in response to their outbreaks does deserve a coal raking

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 pm

The stuff about Florida keeping the beaches open is dumb. The spring break stuff was bad, but just keeping the beaches open recreationally is being overblown. Desantis and kemp have been getting attacked a lot, and I agree that it’s been unjustified. However, what the governors of Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska have done in response to their outbreaks does deserve a coal raking
Why? They have some of the lowest if not lowest CFRs in the country. Do you have facts as why they are bad, or just going by what the media tells you?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 16, 2020 12:49 pm

Ok

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 16, 2020 12:50 pm

Ok
It’s a legit question. Not a troll. Show me the facts to back up your claim.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Outside of the a couple meatpacking plants which counts for something like 40% of all cases in the state what has South Dakota done poorly?

They only have 44 deaths in the whole state.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Because the outbreaks at the meat packing plants are reflective of poor governance.

And I’m guessing that cfr means case fatality rate? What does that show besides the nature of the infected population.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Because the outbreaks at the meat packing plants are reflective of poor governance.

And I’m guessing that cfr means case fatality rate? What does that show besides the nature of the infected population.
Means they kept it out of nursing homes for the most part, unlike the Cuomo’s and Wolf’s of the world.

Also those meat packing plants are considered essential. So again, please state facts to back up your claim.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Mandate safety protocols to operate. What is the disconnect here?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat May 16, 2020 1:45 pm

The anti anti-Trumpers here are on a roll today. We're so lucky to have them and their ability to see through the lies and deception of "the media."

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 pm

What is your disconnect with facts? While yes they could have done better protecting the those plants, by and large they have done a much better job than some of your favorite media's heroes. Yet you rail on states that are mostly successful, but don't on states that have utterly failed. Why is that?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 16, 2020 1:50 pm

The anti anti-Trumpers here are on a roll today. We're so lucky to have them and their ability to see through the lies and deception of "the media."
Some people need to not be sheep... :pop: :slug:

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat May 16, 2020 1:59 pm

We’re still doing this dance? K... enjoy, fellas.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Sat May 16, 2020 2:13 pm

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat May 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Amash withdrew from the race for the Libertarian nomination today.

Dang, I was starting to irrationally believe he had a shot.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 pm

What is your disconnect with facts? While yes they could have done better protecting the those plants, by and large they have done a much better job than some of your favorite media's heroes. Yet you rail on states that are mostly successful, but don't on states that have utterly failed. Why is that?
Lol. Good talk.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat May 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Amash withdrew from the race for the Libertarian nomination today.

Dang, I was starting to irrationally believe he had a shot.
At shot at what? 3rd place over the green party candidate?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat May 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Lol. Good talk.
"Why are you saying such good things as Cuomo!"

"I didn't say anything about Cuomo."

"Well the media did."

"I'm not the media. Go argue with them."

Repeat.