Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm

The notion of having a conversation with you about bias in reporting is the equivalent of talking to the Chick-Fil-A spokes-cows about eating beef...

You can have the point if you think you deserve it somehow, but let the record show someone from your team actually pointed it out...
:pop:
:roll:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:52 pm

Keeping golf courses closed seems dumb.

Barber shops and salons, not sure what people are thinking there. Seem like obvious businesses to keep closed.

Gyms? :eyeroll:

Why are gun stores separated out? I would think those are included with retail shops.
Yes, this.

Re: bolded. It's to make for an easy headline/talking point/high-road play by the surveyors...it's like a mix of questionnaire bias with desirability bias...

Which leads to such message board talking points that start with "can you believe..." when, in reality, given the list of choices the gun store choice should have been easily left off as it doesn't fit with the remainder of the choices in any meaningful way...
Purchases of firearms (and in some places ammunition) require an in-person transaction, including a fingerprint; can't do curbside pickup at a gun store, which is the context for reopening a lot of retail establishments in these early days. Gun stores are pretty much a unique category of retail.

Obviously you could do curbside for accessories like optics or holsters or cleaning kits, etc. But they're called gun stores, not accessory stores, for a reason.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 05, 2020 2:26 pm

Never Trumpers (George Conway, etc) piss off Trump with update of Reagan's morning in America spot:

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Ugh. Drama Queen much?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 05, 2020 3:09 pm

https://www.kmblegal.com/sites/default/ ... dacted.pdf

Link to that HHS Whistleblower complaint.
Dr. Bright opposed the broad
use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as lacking scientific merit, even though the
Administration promoted it as a panacea and demanded that New York and New Jersey be
“flooded” with these drugs, which were imported from factories in Pakistan and India that had not
been inspected by the FDA.
Dr. Bright felt an urgent and compelling need to inform the American public that there was
insufficient scientific data to support the use of these drugs for COVID-19 patients – particularly
given their importation from factories abroad that had not been inspected by the FDA. Dr. Bright
believed that Americans needed to have this critical information available to them to better inform
them of the risks before taking the medicine. He also felt that he had exhausted all avenues to alert
government officials, who refused to listen or take appropriate action to accurately inform the
public

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 05, 2020 3:24 pm

lol, just slipping that capital gains tax mention in there.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Perhaps... lol

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue May 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Purchases of firearms (and in some places ammunition) require an in-person transaction, including a fingerprint; can't do curbside pickup at a gun store, which is the context for reopening a lot of retail establishments in these early days. Gun stores are pretty much a unique category of retail.

Obviously you could do curbside for accessories like optics or holsters or cleaning kits, etc. But they're called gun stores, not accessory stores, for a reason.

IIRC, a couple weeks ago the BATF clarified that the "premises" requirement means that the transaction must take place on the FFL's property and not necessarily within the store itself. It led to a number of news articles dodinting about "OMG! Drive Through Gun Store Windows!" but it just really means that a buyer can fill out the 4473 in their car in the parking lot or at a table outside rather than the counter inside, which helps with physical distancing.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue May 05, 2020 4:04 pm

black lives matter is a huge problem in this country

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Just going to say, you probably don't want to click on that video, if you don't want to watch someone get murdered.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 05, 2020 4:16 pm

So given Fauci not being able to testify in the house, and this Dr. Bright stuff, seems like we're heading for impeachment round 2. Which doesn't feel like a good idea given election year.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 pm

Yeah, that's not something most people are gonna want to watch...it also has a very, very sick and divisive headline to it from the poster. Yikes...

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue May 05, 2020 4:23 pm

lol, just slipping that capital gains tax mention in there.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue May 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Just going to say, you probably don't want to click on that video, if you don't want to watch someone get murdered.
:|

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue May 05, 2020 6:12 pm

Outside of the loud voices protesting on capitol grounds to reopen:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
No
Yes
No

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue May 05, 2020 6:19 pm

BTW my Yes to gun stores isn't because I think they should be open, but because I think it would be a disaster if they weren't

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 05, 2020 6:29 pm

Let’s see here...

Golf course: open. This is as duh as it gets.
Retail shops like clothing stores: open for pick up, no people inside other than employees.
Barbershops and hair salons: sure. provided they maintain limited numbers and complete proper disinfections between clients, why not.
Gun store: just buy online and have pick ups similar to retail shops.
Done in restaurants: no. Take out for now.
Nail salons: no.
Gyms: no. Impossible to maintain proper conditions there.
Movie theaters: no.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue May 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Yeah, that's not something most people are gonna want to watch...it also has a very, very sick and divisive headline to it from the poster. Yikes...
the' headline' wasn't meant to be an indictment of anyone in this community rather it was meant to convey that whatever blm's flaws this tragedy -and the countless other travesties against people of color in this country- is a far greater problem. my sincere apologies, dude

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Anyone hear from @shmenguin recently?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 05, 2020 7:26 pm

As much as I need a haircut I think a place where the service has to be touching you should be last to open

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Let’s see here...

Golf course: open. This is as duh as it gets.
Retail shops like clothing stores: open for pick up, no people inside other than employees.
Barbershops and hair salons: sure. provided they maintain limited numbers and complete proper disinfections between clients, why not.
Gun store: just buy online and have pick ups similar to retail shops.
Done in restaurants: no. Take out for now.
Nail salons: no.
Gyms: no. Impossible to maintain proper conditions there.
Movie theaters: no.
Still have to go into a shop to fill out the Background check, etc. in current format at Gun Shops. That's how I buy most guns now, and it always still requires me to go into the store for that piece. Now offer me a card like TSA easy pass where I've passed my checks etc, and I don't need to do that, then let's do it.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 05, 2020 7:32 pm

As much as I need a haircut I think a place where the service has to be touching you should be last to open
I was thinking the same. They are right on top of you when they cut your hair.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 05, 2020 7:34 pm

Get your wives/gf to cut your hair. It's cheaper too.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 05, 2020 7:35 pm

My Dad cut all of her hair when I was young and not until middle school did I go to the barber.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue May 05, 2020 8:10 pm

I was thinking the same. They are right on top of you when they cut your hair.
I wish. Oh, that would make more sense if you've seen mine.