Politics And Current Events

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 am

If it was so clear than why did no other nation operate on a different footing than the United States outside of maybe South Korea?
A) we were one of the last countries infected in the western world
B) aren’t we the greatest country in the world with the greatest healthcare system? We should be doing better than everyone else
C) how much will it take for you to say something critical of your boy
Here’s reporting on a group email thread beginning in January including the current head of COVID response for Health and Human Services, a VA medical advisor and other former government officials that shows that scientific and medical professionals were being ignored. Much like I’m sure happened in other countries (saved you a post Freddy):

So maybe the other countries didn’t ignore them, but were massively incompetent.

I am not participating in your game of shifting the scope to prove a point nobody was talking about just so you argue about it endlessly.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:43 am

I just don’t know how we compare ourselves to other countries when the other countries are places like Italy and Spain. Countries that we know how largely incompetent governments. I love Italy, but I mean, fans still smoke heaters during soccer games. Like, I wouldn’t expect their government to handle this super well

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:43 am

We did pretty bad, but we did better than most of Europe and China.
Yes. I also think nyc is as bad as the worst places in Europe.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:44 am

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:45 am

Meh. It’s a question that should be asked to analyze how to respond. I suppose the repeatedly is the real issue.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:46 am

If it was so clear than why did no other nation operate on a different footing than the United States outside of maybe South Korea?
B) aren’t we the greatest country in the world with the greatest healthcare system? We should be doing better than everyone else
Here’s reporting on a group email thread beginning in January including the current head of COVID response for Health and Human Services, a VA medical advisor and other former government officials that shows that scientific and medical professionals were being ignored. Much like I’m sure happened in other countries (saved you a post Freddy):

So maybe the other countries didn’t ignore them, but were massively incompetent.

I am not participating in your game of shifting the scope to prove a point nobody was talking about just so you argue about it endlessly.

Nothing was shifted except for your ability for rational thought.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:48 am

You mean what Sweden is essentially doing? Didn’t the next day the USA start closing down the country?

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:48 am

This reads like it was run through google translate a few times by a non-English speaker. Good effort.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:48 am

Meh. It’s a question that should be asked to analyze how to respond. I suppose the repeatedly is the real issue.
Yea I don’t think the question is a huge deal. But the “Repeatedly” is a HUGE issue

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:49 am

@@slappy Lol

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:53 am

This reads like it was run through google translate a few times by a non-English speaker. Good effort.
It was done that way so you would be able to understand it. Figured if I got too complex you would have issues.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:58 am

If we are gonna be compared to souther European countries in regards to their COVID incompetence, can I at least get the souther European lifestyle in return?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:58 am

Slappy has entered argue about it endlessly segment of the show.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:04 am

If we are gonna be compared to souther European countries in regards to their COVID incompetence, can I at least get the souther European lifestyle in return?
Only if we get a pass on the music and fashion...

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:16 am

Yea I don’t think the question is a huge deal. But the “Repeatedly” is a HUGE issue
So your biggest issue is based on an adjective written in the Washington Post based on at best a second hand account. Cool.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:19 am

So your biggest issue is based on an adjective written in the Washington Post based on at best a second hand account. Cool.
Yea you’re right. Donald Trump seems like the type of guy who processes information from experts and learns from it right away. He would never, ever continue formulate questions that make no sense

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:27 am

The failed response from European countries also has to do with Trump's decision to remove the US from being the leader of the free world. While I am not a fan of needing to hold their hand in so much of what they do, if you aren't there to help them cross the street, then you can't be surprised that they get run over by a bus.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:29 am

The failed response from European countries also has to do with Trump's decision to remove the US from being the leader of the free world. While I am not a fan of needing to hold their hand in so much of what they do, if you aren't there to help them cross the street, then you can't be surprised that they get run over by a bus.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:31 am

To add, you can argue that the WHO has done a terrible job, which I completely agree, but the Trump administration didn't exactly step in to provide leadership.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:39 am

France and the uk are en route to being Spain and Italy. It’s really just a travesty that even when Italy was clearly becoming a disaster, most other countries still just sat on their asses.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:47 am

France and the uk are en route to being Spain and Italy. It’s really just a travesty that even when Italy was clearly becoming a disaster, most other countries still just sat on their asses.
Indeed. As I've mentioned several times here reddit was going crazy about the potential impact of the virus in early Jan and I know I saw some mentions of it on the conspiracy group in Dec. If those randos knew this had the potential to be major, world leaders have no excuse. Every one of them needs to leave office, either voluntarily or in their next election. People trying to give Trump a pass because everyone else also screwed up is ridiculous. I thought the "everyone else was doing it" excuse stopped being valid in middle school.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:52 am

It's amazing how little you know about Europe.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Yea you’re right. Donald Trump seems like the type of guy who processes information from experts and learns from it right away. He would never, ever continue formulate questions that make no sense
I've never been in the strategy room with him so I dont know one way or the other. I just don't think formulating a strong opinion from a single adjective, used by a biased media outlet, based on at minimum secondhand knowledge, is very responsible

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:06 pm

It's amazing how little you know about Europe.
Is this directed to the collective or anyone in particular

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:07 pm

agree with both of you. I can understand the question being asked but should we really be surprised if/that Cheeto asked it repeatedly considering how long he kept trying to sell this as "no worse than the flu"?