Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:39 pm

Go Rand.
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is pushing to submit a question that would name the alleged whistleblower whose anonymous complaint about Trump’s Ukraine dealings triggered the impeachment inquiry, according to officials familiar with the matter.

Paul had drafted a question, which would be read by Roberts during the trial, that would name the whistleblower, according to three officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. The chief justice has declined to read it, said two of the officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... KFIZGRHEPM

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:41 pm

The rape charge was a joke
:?:
The case was dropped because the accuser showed up with too much evidence to choose from.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:50 pm

The rape charge was a joke
:?:
The case was dropped because the accuser showed up with too much evidence to choose from.
The case was dropped because she refused to testify, most likely because she was outed by the prosecution and vilified by Laker fans.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:57 pm

He’ll be remembered and applauded for his role as a family man and an amazing athlete, and that’s good. For me, that other part has a place as well though.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:17 pm

I know this guy is a jagoff. I don't follow him, but it was retweeted bybsomeone else. That said, I am posting this because I found it funny.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 am

I know this guy is a jagoff. I don't follow him, but it was retweeted by someone else.
Now you know how I feel when there is a legitimate thing that happened that I want to share but it's only tweeted by Daily Caller.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:33 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:02 am

Got em!

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 am

lol

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... s-to-north
Speaking in an appearance on Fox Business, Ross said that he did not want to take "victory lap over a very unfortunate, very malignant disease," stating that every American's heart should go out to the victims of the virus, before noting that he thinks the virus could help boost jobs.

"The fact is, it does give businesses yet another thing to consider when they go through their review of their supply chains," Ross, who has served in the Trump administration since 2017, said.

"It’s another risk factor that people need to take account. I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America, some to U.S., probably some to Mexico as well," he added.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 am

We don't have the manufacturing capability to return those jobs to the US. And by the time they ramp up construction on facilities (which is a struggle with permitting and skilled labor), the virus will have run its course.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:25 am

I mean, I don't want to look past the potential devastation a plague could wreak on the nation of China, but if all those people are dead, multinational corporations would be forced to look again at the US for potential manufacturing sites. So, just call me a glass half-full kinda guy.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:27 am

Oh man, this mornings wormhole is amazing.
The dude that got fired for being corrupt (and the EU, IMF, and US Ds & Rs all agreed on that) waits four years to file what amounts to a wrongful termination suit. And the response is, "Biden is going down!"

Then, you've got Rudy running around saying he's got proof that Shokin was subject to a hit, insinuating that the Biden/Clinton/Obama cabal was trying to have him murdered. And of course the MAGA hats eat it up because they all still think Hillary had Seth Rich murdered among others.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:27 am

I mean,between this and the Jared CNN interview about the ungrateful Palestinians, this admin is basically just an aggregate of flippant message board takes.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:38 am

I mean,between this and the Jared CNN interview about the ungrateful Palestinians, this admin is basically just an aggregate of flippant message board takes.
And that's the brilliant point. How else does Trump become 'one of us' but to regurgitate stupid stuff seen on the internet?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 am

And that's the brilliant point. How else does Trump become 'one of us' but to regurgitate stupid stuff seen on the internet?
An observation I heard that stood with me, the current GOP, they are no longer the ones generating the talking points. These are the consumers of the bullshit. No longer are they the ones orchestrating the message disseminated to the rubes. They are all the rubes.
Last edited by Troy Loney on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:17 am

An observation I heard that stood with me, the current GOP, they are no longer the ones generating the talking points. These are the consumers of the bullshit. No longer are they being led by the ones orchestrating the message disseminated to the rubes. They are all the rubes.

Ummm... what?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 am

fxt

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:43 am

lmao. You've spent every day of the last how many years lapping up every grain of hope idiots like Tapper and Seth Abramson feed you. Nothing changes and you just wait for the next day cuz THIS IS IT. Over and over and over and over. Calling other people rubes. GTFOH.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:52 am

lmao. You've spent every day of the last how many years lapping up every grain of hope idiots like Tapper and Seth Abramson feed you. Nothing changes and you just wait for the next day cuz THIS IS IT. Over and over and over and over. Calling other people rubes. GTFOH.

Immediate ad hominen is the "**** you libtard" argument in case you were still confused by that.

Also interesting that you would internalize that critique. You and your cohorts take pride in knowing that fox news is BS. So if you know that anyone accepting that, is a rube, why get all triggered when someone points out that actual administration officials are making public pronouncements that accept those bogus arguments?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:56 am

That's actually probably giving you too much credit. It's near certain that you believe all the tropes about Arabs, homeless people, immigrants, or essentially any other groups of people that Fox demonizes on a nightly basis.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:07 am

Because you, people like you, the media and the politicians you root for all present these arguments with such a disgusting lack of self awareness and it only gets worse every single day. I do admire the moral and intellectual superiority tho. Because if it were me, I'd be absolutely embarrassed and have some sense of humility by now.

Just yesterday for Christs sake.

"THREATENING LETTER SENT TO BOLTON!"

Me: Yeah this "sources close to" BS has happened a billion times already and it always plays out the same way.
Troy: "Jake Tapper wouldn't just make that up!"

*Never happened*

Troy: "You're all rubes"

Talk about ad hominem.
It's near certain that you believe all the tropes about Arabs, homeless people, immigrants, or essentially any other groups of people that Fox demonizes on a nightly basis.
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 am

You've made it well known the types of books, podcasts, and other media you just devour and how much. It's zero shock that you act the way and think of everyone else the way you do.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:31 am

Triggered

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:33 am

That's actually probably giving you too much credit. It's near certain that you believe all the tropes about Arabs, homeless people, immigrants, or essentially any other groups of people that Fox demonizes on a nightly basis.
:thumb:

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:55 am

That's actually probably giving you too much credit. It's near certain that you believe all the tropes about Arabs, homeless people, immigrants, Juju or essentially any other groups of people that Fox demonizes on a nightly basis.
:thumb:

Edited