Politics And Current Events

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:45 am

Ok. Whatever floats your boat.

That's probably what I would say too if I had no response to the original point being made.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:00 am

That's probably what I would say too if I had no response to the original point being made.
You (at the very least) respect Trump and think he’s a great leader. The faults of this country are not his doing. Other countries’ problems are due to weak, anti-Trump types. If there were more leaders like Trump the world would be a better place. That seemed to be your point. There is no “response” to that other than the one I gave.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:10 am

The point is empty suits like Macron and Trudeau are bad at their jobs but "respected" because they clean up well and say all the right things to the right people.

Trump is a complete tool in every respect, yet despite all the prognostications of the experts the economy of the United States is doing well.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:17 am

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:34 am

How’s the manufacturing sector looking again?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 am

Interesting thoughts

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 am

You (at the very least) respect Trump and think he’s a great leader. The faults of this country are not his doing. Other countries’ problems are due to weak, anti-Trump types. If there were more leaders like Trump the world would be a better place. That seemed to be your point. There is no “response” to that other than the one I gave.

Your problem is probably that I used the term "leader." I didn't mean it like hes some army general. Just that the 3 guys I was talking about are the heads of their countries.

And I also wasnt insinuating more leaders should be like Trump. My point was clowns like Trudeau and Macron arent exactly the bar either. But for some reason we're supposed to be embarrassed that he isnt more like them.

Meanwhile look at the economies they're in charge of and look at ours right now. What do you think people care about more??
I mean your reply was basically, "yeah but Trump sucks." Okay..then what would you call the guys those guys? Theres plenty of people that would take Trudeau as POTUS, along with his shitty policies, if they could for nothing more than optics. But it's those darn Trumper cults that are crazy.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:04 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... e-hot/amp/

Looks pretty good.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:56 am

Looks pretty good.
In July maybe, not recently
Manufacturing activity continued to lag in November amid a decline in inventories and new orders, according to the latest ISM Manufacturing reading released Monday.
The report shows that manufacturing "is stuck in a mild recession with little prospect of a real near-term revival.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/02/ism-man ... -2019.html

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Your problem is probably that I used the term "leader." I didn't mean it like hes some army general. Just that the 3 guys I was talking about are the heads of their countries.

And I also wasnt insinuating more leaders should be like Trump. My point was clowns like Trudeau and Macron arent exactly the bar either. But for some reason we're supposed to be embarrassed that he isnt more like them.

Meanwhile look at the economies they're in charge of and look at ours right now. What do you think people care about more??
I mean your reply was basically, "yeah but Trump sucks." Okay..then what would you call the guys those guys? Theres plenty of people that would take Trudeau as POTUS, along with his shitty policies, if they could for nothing more than optics. But it's those darn Trumper cults that are crazy.
The term leader is irrelevant. I know you were talking about them leading their countries. I don’t know enough about Trudeau and Macron or the situations in those countries to have an informed opinion. The US has a great economy right now. Is it sustainable? Is it due to Trump? I think the answer to both those questions is probably no, but I could be wrong. If we’re talking optics, Trump won largely because of optics, and his contrast to Clinton and the establishment.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Looks pretty good.
In July maybe, not recently
Manufacturing activity continued to lag in November amid a decline in inventories and new orders, according to the latest ISM Manufacturing reading released Monday.
The report shows that manufacturing "is stuck in a mild recession with little prospect of a real near-term revival.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/02/ism-man ... -2019.html
And yet 6k jobs (not including the 48k that were out because of the strike) were added to manufacturing this last month.

Maybe if congress would pass the trade deals we have made, then manufacturing would be growing really well too, instead of being in neutral.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:11 pm

The term leader is irrelevant. I know you were talking about them leading their countries. I don’t know enough about Trudeau and Macron or the situations in those countries to have an informed opinion. The US has a great economy right now. Is it sustainable? Is it due to Trump? I think the answer to both those questions is probably no, but I could be wrong. If we’re talking optics, Trump won largely because of optics, and his contrast to Clinton and the establishment.
It’s probably due to Obama, at least some would say that.

Removing a **** ton of regulations has certainly helped keep our economy growing while everyone else’s is falling apart.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Regardless if its sustainable or due to Trump or not it's still 180 degrees from what everyone told us was going to happen and no amount of gossip or giggles or dirty looks from Angela Merkel changes that. As long as that nonsense gets portrayed as a big deal or some sort of told-ya-so #Resistance win, real life things that actually matter are going to continue to be thrown back in peoples faces.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:43 pm

My concern is that we are nearing full employment, and with our stagnant birth rates and outdated immigration laws, we could be in trouble in a few years.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Get to having babies y'all

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Btw, how does this lady still get on tv all the time, as the victim?

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:40 pm

No u

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:44 pm

No u
I have a van full, so doing my part.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:55 pm

No u
My sisters have 6 between them, that's good enough.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:25 pm

No u
My sisters have 6 between them, that's good enough.
Sounds like you need at least one to grow the population if you have two sisters... :pop:

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 pm

That's assuming I want the population to grow, which I don't.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:48 pm

This series of tweets might have broke the all-time wokeness scale.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:48 pm

I’d never tell someone they must have a kid or adopt, but after having one I couldn’t imagine not having one. The best experience I’ve ever had in my life.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:48 pm

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:52 pm

This series of tweets might have broke the all-time wokeness scale.

Wtf is black twitter?