Politics And Current Events

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Right, so she was making the same old, blah blah blah SC people love their heritage and the flag blah blah blah. Great. I don't give a ****. But I would say it is objectively stupid to say that the media wanted to make the Roof murders about race.

I guess it's possible that Haley doesn't understand that part of the media's job is to report on things that happen.
Wanted to make it about race? No.
Absolutely overjoyed that it was? Oh yeah.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:21 pm

So are we heading off a cliff? I've been loosely following politics for the last 10-15 years and it just feels more dark and sinister than it used to be. There's so many strong feelings and opinions clashing every day. How does this end? Where are we going? What changes after 2020? I feel like I'm watching a boiler with the needle approaching the red and something has to give.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes the constitution can be amended, but changing how we elect our president would fundamentally change our system of government. We already made a massive mistake of allowing people to directly elect senators, let’s not make that mistake again with the president.
Are you happy with our system of government? You don't seem overly joyed with it. Not a lot of people do.... but for some reason nobody wants to change anything.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Roof is the kid that admitted he did the shooting to start a race war isn't he? But the media made it about racism?

I didn't watch the video though, so maybe there is other context I'm missing.
Right, so she was making the same old, blah blah blah SC people love their heritage and the flag blah blah blah. Great. I don't give a ****. But I would say it is objectively stupid to say that the media wanted to make the Roof murders about race.

I guess it's possible that Haley doesn't understand that part of the media's job is to report on things that happen.
Media is bad. All the time. Obviously.
Just so we are clear here none of you watched the video and have no idea what Haley actually said or what the interviewer was asking or anything about the context, but are making assumptions based on nothing other than preconceived notions, selected editing, and clickbait?

How very Breitbart/Ben Shapiro of you.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:45 pm

We should totally only let Stasi wannabees only have the guns. 🙄

This is beyond reprehensible by the police.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:46 pm

So are we heading off a cliff? I've been loosely following politics for the last 10-15 years and it just feels more dark and sinister than it used to be. There's so many strong feelings and opinions clashing every day. How does this end? Where are we going? What changes after 2020? I feel like I'm watching a boiler with the needle approaching the red and something has to give.
There's a notion that we reached the "end of history" after the fall of the Soviet Union and the complete ascendance of western liberalism.

I think there's a lot in this sentiment that allows figures like to Trump to reach the pinnacle of power, you can see it in how people call everyone alarmists and having TDS.

I don't have much faith, I think the current system of checks and balances is being tested, and it seems likely that the impending climate catastrophes will first cause unrest in the in places like Africa and Central America, so to those will eventually leak into Europe and the US respectively.

I don't think Trump is an end point, but he's a mark in that direction.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Roof is the kid that admitted he did the shooting to start a race war isn't he? But the media made it about racism?

Just so we are clear here none of you watched the video and have no idea what Haley actually said or what the interviewer was asking or anything about the context, but are making assumptions based on nothing other than preconceived notions, selected editing, and clickbait?

READ THE TRANSCRIPT!

I watched the 1 minute clip, if you are asking people to watch a whole Glenn Beck episode, lol.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:04 pm

I am enjoying Freddy insulting people by calling them right wingers though.... Breitbart, Ben Shapiro, Grunty. Carry on.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Do police follow any ROE? There are way too many examples of pigs opening fire that wouldn't have even happened in Iraq.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:16 pm

I am enjoying Freddy insulting people by calling them right wingers though.... Breitbart, Ben Shapiro, Grunty. Carry on.
I'm also just genuinely confused how watching Haley and Beck wax nostalgic about the confederate flag (for however long they do that) changes the context of Haley stating that the media made the determination that the Roof murders were about racism.

Now, if you want to gripe about that terror attack devolved into a confederate flag debate, have at it.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Anti-Vaxxers arrested.
Samoan law enforcement officials on Friday arrested a person who is an “alleged anti-vaxxer," charging them with incitement against a government vaccination order.

In a Friday statement shared on Facebook, the government of Samoa posted that a “concerned member of the public” filed a complaint with the attorney general that was later referred to police, alleging that the individual who was arrested “publicly stated with reference to the current vaccination drive 'I'll be here to mop up your mess. Enjoy your killing spree.'"

The Samoan government last month officially declared a state of emergency over a deadly measles outbreak that has already killed 62 people, according to CNN, and it began a mass vaccination campaign. More than 4,200 measles cases have been reported in recent weeks.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... s-outbreak

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:44 pm

If you have been loosely following politics for the past 10 to 15 years, that means you were loosely following the unraveling of W's presidency due to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the financial crisis. I'm not saying things are hunky dory, but it is misguided to suggest that things are particularly crappier than they were a decade ago.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Donald Trump now with 44+% likelihood to win Presidency (and 84+% probability to win Republican nomination) after a day of big gains.

All while Joe Biden's nomination chances suffered a lot - to the point that Pete Buttigieg is about to become the front runner!

https://electionbettingodds.com/

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Mayor Pete!!!!
I should say, I'm currently rooting for Yang

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:54 pm

I'm just looking forward to the c.h.u.d.s to get their turn. It's time for them to rise from the depths below and take power above!

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 pm

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Donald Trump now with 44+% likelihood to win Presidency (and 84+% probability to win Republican nomination) after a day of big gains.

All while Joe Biden's nomination chances suffered a lot - to the point that Pete Buttigieg is about to become the front runner!

https://electionbettingodds.com/
4 more years!

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Many people? Sounds like unnamed sources to me.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Is Rupar the guy that ***** and moaned about us killing Baghdadi?

If so, why do you continue to promote his tweets?

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm

My comment had nothing to do with what you posted, just how the knee jerk reaction of some is that media is always bad.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:33 pm

This is horrific

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:48 pm

They are using occupied civilian cars as cover??????

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:28 pm

I’d be ok with trying them for murder.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Not only were they using occupied civilian cars as cover, they were also firing from positions where other occupied civilian cars were clearly "downrange." So they were hiding behind innocent people and firing shots that could easily hit innocent people.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Correct. And the hostage was executed by the cops... And for what, some stolen jewelry? Disgusting.