Politics And Current Events

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am

Trump supporters wanted to eat babies, SICK!

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:43 am

It's just a modest proposal.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:43 am

what you guys never had veal before?

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am

Hoaxes are suddenly a big deal. Just this one tho.
Um, the President was ranting and retweeting it, so this one is kind of pertinent.
Just like clock boy

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 am

Um, the President was ranting and retweeting it, so this one is kind of pertinent.
Just like clock boy
Nah bro... if they have a blue check mark, it's important.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 am

Just like clock boy
Trump is inviting the “Baby eating woman” to the White House?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:54 am

Just like clock boy

And da squad along with most of the Dem candidates have all run with - just off the top of my head -

Covington
Smollet
Erica Thomas and the "go back where you came from"
The dread lock girl from like a week ago.
I can't even count how many hijabs were supposedly ripped off someones head.

If you want to throw Kavanaugh in there since there literally is zero evidence, I certainly won't argue with you.

But top concern should be that someone pranked AOC and she was laughed at for taking it seriously. Those other things I mentioned are harmless fun.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am

In today's edition of twitter is real life.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:59 am

Oh it's not real life today?? Damn someone needs to put out the schedule.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:59 am

Don’t you argue trump’s tweets are?

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:04 am

Twitter isn't real life but Dem candidates who can't draw more than a couple hundred in real life, and all but shape their policies around hashtags and whats hot on social media can't understand why they lost an election.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:05 am

You do...
Hasn’t twitter been deemed official communication if it is a government official?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:08 am

You do...
Hasn’t twitter been deemed official communication if it is a government official?
Cool story. I’m not the one flip flopping back and forth whether they are based on what political party the account owners are.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:10 am

Again, what is even being discussed.

As far as I could tell, people were making fun of conservative "influencers" jumping on an obvious hoax. But it seems like the NP world is making fun of people for defending AOC, or something.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:18 am

Trump is inviting the “Baby eating woman” to the White House?
President Trump acknowledged and amplified a set-up, just like Obama did.
He helped make it newsworthy by acknowledging it.
And I'm pretty sure the 15 minutes the baby act was worth is up.
And da squad along with most of the Dem candidates have all run with - just off the top of my head -

Covington
Smollet
Erica Thomas and the "go back where you came from"
The dread lock girl from like a week ago.
I can't even count how many hijabs were supposedly ripped off someones head.

If you want to throw Kavanaugh in there since there literally is zero evidence, I certainly won't argue with you.

But top concern should be that someone pranked AOC and she was laughed at for taking it seriously. Those other things I mentioned are harmless fun.
Step off the ledge buddy. Somebody pranked AOC last night, and we're talking about it (and laughing our butts of) for 15 minutes this morning.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 am

Wat?? I just made reference how I'm sure a prank on AOC will get more play in here than the dozens of hoaxes designed to just get people to hate each other. Those are just brushed away. "But Trump commented (or rant and raved) about it!" Yeah, and I threw out the examples of every other time the Dem big wigs all run with fake stories, often times even well after they've been proven fake.

But as for AOC, she did take the person seriously and then (ranted and raved) about the right wing plant.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:32 am

The only reason this is getting more play beyond me posting the tweet for shits and gigs is because you're making a big deal about it.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:35 am

Wat?? I just made reference how I'm sure a prank on AOC will get more play in here than the dozens of hoaxes designed to just get people to hate each other. Those are just brushed away. "But Trump commented (or rant and raved) about it!" Yeah, and I threw out the examples of every other time the Dem big wigs all run with fake stories, often times even well after they've been proven fake.

But as for AOC, she did take the person seriously and then (ranted and raved) about the right wing plant.
I think this is when the kids say "delete your account"

We're going to spend a little time laughing at this, and go on our way.
I'm sure AOC is pissed because it actually effects her; she tried to play nice with the person and instead she really needs to rewatch the McCain town hall answer. To the rest of us this a punchline. The amount of people that would even know what the heck we're talking about would be greatly reduced if the President didn't tweet about it too.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:46 am

Well you said "this one is kind of pertinent" Which I disagreed based on the severity of the other claims. And even noting Trump being at a higher level of government than the rest.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:47 am

One of the things we are seeing is the effect of decoupling Senate seats from the state legislature and giving it over to the people at large.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Again, what is even being discussed.

As far as I could tell, people were making fun of conservative "influencers" jumping on an obvious hoax. But it seems like the NP world is making fun of people for defending AOC, or something.
NP's posts make a lot more sense if you imagine them written in poop, on a wall.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Today marks my final roll call with you.
Yeah...me too. Best wishes to 5AF. Hope you all find your peace. It's been real.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 pm

How will our country ever get to be like Russia? It’s basically impossible for someone to assume power like that and hold it.
For now it is impossible for an individual to hold power indefinitely, but not for the political parties. Access to power is currently monopolized by both parties. As long as governing is a game to be "won" be either side, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Look at the freaking district maps. How the hell does that happen? They're entrenching themselves deeper and deeper. Mind you, they're not required at all. I get that we've always had them and that they've been around a long time. It's just a problem how the whole shebang is set up right now.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Today marks my final roll call with you.
Yeah...me too. Best wishes to 5AF. Hope you all find your peace. It's been real.
Some of you guys take this stuff waaaayyy too seriously if it actually affects your lives that you can’t read a message board anymore.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Or maybe they both realize that trying to have a discussion with some of you isn't worth the effort and they'd rather just not deal with it.