Politics And Current Events

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Rents went on a trip to Ice/Greenland. They loved it. I believe where they were just got their first Michelin rated restaurant as well. I'm looking forward to the day when I can travel to specific places based on Michelin rated eats. For the time being, featured on diners, drive ins and dives will be just fine.
Iceland takes the cake for unpronounceable names. I bet it's fun for a tourist to try and navigate to Eyjafjallajökull.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Well, just follow the smoke and pyroclastic flow.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:28 pm

No reason to keep eating that CFA hate chicken. By all accounts, Popeyes' new chicken sandwich is better.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:49 pm

I know that's the woke thing that's been artificially guerrilla marketed on social media, but it is just inaccurate.

I like popeyes and ate at the one in Wilkinsburg all the time because yankees can't cook, and #ItsBoTime has my heart, but Chik-fil-a is better

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:51 pm

I know that's the woke thing that's been artificially guerrilla marketed on social media, but it is just inaccurate.

I like popeyes and ate at the one in Wilkinsburg all the time because yankees can't cook, and #ItsBoTime has my heart, but Chik-fil-a is better
Have you actually tried the new sandwich?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Yea, sorry, there's just no way it's better. That's a straight marketing ploy, every popeye's I've ever been has been 1000% dirty.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:53 pm

I'll try one this weekend, but won't have anything to compare it to...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:57 pm

popeye's and cfa are both pretty freaking good, and i'm not sure they should be compared to eachother since they're going for different vibes

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:03 pm

When we went to NOLA the first time, I did a quick Google for best fried chicken in the city. Looked at a list on NOLA.com, and Popeyes on Canal St was legitimately like #7 on the list. I lol'd.

I don't like that they stopped calling it 'dirty rice', though.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 pm

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:10 pm

I've only eaten popeyes once and I got sick, but it makes me think about how great a movie Little Nicky is so I appreciate it.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Just caught up....

Not sure why I did
Same.

Not sure what the flip side is, but pretty sure Conan is just trying to make people laugh because that’s how he makes money.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Just caught up....

Not sure why I did
Same.

Not sure what the flip side is, but pretty sure Conan is just trying to make people laugh because that’s how he makes money.
Nope... TDS all the way.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Yes clearly the problem was me bringing up something that actually happened and trying to end the stupid discussion twice.

"Conan without borders: Greenland" (which follows Mexico and Haiti, also inspired by Trump's statements/actions).

Me: Can't believe people do this stuff just because Trump says something.
You guys: WTF are you talking about where are you getting this has anything to do with Trump!!

Ya got me. I'll take the L on this one I guess.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Broken brain... :lol:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Of course. Just like with the pimento cheese cajun chicken biscuit they have at Bojangles I ate it because the constitution says so.

It was very good and 10/10 I'll eat it again.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:17 pm

If you don't want to keep talking about it, stop responding.

Conan makes a comedy travel show and visits different countries for each episode. He can go to Sweden or Germany or Greece or Sudan, etc. Trump suddenly makes Greenland into a hot topic so Conan decides to do an episode in Greenland because it's timely and people are now talking about Greenland. He'll catch up with other countries some other time, like he's already done with Israel, Japan, Italy, etc. in episodes that had nothing to do with Trump.

Your original post was:
All he has to do is look cross eyed at a place on the map and Conan hops on a plane to own(?) Trump. Yeah people's brains aren't broken or anything.
You're the one who accused Conan of having a broken brain simply because he's parlaying a hot topic into an episode for his show and you're the one who brought up TDS and all that nonsense.

So if we're talking about broken brains...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:23 pm

To be fair to NP, Tomas did bring up Trump first.
Say what you want about Trump, but he has already inspired 3 installments of the best travel show out there. TIL that there will soon be "Conan without borders: Greenland" (which follows Mexico and Haiti, also inspired by Trump's statements/actions).
And to Tony's point... he's done this before with other countries as well. The Germany visit was hilarious. They were not to pwn Trump, and neither were (likely) his visits to Mexico or Haiti. At moment, Greenland is topical because of Trump. He's not going to pwn Trump, he's going because it's topical.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:28 pm

I don't disagree that private party transfers should be subject to checks, but I think there needs to be a real temperature check as to implementation v impact. (That latter statement applies generally to most gun control measures that are frequently discussed.) What do you think is going to be the real impact on gun crime of implementing this change?

The chance that the back-alley gun "dealers" who currently traffic in stolen and straw-purchased would be deterred by a "universal background check" law is roughly equivalent to the chance that the Sun will explode tomorrow. Does anyone here really think that any of those gun-runners will suddenly say, "Well, shoot, I guess I can't sell back-alley stolen guns to gang members and drug dealers anymore thanks to that darn new law that says I need to run a background check"?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:31 pm

I type "Conan O' Brien in Haiti" into google and this is on the first page. I don't even have to click a link.

After Donald Trump referred to Haiti as a “sh*thole country,” Conan O'Brien took his TBS late-night show to the island nation to prove him otherwise..
Now from the Miami Herald
Conan went looking for a 's---hole' in Haiti. He found something else
BY JACQUELINE CHARLES
JANUARY 25, 2018 04:07 PM, UPDATED JANUARY 28, 2018 11:44 AM

Conan O’Brien went to Haiti to let Haitians fire back at President Donald Trump over reportedly describing the country as “a shithole.”
When news surfaced that President Donald Trump had reportedly described Haiti as a “shithole” country in a meeting on immigration with lawmakers this month, comedian Conan O’Brien knew he had to catch the next flight out.

Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien) January 18, 2018
Now back from his first trip to Haiti, where he tried to make Haitians laugh and gave them a chance to fire back at Trump, O’Brien has something to say to the president.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 pm

It's more likely that additional layers of gun control would boost demand in their services.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm

I don't want to continue to have this conversation, but I'm going to continue to have this conversation...

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

I don't want to continue to have this conversation, but I'm going to continue to have this conversation...

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:46 pm

Broken brain... :?: