Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:12 am

Where exactly do people want to live if they can't handle being in a place with a less than desirable history? Dropped in the middle of the ocean? That's actually not a bad idea. But then wait until they find out how animals treat each other.
Who said they wanted to move? A town voted to change a holiday.
And that'd be fine if this weren't one case of a billion with no end in sight. This stuff is getting brought up damn near every single holiday now, and entering every walk of life. Remember the shoes from way back to yesterday? At some point people are going to have to come to grips with the way humans were 100, 200, 1000 years ago.
At some point, you might need to come to grips with the way humans are today.
Yeah but it's not the majority. It's a the loudest crazies/people who live on social media. Even people here admit that. Which is why I can't understand why they're constantly catered to.
Let me clarify. You’ll need to come to grips with the fact that there are people like this today. And no, it’s not the majority of the country. However, it’s enough of a group of this town to want to change something there. This isn’t indicative of some sort of sea change in the country though.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 am

If it doesn't matter, why not just release the shoe or leave the status alone?
Businesses don't want the controversy whether it has merit or not.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:20 am

Eh, I'm not going to get into an abortion v. flags on shoes/being upset by the term "owner" debate, etc. I've learned somewhere that A doesnt always equal B.
Yea you’re right. It’s way worse that a small percentage of Americans are actively working around a law confirmed by the Supreme Court vs a company not making shoes with the Americans flag on it

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:48 am

Eh, I'm not going to get into an abortion v. flags on shoes/being upset by the term "owner" debate, etc. I've learned somewhere that A doesnt always equal B.
Yea you’re right. It’s way worse that a small percentage of Americans are actively working around a law confirmed by the Supreme Court vs a company not making shoes with the Americans flag on it
It’s also similarly worse that a small percentage of the other side want to work around a given right of bearing arms too.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:49 am

Congratulations to Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher, his wonderful wife Andrea, and his entire family. You have been through much together. Glad I could help!
:pop:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm

jesus christ

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Congratulations to Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher, his wonderful wife Andrea, and his entire family. You have been through much together. Glad I could help!
:pop:
These are the kinds of things we should be discussing but instead people are up in arms about shoes and small town birthday celebrations.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Chief Gallagher was accused of multiple offenses during his final deployment to Iraq and during the Battle for Mosul. The most prominent accusation and the best-attested to was the murder of a prisoner of war, a war crime.[5] A captured young fighter of the Islamic State (also known as ISIL, ISIS, and Daesh) was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife. Gallagher and his commanding officer, Lieutenant Jake Portier, then posed for photos of them standing over the body with some other nearby SEALs. Gallagher then text messaged a fellow SEAL a picture of the dead captive with the explanation "Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”[5]

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers;[2] according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings.[1] Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher allegedly boasted about the large number of people he had killed, claiming he averaged three kills a day over 80 days, including four women.[1] Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.[5]

A charge of obstruction of justice was brought against Gallagher for alleged witness intimidation. According to the claim, Gallagher allegedly threatened to kill fellow SEALs if they reported his actions.[2] The Navy cited his text messages as attempting to undermine the investigation, with messages sent to "pass the word on those traitors", meaning cooperating witnesses, and to get them blacklisted within the special warfare community.[5][1] This resulted in him being confined in the brig for a time with heavy restrictions on his ability to communicate, although this confinement was later lessened.[2]

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:55 pm

This is what our President wants to celebrate for the 4th of July.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:59 pm

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:06 pm

And back to our regular programming. I vaguely recall a certain president taking another dump on the country this morning. But let’s check in with some folks on twitter.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Does anyone else get annoyed by "news articles" which are nothing more than a collection of tweets from random nobodies?
Last edited by AuthorTony on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Gotta keep abreast on the unfiltered thoughts from the unwashed masses.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 pm

126,000,000 Americans on twitter. At what point are we going to understand that some of those people just maybe don’t have the best judgement and don’t actually represent anyone. And maybe you just skim them off the top and go about your news day.

PrinceOfRossTownship

Postby PrinceOfRossTownship » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Nevermind Trump, I'm just glad Chris Fuamatu-Maʻafala is alive and well.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm

126,000,000 Americans on twitter. At what point are we going to understand that some of those people just maybe don’t have the best judgement and don’t actually represent anyone. And maybe you just skim them off the top and go about your news day.
Could do this to most issues facing the USA.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm still waiting for all the bestiality that was to come from gay marriage.
Don't forget the tree people.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:46 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-e ... d-sex-ring
A federal appeals court has ordered the release of sealed court records pertaining to billionaire Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sex ring—spelling a victory for the victims, whose lawyers said the documents will prove Epstein trafficked underage girls to his famous friends.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Sad news for grunty:

Prosecutors in Alabama said on Wednesday that they were dropping a manslaughter charge against Marshae Jones over the death of the fetus she was carrying when she was shot in the belly.

The case stirred outrage across the country in late June after a grand jury indicted Ms. Jones, who was accused of starting a fight that resulted in the shooting. The state recognizes a fetus at any stage of development as a “person” for criminal homicide or assaults.

The same grand jury declined to charge the woman who fired the shot, Ebony Jemison, finding that she had fired in self-defense during an altercation with Ms. Jones on Dec. 4. The police have said that Ms. Jones, 28, who was five months pregnant, started the fight and failed to remove herself and her fetus from harm’s way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/us/c ... gnant.html

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Sad news for grunty:

Prosecutors in Alabama said on Wednesday that they were dropping a manslaughter charge against Marshae Jones over the death of the fetus she was carrying when she was shot in the belly.

The case stirred outrage across the country in late June after a grand jury indicted Ms. Jones, who was accused of starting a fight that resulted in the shooting. The state recognizes a fetus at any stage of development as a “person” for criminal homicide or assaults.

The same grand jury declined to charge the woman who fired the shot, Ebony Jemison, finding that she had fired in self-defense during an altercation with Ms. Jones on Dec. 4. The police have said that Ms. Jones, 28, who was five months pregnant, started the fight and failed to remove herself and her fetus from harm’s way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/03/us/c ... gnant.html
Ok... Won’t lose sleep over it.

Obviously I’m living rent free in your head though.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:55 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/us/new-j ... index.html
A teen was accused of rape, but a judge didn't want him tried as an adult because he 'comes from a good family'

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 pm

:|

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 pm

The Brock Turner judge was eventually recalled. There is some hope for the system.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 pm

A good family of rapists.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Bet the kid is white...