Politics And Current Events

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Of course you wouldn't.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Purse sauce and not having a field-tested rainbow flag in your closet aren’t exactly on the same level as bribing the ignorant with promises of a big coal renaissance, for example.

if your point is that this isn’t a partisan thing, that’s correct. But these signals like brown bagging a beer or saying “yay gays!” are just marketing gimmicks that shouldn’t really take up any real estate in the national discussion.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Purse sauce and not having a field-tested rainbow flag in your closet aren’t exactly on the same level as bribing the ignorant with promises of a big coal renaissance, for example.

if your point is that this isn’t a partisan thing, that’s correct. But these signals like brown bagging a beer or saying “yay gays!” are just marketing gimmicks that shouldn’t really take up any real estate in the national discussion.
It’s only an issue for NP when a dem does it. But Trump can act like he’s a red blooded American when he likely has never picked up a hammer or even had dirt under his nails

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm pretty sure that 100% of the Ukrainian/Russian refugees get sent to places like Ocean City and Virginia Beach to work on the boardwalk.
One of my college roommates was a Ukrainian refugee (Kharkiv) whose family was sent to 'Toona via Jerusalem. (He didn't actually know he was Jewish until about 3/4 of the way through the immigration process.)

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:13 pm

No, Trump is the only truth teller out there, he's not a politician.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Yes, giving campaign speeches in front of people you want to vote for you is different than all the other stupid shitt I described. I know 'LOL those dumb poor white people believed Trump.' How is that on any level the same as supporting someone for pretending to eat the same food that they think people with a certain skin color eat?

I doubt it'd be seen as simple campaigning if Trump did any of that. Evidenced by his actual campaigning is getting lumped in with all the other pandering nonsense.

"I'll fix your economic situation"
"I drink malt liquor out of a bag too!"

Yes those are exactly the same things and should be ridiculed equally.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Now this guys drinking 40s out of a paper bag??

It's actually whiskey.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm

It’s only an issue for NP when a dem does it. But Trump can act like he’s a red blooded American when he likely has never picked up a hammer or even had dirt under his nails
it's not that different from hillary pretending like she wasn't complicit in dismantling minority communities with the clintonian approach to drug policy enforcement. which would be a more interesting topic than a guy being handed a bottle by his campaign manager and being advised to drink from it in front of a camera, or someone who is very much likely a true supporter of LGBT rights checking off her talking points for the day, and yes - using an offensively crisp rainbow flag.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Nope... Trump doesn't do that kinda stuff. Nope, nope, nope.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:20 pm

...though i haven't checked if these horrible people have advocated for physical assault of their opponents during their pandering yet. because that sort of thing is not a big deal at all, especially when compared to how long a lady has been in possession of a piece of cloth.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Two Corinthians (walk into a bar...)

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:26 pm

NP?

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:28 pm

You equate manufactured photo ops with fake accents and the like...? That's probably a bridge too far...

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:30 pm

You equate manufactured photo ops with fake accents and the like...? That's probably a bridge too far...
This conversation started with NP criticizing the Mayor Pete bottle pic...

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Yes, I know the Cinco de Mayo thing was coming. But it was 3 years ago and we still hear about it. He also got the usual racist racist racist backlash for that. And he does pander shamelessly to the Christian crowd. I do not count wearing a miners helmet while giving a speech in front of WV coal miners or hugging an american flag (as weird as it is) while running for President in the same class, when every Democrat numbnuts who runs for office goes out of their way to stereotype every group possible and that's for some reason okay, or at the very least not supposed to be hilarious.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Yes, I know the Cinco de Mayo thing was coming. But it was 3 years ago and we still hear about it. He also got the usual racist racist racist backlash for that. And he does pander shamelessly to the Christian crowd. I do not count wearing a miners helmet while giving a speech in front of WV coal miners or hugging an american flag (as weird as it is) while running for President in the same class, when every Democrat numbnuts who runs for office goes out of their way to stereotype every group possible and that's for some reason okay, or at the very least not supposed to be hilarious.
Why this stuff bothers you SO SO SO much is very strange.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:37 pm

I strongly advise that everyone go to at least one Pride parade in their lives. They are just a ton of fun.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Yeah... I was just going to let NP grinding his gears go, but someone called him out on it and he felt the need to double down by saying Trump does not do such things. Glad to see you at least recognize his pandering to Christians, NP. Baby steps, I suppose.

BTW, the things you posted, I find to be incredibly dumb and of course pandering.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:44 pm

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Trump eating a taco salad 3 years ago: Past the statute of limitations

Now-private citizen HRC using a manufactured accent: Very much in play
Source of the post You equate manufactured photo ops with fake accents and the like...? That's probably a bridge too far...
i don't understand the distinction you're trying to make. it's all just pandering. there is no significant difference. The point of this tangent is wondering why benign, table stakes campaign maneuvers are rustling feathers. seems like a premise you'd be on board with.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Trump's entire existence as a politician is based on feeding the meme of Obama the Kenyan, and we're actually having a back-and-forth of whether or not Trump panders to voters?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:01 pm

I think you might need to check your calibration here.

I can't imagine trying to seriously weigh in on a conversation about which political party panders worse.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:02 pm

I can't imagine trying to seriously weigh in on a conversation about which political party panders worse.
Mikey, like some others on here, claims he's against both parties but always comes down on the side of the GOP.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:05 pm

I suppose if you claim to hate both sides, the GOP does pander a bit more to you as many of them claim to hate the government. ;)

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Mikey, like some others on here, claims he's against both parties but always comes down on the side of the GOP.
Correction, I think mikey always come down on the side of the Dems constantly eff up the “easy” things.