Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri May 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Mueller should have forced Trump to be interviewed or take the 5th (like Don Jr is apparently going to do).
I can't wait for the media to run with the plead the fifth Trump tweet when Jr. Does it.

Also can't wait for Trump to justify it's only OK if his family does it.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri May 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Oh good. They are dragging the kids father into it...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri May 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Mueller should have forced Trump to be interviewed or take the 5th (like Don Jr is apparently going to do).
I can't wait for the media to run with the plead the fifth Trump tweet when Jr. Does it.

Yes. Both sides are going to be gigantic hypocrites, and water is wet.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Jacob Wohl has no power or followers on the right, of any actual importance. The internet distorts reality, especially social media.

Literally the only exposure he gets is "reactions" from the "reactors".

There are pertinent examples from both right and left.

Trump himself is a good one. Morning Joe and similar programs, gave Trump almost unfettered positive coverage in the summer and fall of 2015 that amounted to almost a Billion dollars in free advertising, including carrying entire campaign speeches.
Jacob Wohl has appeared on Fox News, written for Gateway Pundit, featured on Breitbart, etc etc. All of these are credentialed news media outlets (I know, I can't believe it either). In addition, yes, his social media following, before he got trash-canned on most sites, was significant. He's even been retweeted by the President himself (as part of a leftist plot, no doubt)!

Jacob Wohl's attempts to blackmail a Presidential candidate or Robert Mueller with manufactured allegations of sexual assault is news. He's going to wind up in jail, eventually, and he's trying hard to make it happen sooner or later. That's not because "the Left" is giving him "oxygen." The only oxygen we all agreed to give Wohl at the last meeting was to laugh and laugh at him.

When Rachel Maddow goes on MSNBC and invents some scary nightmare about the Russkies coming to Fargo, ND in the middle of the night to cut gas lines causing your furnace to shut off and you and your kids to freeze to death, I don't blame "the Right." I blame Maddow. When left-equivalent of Wohl grifter Lousie Mensch says that Trump will be executed for treason, I don't blame "the Right." I blame Mensch, because she's looney tunes.

Re: Trump, yes, we all agree that he received outsized coverage, and the guy obviously inspires his supporters in a way not many on the right have in recent times. Shifting the discussion about Wohl to the President is bizarre, but I'll play along. Trump got plenty of wall-to-wall coverage on Fox News and sympathetic conservative media sites like Breitbart. Your beloved National Review's "Against Trump" edition is both sad and absolutely hilarious in retrospect.

Trying to pretend that Trump is ACTUALLY a product of the left is not persuasive, to say the least. The guy is breaking records for the highest levels of support among Republican voters of any President ever; I think the most recent polls have him at 89 and 91 percent support among Republicans. Maybe your party is leaving you behind Freddy, but it sure as sht isn't "the Left's" fault.
No one said Trump is a product of the Left. Don't put words in people's mouths, zero humans believe that. Trump is largely a product of Bush/Romney and Boehner Republicanism, say all kinds of b.s. about "conservative values" and go about putting zero of it into action.

Gateway Pundit? Really? That's not an argument for your point. His positive appearances on Fox News had to do with his wunderkid financial stuff from when he was 17.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4124410 ... show-clips

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 pm

He learned it somewhere...

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Fri May 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes. Both sides are going to be gigantic hypocrites, and water is wet.
Both sides...

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri May 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Slappy you da man (even though you support Milan)

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Yeah, especially because probably 99% of that kid's identity is being the son of a rich guy.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Reminds me of the story Ivana Trump tells of Trump skiing with his kids, declaring a race down the slope, then pushing them down into the snow so he ski past them and win.
https://t.co/YSQeZwcNXy

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm

So every mistake is your parents’ fault?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 pm

If you ain't first, you're last.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri May 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Jacob Wohl has no power or followers on the right, of any actual importance. The internet distorts reality, especially social media.

Literally the only exposure he gets is "reactions" from the "reactors".

There are pertinent examples from both right and left.

Trump himself is a good one. Morning Joe and similar programs, gave Trump almost unfettered positive coverage in the summer and fall of 2015 that amounted to almost a Billion dollars in free advertising, including carrying entire campaign speeches.
Jacob Wohl has appeared on Fox News, written for Gateway Pundit, featured on Breitbart, etc etc. All of these are credentialed news media outlets (I know, I can't believe it either). In addition, yes, his social media following, before he got trash-canned on most sites, was significant. He's even been retweeted by the President himself (as part of a leftist plot, no doubt)!

Jacob Wohl's attempts to blackmail a Presidential candidate or Robert Mueller with manufactured allegations of sexual assault is news. He's going to wind up in jail, eventually, and he's trying hard to make it happen sooner or later. That's not because "the Left" is giving him "oxygen." The only oxygen we all agreed to give Wohl at the last meeting was to laugh and laugh at him.

When Rachel Maddow goes on MSNBC and invents some scary nightmare about the Russkies coming to Fargo, ND in the middle of the night to cut gas lines causing your furnace to shut off and you and your kids to freeze to death, I don't blame "the Right." I blame Maddow. When left-equivalent of Wohl grifter Lousie Mensch says that Trump will be executed for treason, I don't blame "the Right." I blame Mensch, because she's looney tunes.

Re: Trump, yes, we all agree that he received outsized coverage, and the guy obviously inspires his supporters in a way not many on the right have in recent times. Shifting the discussion about Wohl to the President is bizarre, but I'll play along. Trump got plenty of wall-to-wall coverage on Fox News and sympathetic conservative media sites like Breitbart. Your beloved National Review's "Against Trump" edition is both sad and absolutely hilarious in retrospect.

Trying to pretend that Trump is ACTUALLY a product of the left is not persuasive, to say the least. The guy is breaking records for the highest levels of support among Republican voters of any President ever; I think the most recent polls have him at 89 and 91 percent support among Republicans. Maybe your party is leaving you behind Freddy, but it sure as sht isn't "the Left's" fault.
No one said Trump is a product of the Left. Don't put words in people's mouths, zero humans believe that. Trump is largely a product of Bush/Romney and Boehner Republicanism, say all kinds of b.s. about "conservative values" and go about putting zero of it into action.

Gateway Pundit? Really? That's not an argument for your point. His positive appearances on Fox News had to do with his wunderkid financial stuff from when he was 17.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4124410 ... show-clips
I've seen people attributing Trump's rise to "the Left" in whole or in part repeatedly, including in this thread. Mikey has, for example, criticized the Democratic Party and his perception of the influence of SJWs as driving people to vote for people like Trump (if I am misquoting you here mikey, feel free to correct me). Thanks for clarifying you would disagree with that viewpoint.

How is Gateway Pundit not relevant to this or not in favor of my point that Wohl's "oxygen" and very existence is provided by his audience on the right? They have a WH press credential and shape a material number of conservative viewpoints in this country. Was Wohl and his "wunderkind" story broadcast on noted antifa channels CNN and MSNBC?

Feel free to keep nibbling at the edges here, but the core point remains -- you want to blame "the Left" for Jacob Wohl, or whoever/whatever else disturbs your now quaint view of what American conservatism should be, but is not. At least for the time being, your brand of conservatism is dead and Trump and co. are the conservative standard-bearers, and the laughably insane wingnuts like Wohl that have arisen in his wake are not a by-product of me and the rest of my comrades. Its not "the Left's" fault no matter how many times you say it. Reckon with your own house.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 10, 2019 2:03 pm

No one said Wohl is purely a product of the Left. There is plenty of blame to go around, a lot having to do with ScamPAC's.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Jacob Wohl is irrelevant. Maybe we should talk about the more influential grifters like Glenn Beck.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri May 10, 2019 2:11 pm

The Rehabilitation of Glenn Beck™ was aided and abetted some of the absolute dumbest people on "the Left" as a supposed example of the "good" right-winger who opposed Trump, I will concede that. The rehabilitated crank is one they fall for every time.

Suckers.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 10, 2019 2:14 pm

The Rehabilitation of Glenn Beck™ was aided and abetted some of the absolute dumbest people on "the Left" as a supposed example of the "good" right-winger who opposed Trump, I will concede that. The rehabilitated crank is one they fall for every time.

Suckers.
It would be interesting to go back in time and see who actually gave a **** that Glenn Beck spoke out against Trump.

Dumbasses.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri May 10, 2019 2:16 pm

https://swalwell.house.gov/media-center ... an-be-held
No President Is Above the Law Act, which would pause the statute of limitations for any federal offense committed by a sitting president, whether it was committed **before or during** the president’s term of office. This legislation would ensure that presidents can be held accountable for criminal conduct just like every other American and not use the presidency to avoid legal consequences.
Easily DOA if it reaches the Senate. Vetoed otherwise.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 pm

I've seen people attributing Trump's rise to "the Left" in whole or in part repeatedly, including in this thread. Mikey has, for example, criticized the Democratic Party and his perception of the influence of SJWs as driving people to vote for people like Trump (if I am misquoting you here mikey, feel free to correct me). Thanks for clarifying you would disagree with that viewpoint.
Not tracking the rest of the discussion closely at the moment, but did want to speak to this because I was cited. Yes, in short, I do believe that the word police pinkos helped push Trump into office. Sole force? Of course not. But that faction probably pushed some of those middle-ish ground people to go against them...

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Not tracking the rest of the discussion closely at the moment, but did want to speak to this because I was cited. Yes, in short, I do believe that the word police pinkos helped push Trump into office. Sole force? Of course not. But that faction probably pushed some of those middle-ish ground people to go against them...
Thanks pal; wanted to make sure I wasn’t misrepping your words.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri May 10, 2019 2:38 pm

No President Is Above the Law Act, which would pause the statute of limitations for any federal offense committed by a sitting president, whether it was committed **before or during** the president’s term of office. This legislation would ensure that presidents can be held accountable for criminal conduct just like every other American and not use the presidency to avoid legal consequences.
Waste of time

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Waste of time

He's running for president so he needs his name in the news.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ben-shapi ... u?ref=home

Conservative thought leader.

If only, lol
This caused Neil, chairman of conservative magazine The Spectator, to chuckle and tell his guest: “If you only knew how ridiculous that statement is you wouldn’t have said it.”

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri May 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I'd knee that fat **** right in the common peroneal if I saw him do this. Hell, I'd like to do that to him if I just saw him.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Stacey Abrams is a loon.
Abrams calls voter suppression a national security threat to the nation. "If we do not secure our democracy in 2020 ... we will be having a very different conversation, potentially in Russian, in 2030." #NatSec2020
https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/1 ... 43489?s=19