Politics And Current Events

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed May 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Cain is not qualified. By any reasonable metric.
Yes he is by his background. He wasn’t going to be because of his conflicts of interest.
He’s not an economist. He was the CEO of a shitty pizza chain. Let’s put Papa John up for nomination
Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991. That's more than some of the already existing governors on the National Board.
@tifosi77 was right. Chairs of the BOD of Federal Reserve are largely "ceremonial" roles. Check the list here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_R ... ansas_City
No one was arguing it was not ceremonial. The point was he's not some idiot who was "CEO of a bad pizza chain".

The only reason he is not qualified is because of GBA.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 01, 2019 1:24 pm

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed May 01, 2019 1:25 pm

Much of the reporting from legit news sources (not blue just blue checkmarks) during the investigation has been proven correct. That's not really debatable.
Almost every “correct” story has falsehoods. That’s not really debatable either.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 01, 2019 1:27 pm

Not being "some idiot" does not qualify one for having a role in forming monetary policy for the Federal Reserve Bank.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Wed May 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Yes he is by his background. He wasn’t going to be because of his conflicts of interest.
He’s not an economist. He was the CEO of a shitty pizza chain. Let’s put Papa John up for nomination
Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991. That's more than some of the already existing governors on the National Board.
@tifosi77 was right. Chairs of the BOD of Federal Reserve are largely "ceremonial" roles. Check the list here:
No one was arguing it was not ceremonial. The point was he's not some idiot who was "CEO of a bad pizza chain".

I absolutely do not think he was qualified. This job should go to a top economist/banker with an undisputable knowledge of macroeconomics stuff. Cain is none of that.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Tomas is more qualified than Cain.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed May 01, 2019 1:32 pm

Tomas is more qualified than Cain.
But he's probably friends with the Chicom now so not qualified.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 01, 2019 1:33 pm

If you can sell Pizza, then you can comprehend global macroeconomic trends.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed May 01, 2019 1:35 pm

so basically Barr is saying it doesn't matter what Mueller says, this is how I transcribe it and this is how it shall be?

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed May 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Who is this clown senator Hawley?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 pm

so basically Barr is saying it doesn't matter what Mueller says, this is how I transcribe it and this is how it shall be?

But we were told Barr isn't a hack.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed May 01, 2019 1:42 pm

He appears to be a very good defense atty for Trump today.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Cant wait until Peduto names a youth center after him.

“Antwon Rose was a freedom fighter,” more than 400 activists sang on the marble steps of the Capitol Rotunda, “and he taught us how to fight.”

Video by @msantiagophotos https://t.co/3lZrx7ijRS
Antwon and his shtbag brother terrorized their neighborhood, and Antwon was involved in a drive-by shooting right before he was killed. Why, oh why, does the black community continually insist on holding up utter pieces of sht as their martyrs/heroes? Instead of focusing on how they can keep their children from ending up like him, they hold him up in admiration.

Gee, I can't imagine why places like Chicago never get better. Zero accountability.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed May 01, 2019 1:50 pm

I absolutely do not think he was qualified. This job should go to a top economist/banker with an undisputable knowledge of macroeconomics stuff. Cain is none of that.
Because people like Ben Bernanke did so well?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 01, 2019 1:52 pm

It was the SEC's job to regulate the investment banks that caused the financial crash.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed May 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Am I reading this right? Joe Biden's son was dating his dead brother's widow?
@PageSix EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden has split from Hallie Biden, the widow of his late brother, Beau.
https://t.co/wVJwSLM9xV
I thought taking your brothers widow was biblical. Deuteronomy 25:5 I think? But I think it says if they are all living together when it happens or something.
As noted on the page I was unaware of this story. Thought it odd in 21st Century America.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Kinsman-Redeemer statute, however it would not apply as Beau Biden already had a male heir.
I figured I was missing something. Thanks!

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Cant wait until Peduto names a youth center after him.

“Antwon Rose was a freedom fighter,” more than 400 activists sang on the marble steps of the Capitol Rotunda, “and he taught us how to fight.”

Video by @msantiagophotos https://t.co/3lZrx7ijRS
Antwon and his shtbag brother terrorized their neighborhood, and Antwon was involved in a drive-by shooting right before he was killed. Why, oh why, does the black community continually insist on holding up utter pieces of sht as their martyrs/heroes? Instead of focusing on how they can keep their children from ending up like him, they hold him up in admiration.

Gee, I can't imagine why places like Chicago never get better. Zero accountability.
You forgot to log into your Ned account...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Nah. I'm just tired of seeing gangbangers held up as martyrs. Because what will inevitably happen is that black children will see Antwon Rose being held up as a "freedom fighter", and resolve to one day be like him. It's incredibly stupid.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed May 01, 2019 1:57 pm

We were also told attaining security clearances are super hard if you have a sketchy background.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed May 01, 2019 1:58 pm

So is there really any debate at this point that Barr was acting in a way to put the best light possible for Trump on the investigation?

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed May 01, 2019 1:59 pm

No.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Nah. I'm just tired of seeing gangbangers held up as martyrs. Because what will inevitably happen is that black children will see Antwon Rose being held up as a "freedom fighter", and resolve to one day be like him. It's incredibly stupid.
So you're not denying that the Ned account is your alt...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 01, 2019 2:42 pm

So is there really any debate at this point that Barr was acting in a way to put the best light possible for Trump on the investigation?
Probably. Not an honest one. But probably.

We can add in “Holder was a hack for Obama” to the argument if it makes people feel better. Maybe that will settle it.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed May 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 01, 2019 3:00 pm