Politics And Current Events

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Here is another candidate:

Rep. Tim Ryan is running for president, adding a Midwestern voice to a crowded, diverse field of Democratic presidential candidates
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1113837865077813249

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Gotta love the replies. From the "How do these people get through each day" File :
.@politico Um, don't you know where Amy Klobuchar and Pete Buttigieg are from? If you mean a "Midwestern voice from a straight, white male" then just say it.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:39 pm

At this point they should just list people that aren't running.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:12 pm

At this point they should just list people that aren't running.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Yet...

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Trump is expected to name Herman Cain to the Fed
He ran and resurrected a Billion dollar company and is a former Fed Bank President. He's pretty qualified for it.
Is he anti-Fed and want to abolish it as other conservatives do? If so, that would continue the trend of appointing people to agencies that they want to do away with.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm

How about they just release the report so we can stop with this bullshit of he said she said

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Oh, ok, nothing to see here.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Where was that? The cop killer was Richard Poplowski, his screen name was iEux or something like that.
Holy crap. I didn't know that.

He was a Warz player before I started playing. I saw his username in old games I read. I remember someone mentioning that he got banned for horrible stuff in chat but I had no idea it ended the way it did.
RJ was contacted by the FBI or local Pittsburgh police about him after the shooting.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:28 pm

Here is another.
Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) is reportedly set to join the already large number of Democrats running for president in 2020. Hoping to set himself apart from the rest, Swalwell is going to primarily run on implementing more gun control.

The Atlantic reports he is going to announce his plans during his appearance on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. Swalwell also announced a town hall to take place in Coral Springs, Florida, a town that neighbors Parkland.
https://www.mediaite.com/election-2020/ ... -platform/

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:29 pm

The Marines’ top general allowed the leak of internal Pentagon memos to publicize hardships military families faced during the deployment of troops to the southern border, according to a Newsweek report.

Marine Corp Commandant Gen. Robert Neller allowed two Defense Department memos to leak to NBC News and the Los Angeles Times in the past two weeks, Newsweek reported, citing two Pentagon sources.

In the documents, Neller describes unplanned service spending bills, including for the border deployment, forcing him to cancel or scale back planned training exercises, including the Integrated Training Exercise (ITX) for II Marine Expeditionary Force, which was canceled outright, and Exercises Northern Edge, a joint exercise between the Marines and allied partners aimed at preparing for conflict in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region, which was “significantly reduced,” according to the report.

“The combat readiness of II Marine Expeditionary Force—1/3 the combat power of the Marine Corps—is degraded and will continue to degrade given current conditions,” Neller wrote in the memos.

The letter leaked to NBC also describes the slow pace of funding for repairs to Camp Lejeune, which was affected by Hurricane Florence last year. Neller told Navy Secretary Richard Spencer the total damage to the base was estimated at $3.5 billion, including $1.3 billion in building repairs and $1.7 billion in building replacements, with the remaining $500 million for operations and maintenance costs.
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/mari ... deployment

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:31 pm

How about they just release the report so we can stop with this bullshit of he said she said

Summaries were prepared for different sections of the report, with a view that they could made public, the official said.

The report was prepared “so that the front matter from each section could have been released immediately — or very quickly,” the official said. “It was done in a way that minimum redactions, if any, would have been necessary, and the work would have spoken for itself.”

Mueller’s team assumed the information was going to be made available to the public, the official said, “and so they prepared their summaries to be shared in their own words — and not in the attorney general’s summary of their work, as turned out to be the case.”
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Barr said it wasn't a summary.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Don going after Creepy Joe on Twitter!

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:41 pm

You're looking to die on this hill protecting Trump?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:44 pm

sum·ma·ry
/ˈsəmərē/
noun
a brief statement or account of the main points of something.

It's a "summary" of the primary conclusion. But it's clearly nothing beyond the ultimate conclusion of the report.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:44 pm

You're looking to die on this hill protecting Trump?
"Hey, maybe we should talk truthfully about what Barr said he was doing." = "Protecting Trump"

jlawokay.gif

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Women Accusing Joe Biden of sex assault: 0 Women accusing the President of the United States of sex assault: 17+.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Where was that? The cop killer was Richard Poplowski, his screen name was iEux or something like that.

He was a Warz player before I started playing. I saw his username in old games I read. I remember someone mentioning that he got banned for horrible stuff in chat but I had no idea it ended the way it did.
It was ieux. He did play the early warz games. I was on his team of reds once, so I had a bunch of PMs from him. He got banned I think for saying horrible stuff to Columbia. Then shortly after this happened.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:53 pm

It was ieux. He did play the early warz games. I was on his team of reds once, so I had a bunch of PMs from him. He got banned I think for saying horrible stuff to Columbia. Then shortly after this happened.
Too bad he didn't off @Columbia first.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm pretty sure it was EastonPennsFann or something like that, and not columbia.

Nittany Ned

Postby Nittany Ned » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Women Accusing Joe Biden of sex assault: 0 Women accusing the President of the United States of sex assault: 17+.
FACTUAL accusations/times Trump was Charged: 0
Times Trump was elected to the United States Presidency: 1 (About to be 2 in just over a year and a half.)

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:57 pm

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:59 pm

President Donald Trump said Thursday he would delay closing the border with Mexico for a year, apparently backtracking on his earlier threat to seal off the southern border as early as this week.

Trump told reporters at the White House that he would give Mexico a year to halt the flow of illegal drugs coming into the United States. If the drugs don’t stop, he said, the U.S. will impose tariffs on Mexican autos. If that doesn’t work, Trump said, then the U.S. would close the U.S.-Mexican border.

“That will be a very powerful incentive,” he said.

Trump insisted he wasn't bluffing.

"I will do it," he said. "I don't play games."
I'm starting to lose track. Mexico needs to stop immigration or it's closing now, Congress needs to fix immigration or it's closing now, I'll close it in a year if Mexico doesn't stop with the drugs. This is all in the last week.